• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Incoming Kershaw Mega Deal

Dude does a ton of charity work, he wants more money so he can give more away. Not a fair criticism at all. 

Good for him if true, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Look, it's not like I'd think any less of him if all he cared about was the money.  It's just that I keep hearing that he could care less about money and now he's making almost $31M per year.  Just calling a spade a spade, that's all.

The Dodgers went 19-14 in games he started last year. 

How much of those wins came after the Dodgers offense went bizerk? And how many of those losses did he give up more than 2 runs? Answer: A lot to the first and very little to second. Their future is bright with their new group of guys on offense.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

Good for him if true, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Look, it's not like I'd think any less of him if all he cared about was the money.  It's just that I keep hearing that he could care less about money and now he's making almost $31M per year.  Just calling a spade a spade, that's all.

i think for publicity sakes he has to say "it's not about the money". the public usually vilifies anyone who comes out and says "i deserve to be paid more."

Dodgers with 5 guys at 20+ Mil per now..  Tanaka would be a 6th at the 6/120 figure people talk about and Hanley Ramirez a FA soon.   Hanley is currently a career 132 OPS+ guy...  Cano was a career 125+ guy and he got 24 mil per.

Crazy at it sounds, the Dodgers have 7 guys making at least 20 Mil, and Andre Either at 18 Mil.  Those 8 Guys would be about 180 M in payroll.

$30,700,000 average per season. Assuming 33 starts, and 7.1 innings and 110 pitches per start, that's:

$930,303 per start

$131,029 per inning

$8,457 per pitch

Average elementary school teacher: $41,000 per year

That means Kershaw makes more than an elementary teacher does in a year in five pitches.

Something's wrong with this picture.

40,000 people don't show up and pay big bucks to watch an elementary school teacher in the classroom.

But you're right, the money these players make is obscene.

Not only is it obscene, but its very telling about what our society values. Kershaw might inspire some young people, although perhaps only to try to be something that they possibly can't be, while a teacher will impacts hundreds, even thousands, of children, helping them in their educational development.

It doesn't bother me that Kershaw is paid more than teacher, but that he is paid 748 times more.

Not only is it obscene, but its very telling about what our society values. Kershaw might inspire some young people, although perhaps only to try to be something that they possibly can't be, while a teacher will impacts hundreds, even thousands, of children, helping them in their educational development.

It doesn't bother me that Kershaw is paid more than teacher, but that he is paid 748 times more.

Supply and demand.

ECON 101