• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Moving to Oklahoma City in 30 days. Feels weird to be leaving SoCal. I've lived around SoCal for 29 years of my 33. It will be nice to be back around family, though. I've got a sister who went to college out there and ended up staying, a brother who moved there, and my parents who recently retired there. Gonna miss In-N-Out, the weather, and Mexican food. I won't miss how unaffordable California has become. 

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Moving to Oklahoma City in 30 days. Feels weird to be leaving SoCal. I've lived around SoCal for 29 years of my 33. It will be nice to be back around family, though. I've got a sister who went to college out there and ended up staying, a brother who moved there, and my parents who recently retired there. Gonna miss In-N-Out, the weather, and Mexican food. I won't miss how unaffordable California has become. 

Best of luck to you!

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

best wishes. hope all goes well.

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Check out the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and take a close look at some of the works from my favorite artist, Charles Marion Russell. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I like Oklahoma City. Nice people. 

• 2 weeks later...

we have four teachers in jr. high, and yesterday afternoon, the A/C in all four of our rooms (plus at least two others) just quit. figures it happens on such a blistering hot day. still without A/C this morning. we're finishing up standardized testing today, and have put in an urgent request for repairs or for administration to declare a half day if the A/C isn't fixed before lunch. can't ask kids or teachers to work in these conditions, especially with masks required.

I was made aware of a Facebook page for Post Production veterans of the 80's and it has a memoriam section about those who have passed away. Damn near half of the people I started with in the industry are gone and some way younger than myself. So many company names I remember, many that I freelanced for and they too are gone.