• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I hear Blythe is beautiful this time of year.

3 days in anaheim, my friend - 2 days at disneyland and 1 day at knotts. we do the education program so our kids get to take a class in art, animation, physics, story telling, or designing a roller coaster. pretty good stuff.

if i took this group of kids to blythe, i'd be tempted to leave a few behind.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

3 days in anaheim, my friend - 2 days at disneyland and 1 day at knotts. we do the education program so our kids get to take a class in art, animation, physics, story telling, or designing a roller coaster. pretty good stuff.

That sounds great. 

I take back 7% of what I've said about teachers. 

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

Aren't you a bit worried about taking them to Disneyland? 

40 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Aren't you a bit worried about taking them to Disneyland? 

yes. i'm afraid several of them will starting singing "let it go" from frozen. nobody deserves to hear that.

55 minutes ago, Tank said:

What kind of mickey mouse education are you giving these kids?

14 hours ago, Tank said:

We’ll be there next Monday (in DCA) and Wednesday (in Disneyland). Be happy to have you and your girls hang out with us. 

I have to work 😫

We are going the 15th. I want the birria grilled cheese at jolly holiday 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, Tank said:

I remember my junior high trip was to the east coast.  NY, DC, etc.  And that was a public school.  Disneyland and Knotts for a school in So Cal seems a bit blah.  

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I remember my junior high trip was to the east coast.  NY, DC, etc.  And that was a public school.  Disneyland and Knotts for a school in So Cal seems a bit blah.  

Sounds like someone is still bitter about me draining that double breaking 25 footer on 18.

An idea...

Have 2 dishwashers. While 1 is running, load the new dirty dishes in the 2nd one. Then while you're doing that, you can use the clean ones straight from the 1st one..... and presto! No need to put the clean dishes away.

You know what I hate the most about rich white zoomers? How damn friendly and nice they are..

My gym is filled to the brim with these creatures and I want to hate them, but they make it so damn difficult.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When it gets hot they don't fuck around here in Charlotte, NC. We walked from the hotel to dinner 2 blocks away in 100 degree weather. Luckily the humidity wasn't very high but the tension for the police was. 

There are two graduation ceremonies at the Charlotte Arena across the street from our hotel. Thousands of people and non stop commuter trains with no barriers other than the crossing gate. Surprised no one got nailed but the night is early, a cop informed us and the second grad ceremony is still going on. 

While weaving through the masses my wife actually was walking at a brisk pace, once clear she slowed way down because of her knee being in a brace. She admitted that she wanted to get clear of any gunfire that may erupt. 

Charlotte was a major battlefield in the Civil War but nearly everything historical in the city was leveled and corporate high rises, townhomes and condos replaced it all in the last 50 years. The historic district consists of one house dating back to 1774 and is singularly unimpressive. It is flanked by a few homes built in the late 1800's on 8th street that is so narrow it cannot pass two cars without one pulling over.  

I have never seen such a old city with no history saved. There is a very short street that was called Stonewall and Google maps still use that for a direction reference but it has been renamed for the four blocks it covered. So weird that they changed the name of the same street three times in four blocks and the nber sequence changes as well from the 500 block to 300 at the intersection.