• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) - The Ferguson, Missouri, police officer who killed Michael Brown says the teenager rushed at him full speed in the moments before the shooting, according to an account phoned in to a radio station and confirmed by a source with detailed knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?c=homepage-t

Sounds more and more justified...

Edited by Angels_Make_Me_Drink

I'm confused. Initial reports say the struggle started in the car and that a round was fired while the officer was in the car. So, was the kid shot struggling with the officer in/near the car? Did he then get some distance away and then charge at the officer? That seems like a pretty odd thing to do.

I am not black and won't pretend to know what it is like to be black. I am sure black folk experience things I will never have to deal with.

But their constant refusal to hold their youth accountable, the senseless violence and rioting, and the refusal to do things that might make them appear "white" (such as obeying the police or listening in class) does nothing to garner my support for their plight.

I am not black and won't pretend to know what it is like to be black. I am sure black folk experience things I will never have to deal with.

But their constant refusal to hold their youth accountable, the senseless violence and rioting, and the refusal to do things that might make them appear "white" (such as obeying the police or listening in class) does nothing to garner my support for their plight.

Only a matter of time before the thread got racist.

The media's misplaced obsession with numbers can be infuriating.

At this point, who cares if he was shot 6 times?  That's not the story!  The only difference between being shot 1-2 times vs 6 is whether the coroner goes to the scene or the local trauma center to pick up the body.  The liberal talking heads are using the 6 shots as if to say, the cop was 6 times more racist, or 6 times more guilty of murder. 

The number of shots fired doesn't change the fact that someone is dead, who the shooter was, who the victim was, or establish whether or not it was justified.  Maybe later, the number of shots fired will be relevant if they find the officer acted unreasonably. 

At this point, who cares if he was shot 6 times?  That's not the story!  The only difference between being shot 1-2 times vs 6 is whether the coroner goes to the scene or the local trauma center to pick up the body.  The liberal talking heads are using the 6 shots as if to say, the cop was 6 times more racist, or 6 times more guilty of murder. 

The number of shots fired doesn't change the fact that someone is dead, who the shooter was, who the victim was, or establish whether or not it was justified.  Maybe later, the number of shots fired will be relevant if they find the officer acted unreasonably. 

The number of shots is being brought up in the context of whether or not the officer continued firing at Brown after Brown was already immobilized or retreating. 

Grandpa_bfaf78_777622.gif

michael browns mother got a letter from trayvon martins mother. there's an interview on abc, i think.

michael brown's parents won't be satisfied until the officer who shot their boy is arrested and tried for murder. while i emphathise with them over the loss of their son, the evidence is showing he was simply an innocent victim, and they need to come to grips with the fact that their son may have put himself in this terrible situation through a short series of bad decisions.

michael browns mother got a letter from trayvon martins mother. there's an interview on abc, i think.

michael brown's parents won't be satisfied until the officer who shot their boy is arrested and tried for murder. while i emphathise with them over the loss of their son, the evidence is showing he was simply an innocent victim, and they need to come to grips with the fact that their son may have put himself in this terrible situation through a short series of bad decisions.

I'm not quite sure what evidence you are referring to.

I'd say the difference is being shot 4-5 times more.