• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

What does that have to do with IQ? You believe the government tells us the truth?

Figures.

No....i guess facebook memes, people blogs and a couple of 20 somethings with a youtube account who admitted the idea for loose change was originally fic5ion should suffice.

Ive blown more than enough shit up in my life to lnow what a plane hitting a building full of explosives would do....and collapsing downward an hour later isnt it.

Black Residents With Assault Rifles Stand Guard Outside White-Owned Business During Ferguson Riots

A group of black Ferguson residents armed with high-powered rifles stood outside a white-owned business in the city during recent riots, protecting it from rioters that looted and burned other businesses.

Several buildings were set ablaze, but a group of heavily armed black men stood outside a Conoco gas station.

One of the residents, a 6-foot-8 man named Derrick Johnson, held an AR-15 assault rifle as he stood in a pickup truck near that store’s entrance. Three other black Ferguson residents joined Johnson in front of the store, each of them armed with pistols.

... then they robbed the place

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/12/cop-handcuffs-and-beats-african-american-military-police-officer/#

Not a good time to be making new enemies. Looks like a black officer, though. 

If an Airforce MP got caught doing this shit, his badge and beret would be gone and he would most likely be court martialed after a thorough investigation..

Edited by Poozy

Google WTC 7.

Enjoy.

PS - I've never even seen Loose Change. I have followed the organization of 2,000 architects and physicists who completely destroy the government's fairy tale, though.

Interesting. I especially find it odd that one of the first pages of that website is a link to buy books authored by the creator of the website. Also find it ironic that of the five articles he posted, one is by "anonymous, one is by a defunct organization, and the other has no author listed. The final article is by someone who's footnotes all list....guess who, the same author and the same books that are for sale on this "website".

What a complete collection of BS that only an idiot would subscribe to.

Interesting. I especially find it odd that one of the first pages of that website is a link to buy books authored by the creator of the website. Also find it ironic that of the five articles he posted, one is by "anonymous, one is by a defunct organization, and the other has no author listed. The final article is by someone who's footnotes all list....guess who, the same author and the same books that are for sale on this "website".

What a complete collection of BS that only an idiot would subscribe to.

That is what conspiracy theorists do. They force others to "prove the negative" (which is impossible) and support their claims by linking to other conspiracy nuts.

I googled WTC 7 and this was one of the first links:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/architecture/4278927

Seems pretty logical to me. But of course, this guy is obviously getting paid by the government to spout misinformation.

I think this Eric Garner death probably should have gotten it's own thread...

Anyway,  I'll give you my take on the issue.  I believe there should have been an indictment in the case, based on two reasons.  The Officer used a "chokehold/carotid-hold" that is not within the policies of his Department.  I also have a big problem with all of the Officers standing around while not monitoring him until EMS arrived.  It is a tragic death, and there are lots of questions that need to be answered.

That said, Mr. Garner apparently had a history of these type of run-ins with this Department and Officers.  It is a trivial violation to be selling cigarettes as he was... Unless, it's constantly interfering with you business (possibly intimidating your customers, or even stealing your business).  He has probably been cited before for similar offenses, and has not taken it seriously.  The Officers debated his arrest for several minutes, before taking action to try to take him into custody.  According to law, they don't have to wait that long and can use force to overcome his resistance to being arrested immediately.

In this case, I think a taser would have done as much harm to him (if it even worked through his clothing and size) as those tazed tend to fall straight onto their heads.  I don't think these first few plainclothes Officers even had tasers with them anyway.

The bottom line is that I hope this Officer thought of his chokehold as a last resort with a large arrestee, and that it's not racial.  In any event, the case more than warrants a hearing.

LB, when you're trying to arrest a suspect and they won't cooperate, what options does an arresting have available, generally speaking? 

to me, that's been an unanswered issue in the garner case.

I got this, LB.

Tanker,

1. The officer can shoot the suspect in the face or chest

2. The officer can shoot dozens of rounds into the nearest pick up truck occupied by innocent females

3. The officer can say "f it" and head to the rub-n-tug

On the ultra conservative email circuit is a link to a video of an overlarge black teenager beating the living crap out of an elderly black man and of course it is claiming to be Michael Brown from two years ago.

http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/breaking-the-real-michael-brown-they-dont-want-you-to-see-shocking-video-release/

The web author has decided to delete any comments that contradict the validity of the video because... reasons.

What the ACLU says to do if stopped by police

— Stay calm and in control of your words, body language, and emotions. Anything you say or do can be used against you.

— Do not argue with officers. If you feel you must tell police they are wrong, do so in a non-confrontational way.

— Keep your hands where police can see them and do not touch an officer or resist physically.

— If arrested, ask for a lawyer immediately. Explaining your situation without a lawyer may harm your case.

— You may ask for officers' names, badge numbers and business cards.

— You never have to consent to a search of yourself or your belongings, including your cellphone.

— Try to find witnesses and write down their names and phone numbers.

— If hurt, take photos of the injuries, but get medical attention first. Ask for copies of your medical treatment files.

— Write down everything you remember immediately after the encounter.

LB, when you're trying to arrest a suspect and they won't cooperate, what options does an arresting have available, generally speaking? 

to me, that's been an unanswered issue in the garner case.

I'm not going to speak for LB since I'm obviously not a LE officer, but I think every situation is different.

Things that might factor into it are

Is the suspect resisting passively or actively?

Does he outweigh you by 100 pounds? Is he smaller than you?

Is he aggressive or calm...

Does he have any prior arrests.

Edited by Poozy

What the ACLU says to do if stopped by police

— Stay calm and in control of your words, body language, and emotions. Anything you say or do can be used against you.

— Do not argue with officers. If you feel you must tell police they are wrong, do so in a non-confrontational way.

— Keep your hands where police can see them and do not touch an officer or resist physically.

— If arrested, ask for a lawyer immediately. Explaining your situation without a lawyer may harm your case.

— You may ask for officers' names, badge numbers and business cards.

— You never have to consent to a search of yourself or your belongings, including your cellphone.

— Try to find witnesses and write down their names and phone numbers.

— If hurt, take photos of the injuries, but get medical attention first. Ask for copies of your medical treatment files.

— Write down everything you remember immediately after the encounter.

The only problem is you can't do most of that until or hours or days after you are arrested

I get why the police were frustrated by his comments a couple weeks back but for them to say that he has blood on his hands is pretty stupid. As if the idiot who shot the two cops was influenced by the mayor.[/quote

A Mayor stands behind his Police force no matter what. Things he said just added fuel to the fire, and emboldened the protesters to turn more violent. Called out by the head of the Police union, and the prior governor.

Police officers are attacked on the Brooklyn Bridge on video, and he doubts the credibility of the officers version of the story?

Instructs his son on how to act if confronted by a police officer, because he thinks he will be treated differently because he is black.

From the time this POS was elected I knew he was going to destroy all the success that Bloomberg and Guliani achieved over the last 20 years. I never would have predicted this.

If I was diBlasio, I would be very fearful for my own security. He has really made himself a hated man by the people that are there to protect him.