• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did I miss the memo where it’s completely OK to go wear pajamas and slippers out in public?  What the fuck?  I started noticing it a year or so back, but it tended to be a certain demographic that was doing it.

Now it’s everyone.  Yesterday alone, I saw at least 6 people, all ages and demographics, wearing fucking pajamas and slippers as regular clothing.  Guys AND girls.  In Costco.  At In N Out.  At the bank.

I used to think that the old drawstring sweatpants were the laziest clothes ever (and a pretty sure sign that the girl wearing them was on her period) but pajamas and slippers in public is worse.  Put some real clothes on people.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Did I miss the memo where it’s completely OK to go wear pajamas and slippers out in public?  What the fuck?  I started noticing it a year or so back, but it tended to be a certain demographic that was doing it.

Now it’s everyone.  Yesterday alone, I saw at least 6 people, all ages and demographics, wearing fucking pajamas and slippers as regular clothing.  Guys AND girls.  In Costco.  At In N Out.  At the bank.

I used to think that the old drawstring sweatpants were the laziest clothes ever (and a pretty sure sign that the girl wearing them was on her period) but pajamas and slippers in public is worse.  Put some real clothes on people.

I was at the airport the other day and this lady had her pink fuzzy slippers on and of course with pajamas. The boyfriend had on a Nike track suit with $200 tennis shoes 

Women. Am I right @cals?

https://www.space.com/astronauts-international-space-station-tool-bag-visible

Joining stars, planets, nebulas, and galaxies as a target for skywatchers is now a surprisingly bright tool bag floating through the space around Earth. The bag of tools gave NASA astronauts Jasmin Moghbeli and Loral O'Hara the slip on Nov. 2, 2023, as they were conducting a spacewalk outside of the International Space Station. 

This isn't even the first tool bag to reach orbit. In 2008, as NASA astronaut Heide Stefanyshyn-Piper attempted to repair a jammed gear on an ISS solar panel, she lost her grip on another tool bag which then circled our planet.

• 4 weeks later...

Somewhere in China, there are little kids laughing their asses off when they think about people (mostly Americans) opening these f*cking little boxes of Christmas lights, and spending the next 2 hours trying to figure out how to undue the 60 knots that the cords are in.

Bastards. 

5 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Somewhere in China, there are little kids laughing their asses off when they think about people (mostly Americans) opening these f*cking little boxes of Christmas lights, and spending the next 2 hours trying to figure out how to undue the 60 knots that the cords are in.

Bastards. 

And their relatives that work on the put together furniture laugh at us also for missing bolts, nuts or screws

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Where do fire trucks get their gas?  I've never seen one at a gas station.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Where do they get that?

I’d say nearly 95% of fire stations have their own diesel/gas pumps located on site.  One reason for that is because of the possibility of an earthquake, the rigs need to be self sufficient for extended periods of time with fuel.  All pumps also have hand pumps in case of electrical failures.

The stations that don’t have on site pumps, usually fuel up at their neighbor fire stations or at the City Yard.

When we would go on Strike Teams up north, we would stop at truck stops to fuel up and our Strike Team Leader would use a county issued fuel card and submit the paperwork for fueling at the end of the deployment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well, it's been an interesting 48 hours.

we had open house at school thursday night and i felt like crap. felt worse when i woke up friday morning and took a covid test, and it came back positive. hit me hard friday afternoon but saturday was better and today has been better than that. i'm home until tuesday at least.

then, our sewer line overflowed, which has been an on-going issue that our landlord is dragging his feet on. we couldn't flush from friday morning until they finally flushed the line friday night. all is well.

and on top of that, my wife was at the market friday morning and noticed that someone had taken her registration stickers off of her license plate, all the way back to 2012. so she had to go dmv and get that taken care of. who steals that many stickers, and why?

33 minutes ago, T.G. said:

@Tank... Hope you feel better soon!

Never put your registration sticker over old ones. They're easy to peel off. Scrape it clean and put it directly on the metal.

I then cut my stickers with a razor. That way taking them off in one piece is impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

started a new assignment with the sixth grade today. wrote our clear instructions on what to do, or at least i thought i did. what started off as a relatively simple assignment resulted in fifteen minutes of the most ridiculous questions. It made me question how these kids passed 5th grade.

you know how will ferrell reacted as host of celebrity jeopardy on SNL? That's how i felt today.

sean connery snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

32 minutes ago, Tank said:

started a new assignment with the sixth grade today. wrote our clear instructions on what to do, or at least i thought i did. what started off as a relatively simple assignment resulted in fifteen minutes of the most ridiculous questions. It made me question how these kids passed 5th grade.

you know how will ferrell reacted as host of celebrity jeopardy on SNL? That's how i felt today.

You might have to send the kids to The rapists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 2:48 PM, Tank said:

This was a great SNL skit.

Why can’t we just call it what it really is when we take our dog out for a “walk?”

It really should be called “4 steps, stop, sniff, piss/shit, repeat” but I guess “walk” is just easier to say than what really is going on when I take the dog out.

What should take us about 30-40 minutes to accomplish takes about 60-75 mins to finish.  Screw it, it’s his world.