• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

Watch the video. It's readily available. Maybe you don't mind living in a place where that's acceptable. I don't.

Yeah, IMO the takeaway from the video shouldn't be that if he had listened to them, maybe they wouldn't have been assholes. It should be that they escalated a situation that killed a person, which all stemmed from a minor offense. Why even arrest him? They could have just handed him a ticket.

The new thing that is becoming an issue for use of force training is compression asphyxiea. This is pretty common and can lead to breating issues. It is more common with overweight people as well. This often happens when the officers are dog piling on but throw in a choke hold and bad things will happen. There is a reason many departments don't authorize them.

If you call pulling your hands away resisting then fine. But what part of lying under 5 cops and begging to be allowed a life-sustaining breath is considered resisting arrest? At what point is he subdued? Where is the line between police doing their job and a gang of street thugs exerting their dominance?

I did some research on police compensation and as I thought the municipal forces tend to be pretty grossly underpaid in poorer neighborhoods. As Cezaro prepares to teach Of Mice and Men to his class I guess the best we can ask is that they act a little more like George and a little less like Lenny.

Just my 2 cents.  And I have not seen the video of the NY thing.  

But it's hard to believe that that much force would be used for selling illegal goods.  This is why cameras on all cops is probably a good thing, and something the president should use executive order on, instead of all the crap he uses it on.  Because if you just went based on a video where the shit started to hit the fan.  It's like saying the Angels were absolute crap last year because all you saw was the Royals buzzsawing the Angels in the playoffs.  

Look at the Watts thing.  That could have been a rallying cry for police injustice by the 1% rich actors/actresses.  Instead, because of a police recording, she looks like a total tool.

Just my 2 cents.  And I have not seen the video of the NY thing.  

But it's hard to believe that that much force would be used for selling illegal goods.  This is why cameras on all cops is probably a good thing, and something the president should use executive order on, instead of all the crap he uses it on.  Because if you just went based on a video where the shit started to hit the fan.  It's like saying the Angels were absolute crap last year because all you saw was the Royals buzzsawing the Angels in the playoffs.  

Look at the Watts thing.  That could have been a rallying cry for police injustice by the 1% rich actors/actresses.  Instead, because of a police recording, she looks like a total tool.

I don't see the point of the cameras since this is on video and all they do is say he did not choke him, he simply grasped him around the throat and cut off his ability to breathe. Old Injun trick. Just like with "imminent" threat and droning when a definition doesn't suit them they just change the definition and laugh in your face. You now live under selectively enforced martial law. Enjoy.

Speaking of remarkable restraints, how about that chokehold?

I missed it, which cop in that video was the one who took down Eric Gardner? I'm not sure either, so obviously they all deserved it, especially the one that got hit in the head with the sawhorse.

i saw the beginning of the video this morning, something that i had not seen previously. it showed garner explaining the police that he had simply helped break up a fight. he was explaining his role in it while the police calmly stood by listening. at no point did the police accuse of him on the tape of selling loosey's in a clear voice.

i agree with whoever suggested the police simply give him a citation. this was a gross overreaction. i don't understand what the grand jury saw that convinced them not to indict.

Nothing in the Ferguson issue says that the guy didn't have it coming.

The New York issue on the other hand, what a load of bullshit.

I'm kind of aligned with this.  It feels like the Ferguson thing has muted/trumped what could have (should have) been a real outpouring of distain for the NY event.  (As we are doing in this thread)  The two events have been married together and I really think that does a grave injustice to the NY case.

Edited by Geoff