• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

The media thinks this is a news story?

http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-cop-bragged-bonus-ferguson-protests-report-052456105.html

Missouri cop bragged about bonus from Ferguson protests: report

Yes, the liberal media thinks this is page-one stuff.  I'm surprised they're not screaming for his termination already...

The media thinks this is a news story?

http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-cop-bragged-bonus-ferguson-protests-report-052456105.html

Missouri cop bragged about bonus from Ferguson protests: report

Serious question.  And maybe LB or Ocho can answer this.  But say a tactical alert or whatever all hands report in gets called.  

A)  I'm sure you get paid, and probably extra if you are offduty since it would be overtime.

B)  Say you are LBHalo, and Compton is rioting.  And say Compton whatever is asking for help from all different areas.  Can police officers say no, I'm not going to that shitstorm if from a different agency?  

C)  Can you ask what the extra pay is, and then decide?

Yes, the liberal media thinks this is page-one stuff.  I'm surprised they're not screaming for his termination already...

I love the rhetoric of "the liberal media." I think it's more of an instance that any Ferguson story seems to get a ton of click-bait, so they are reaching for anything related to Ferguson to get that click-bait. I mean, this is yahoo, half of their front page stories are on celebrities. 

Serious question. And maybe LB or Ocho can answer this. But say a tactical alert or whatever all hands report in gets called.

A) I'm sure you get paid, and probably extra if you are offduty since it would be overtime.

B) Say you are LBHalo, and Compton is rioting. And say Compton whatever is asking for help from all different areas. Can police officers say no, I'm not going to that shitstorm if from a different agency?

C) Can you ask what the extra pay is, and then decide?

ive done a few mutual aid things. I obviously dont get say (lol), but i would guess my agency might. I think it would depend on what exactly the problem is. A centralized riot, yeah, everyone is going to send what they can. But say it was an earthquake or something, probably not (could be wrong) just because every agency would need its people for their city.

Sometimes there is planned events that neighboring departments ask for help for in advance. And in a small scale we back each other up. In orange county we have a radio channel we all losten in on if something "big" happens, i think LA has the same (LB, you guys have that hot shots system for the county i think?)

Fire does is a lot more than we do. Theyre a lot better at mutual aid. Usually if there is a fire, say in anaheim, jalf of the engines will be anaheim fire, the rest from maybe garden grove or fullerton. They do that (smartly) because if someone has a heart attack or bad car accident during the fire, you dont want the closest paramedic to be a city away.

I love the rhetoric of "the liberal media." I think it's more of an instance that any Ferguson story seems to get a ton of click-bait, so they are reaching for anything related to Ferguson to get that click-bait. I mean, this is yahoo, half of their front page stories are on celebrities.

sadly, thats true. The news is a business, and they make their business on wht sells.

True story, about a month ago my partners and i were responding to a suspicious persons call. Prior to me getting there, a group of gangsters shot at my partners. I later found the shooter with a K9 (about 2 hours later).

Anyway, point being, the media filmed most of the search. I talked to two of them after, guys ive known for years (good guys), the freelance types that sell the footage.

Not ONE news story showed it. Not one...now personally i could care less about us getting on the news. But had the tables been turned, and we shot at them...been on the front page, guaranteed.

Its the same with gangsters usually...the general public has no clue just how violent our communities are. Youll hear about it when "regular" people are involved, or the law uses force. But if its standard things like gangsters getting shot, a gnarly domestic violence case etc, the news wont show it...just kardashians...

ive done a few mutual aid things. I obviously dont get say (lol), but i would guess my agency might. I think it would depend on what exactly the problem is. A centralized riot, yeah, everyone is going to send what they can. But say it was an earthquake or something, probably not (could be wrong) just because every agency would need its people for their city.

Sometimes there is planned events that neighboring departments ask for help for in advance. And in a small scale we back each other up. In orange county we have a radio channel we all losten in on if something "big" happens, i think LA has the same (LB, you guys have that hot shots system for the county i think?)

Fire does is a lot more than we do. Theyre a lot better at mutual aid. Usually if there is a fire, say in anaheim, jalf of the engines will be anaheim fire, the rest from maybe garden grove or fullerton. They do that (smartly) because if someone has a heart attack or bad car accident during the fire, you dont want the closest paramedic to be a city away.

As far as I understand it (in my low-level, knuckle-dragging capacity as a frontline Officer), we have mutual-aid agreements with several surrounding Cities/Agencies.  We've been called to Huntington Park for the soccer riots.

If it's a pre-planned deal or an Operations-Order like the soccer riots, our specialized units will make-up the squads that respond.  The only say we have in not going, is if you've already got a scheduled vacation (or call-in sick, which would probably get you sent out of your special detail).  In these instances, we would try to flex our time in order to work most of it on regular-time.  I'm not a management guy, so I couldn't tell you if the bill gets split.

In our City, we have several phases of tactical alerts.  When it gets to the highest, everybody stays, people get called-in, and we go to 12-hour shifts (as we did for the big nothing that was Y2K).

If we're part of a specialized unit (either full-time like gang enforcement or community policing, or additional units like SWAT and dive team), we expect to be the first responding squads to go.

Luckily, our City is not Ferguson or Baltimore.  We have a good reputation with our Citizens, and are backed by our bosses for the most part.  We are afforded the tools and policies to end these things quickly and with less use-of-force.  A perfect example is our "occupy" protest in the Port a few years ago.  We stood on-line with the protesters for over an hour, as the bullhorn advised them to break-up their unlawful-assembly and leave.  As soon as we got the arrest order, I grabbed our only arrest of the day (a perfect suspect; dressed in military fatigues, with his face covered).  No use-of-force, but the message was understood and the rest started moving away.

Ferguson and Baltimore (City and Officers) were victims of the upper-level Police Command Staff not having trust in their plan and Officers to execute the mission.