• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Incoming Kershaw Mega Deal

I think they were posturing with their interest in Tanaka to get Kershaw to come down to reality... Pretty impressive considering they have the same agent.

Not to mention, I'm sure Casey Close was fine with it as it drives up the price for Tanaka with other teams thinking the Dodgers are "in."

Now has me thinking that Close is using the Dodgers to make the Yanks or Angels chase a phantom bid by the Dodgers?  One of those, hey dogs, I'll help you out with the Kershaw deal and get it done, but you have to help me out with getting a max bid on Tanaka.  A tactic used quite well by Boras.  

By the way, this deal is huge for Trout.  He's an every day player who will certainly command more money than Kershaw just got.  We're talking maybe 7-8 year, $230-$240MM deal which is crazy money for a guy who will be set up to get another contract in his early 30s.

Wow, I would never pay 200+ million to a pitcher who plays the game every 5 days. That and the risk for arm/shoulder injuries. No way!

A guaranteed win every 5 days seems worth it to me. It really is almost a guarantee with that Dodgers offense, Kershaw won't ever give up more than 1-2 runs a game.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

By the way, this deal is huge for Trout.  He's an every day player who will certainly command more money than Kershaw just got.  We're talking maybe 7-8 year, $230-$240MM deal which is crazy money for a guy who will be set up to get another contract in his early 30s.

I don't know...still different circumstances. Kershaw was going to be a FA after this upcoming year. Halos still control Trout for 4 more years(2014-2017)