• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

LB, when you're trying to arrest a suspect and they won't cooperate, what options does an arresting have available, generally speaking? 

to me, that's been an unanswered issue in the garner case.

Like I said, if the Officer has a legal right to make the arrest they can use the force necessary to overcome resistance...  Now, in the real/reasonable world, a chokehold (which is out of Policy for your Department), is probably unreasonable.  NYC Effed-up tho, and we'll never know why everybody did what they did.

To me, the problem with the Garner case is that everybody stood around with their hands in their pockets as he stopped breathing.  That's not what we're trained to do; we work to save suspects AFTER we shoot them while waiting for Fire to respond.

I got this, LB.

Tanker,

1. The officer can shoot the suspect in the face or chest

2. The officer can shoot dozens of rounds into the nearest pick up truck occupied by innocent females

3. The officer can say "f it" and head to the rub-n-tug

4.  The Officer can change his name to "Adam" and be an internet heroine.

Edited by LBHalos17

What the ACLU says to do if stopped by police

— Stay calm and in control of your words, body language, and emotions. Anything you say or do can be used against you.

— Do not argue with officers. If you feel you must tell police they are wrong, do so in a non-confrontational way.

— Keep your hands where police can see them and do not touch an officer or resist physically.

— If arrested, ask for a lawyer immediately. Explaining your situation without a lawyer may harm your case.

— You may ask for officers' names, badge numbers and business cards.

— You never have to consent to a search of yourself or your belongings, including your cellphone.

— Try to find witnesses and write down their names and phone numbers.

— If hurt, take photos of the injuries, but get medical attention first. Ask for copies of your medical treatment files.

— Write down everything you remember immediately after the encounter.

Concur with this!

Except... Sometimes you don't have the right to refuse to consent to a search of your person or belongings.  If you are under arrest, you WILL be searched along with items/areas in your immediate control.

We don't have business cards... unless we pay for them ourselves.  We'll give you everybody's name/number involved.

This will make the NYPD nervous and trigger happy. A viscous cycle that will continue.

That POS Mayor diBlasio should be ashamed of himself.

He's gonna be run out of town...

No matter how you feel about these Police UOF issues, this should make you sick to your stomach.

I get why the police were frustrated by his comments a couple weeks back but for them to say that he has blood on his hands is pretty stupid. As if the idiot who shot the two cops was influenced by the mayor.[/quote

A Mayor stands behind his Police force no matter what. Things he said just added fuel to the fire, and emboldened the protesters to turn more violent. Called out by the head of the Police union, and the prior governor.

Police officers are attacked on the Brooklyn Bridge on video, and he doubts the credibility of the officers version of the story?

Instructs his son on how to act if confronted by a police officer, because he thinks he will be treated differently because he is black.

From the time this POS was elected I knew he was going to destroy all the success that Bloomberg and Guliani achieved over the last 20 years. I never would have predicted this.

If I was diBlasio, I would be very fearful for my own security. He has really made himself a hated man by the people that are there to protect him.

He's in no danger from Police, other than they will probably pull their Security-detail.

making the police more jumpy probably isn't a very good idea.

We've been "jumpy" since Dorner was hunting us.  But, Officers don't take to the streets thinking about taking the offensive.  We roll call-to-call.  

I thought we'd see everybody throwing their hands up as we drove by, or wearing "I can't breathe" t-shirts in LBC, but it's been business as usual here... because we have a pretty damn professional Force that polices itself.

In this age of instant-video, both Officers and Citizens/Suspects seem to be better behaved.

Milwaukee officer that shot a mentally ill homeless black man 14 times was not charged.  I guess because it was self defense there is no excessive response? Seems kinda ridiculous.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/former-officer-wont-be-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-dontre-hamilton-b99398655z1-286559211.html

They have already been protesting all week.  Idiots blocking the freeways, etc.  I give MPD credit though, they arrested all of the people disrupting traffic/businesses.

Edited by nate

Sounds like they are using Glocks with burst fire where one trigger pull can use multiple rounds. In the heat of the moment I don't think he was considering what state the attacker was in or how many bullets were expended. How many stops a guy strong enough to wrestle a baton off a trained officer? I don't know you can put a number to that.

Citizenry should never fear public servants. Ever.

agreed, but if knuckleheads are walking up to police cars and opening fire, the police are going to be a lot more wary and on edge in some cities.

probably didn't help that one group of protesters tonight were chanting "what do we want? dead cops. when do we want it? now!"

There was a story in the local paper about some Korean chick that was drunk, and jaywalked across Olympic that was arrested.  She was put in the squad car, and as they left, she somehow was able to get the door open, and fell out of a moving patrol car. 

I remember that.

The alleged victim, Kim Nguyen, a 27-year-old pharmacist, says she was handcuffed in the back of a squad car when an officer began to sexually assault her.
The incident occurred in the early morning hours of March 17, 2013.
The video, showing the woman sprawled on the ground, shows her with her dress removed from the waist down.
Nguyen said the officer's negligence also caused her to tumble out of the vehicle.
The alleged victim says it all started when she was standing in front of a downtown restaurant with two male friends.
Just after 2 in the morning, she said the three friends were waiting for a cab as they had all been drinking.
She said officers pulled up and placed her in the back of a patrol car — for allegedly being intoxicated — and left the men behind.
In a deposition taped this past December, she claimed the officer who was in the back seat with her, started grabbing her left inner thigh and began opening her legs. Nguyen says the officer touched her chest and pulled her ears to get her closer to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaB4LtGucvs

Officer Friendly forgot to latch the car door before the rape.

Never fear, LAPD is "investigating".

21 months later....

The LAPD say that they are “investigating,” but that investigation has never concluded. Still, the department says they “will ensure that Ms. Nguyen is made aware of the outcome of the investigation related to this incident,” whenever they finally conclude it.

Wait, I thought that if you cooperated with police then everything would be just fine...

Edited by Ludwig Von Mises

agreed, but if knuckleheads are walking up to police cars and opening fire, the police are going to be a lot more wary and on edge in some cities.

probably didn't help that one group of protesters tonight were chanting "what do we want? dead cops. when do we want it? now!"

This is wrong in so many ways. No wonder the cops are edgy.