• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Incoming Kershaw Mega Deal

Dodgers outclassing the Angels again, locking up a young proven stud.

Is Arte watching?    The disparity between the two clubs has gone from All-Angels straight to All-Dodgers.

Depressing.   At least lock Trout up.   I'd be more tolerant of the moves for all the other jackasses.

Excuse me....How is the Dodgers extending their best pitcher making Arte look bad?  Didn't he sign re-sign his best pitcher a few years ago?

People, if you are going to criticize people please do it when there is a good reason.  To bi*** just for the sake of bi***ing, makes legitimate complaints look weak.

I don't know...still different circumstances. Kershaw was going to be a FA after this upcoming year. Halos still control Trout for 4 more years(2014-2017)

If the Angels are stupid enough to wait until the last year of arbritration to extend Trout, then yes, I would agree Trout would be looking at 8 year 250 million.

Instead, if the Angels were smart, extend him in May 10 years 220 million.

Good for him if true, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Look, it's not like I'd think any less of him if all he cared about was the money.  It's just that I keep hearing that he could care less about money and now he's making almost $31M per year.  Just calling a spade a spade, that's all.

Ok this is stupid.  Should the guy work for 500k just to prove to you he doesn't care about money?  God bless the man for being able to earn his big contract.  AND if he has any moral character he will take a hefty change of that money and give back to the community.

Not only is it obscene, but its very telling about what our society values. Kershaw might inspire some young people, although perhaps only to try to be something that they possibly can't be, while a teacher will impacts hundreds, even thousands, of children, helping them in their educational development.

It doesn't bother me that Kershaw is paid more than teacher, but that he is paid 748 times more.

Speaking of ratios, the CEO's of some Fortune 500 companies are paid at least a thousand times more than workers at their company. Walmart's CEO has a retirement plan worth $113 million, which is more than 6,000 times bigger than the average 401(k) balance of a non-executive worker there.

The typical retail employee in America would have to work almost three months straight of overtime just to match the hourly pay of some of these CEO's.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/2013/466-hours-overtime-equals-hour-ceo-pay/

Edited by fan_since79

Ok this is stupid.  Should the guy work for 500k just to prove to you he doesn't care about money?  God bless the man for being able to earn his big contract.  AND if he has any moral character he will take a hefty change of that money and give back to the community.

Just because he gives back to charity or his community (something just about every professional athlete does for tax purposes), it somehow means he doesn't care about money?  Or is it because he says he doesn't care?

He doesn't have to prove jack to me and I could care less about his contract. He's the best pitcher in baseball and deserves to be one of the highest paid. I just find it funny he now has the highest AAV ($30.7M) in baseball history and people still want to say he gives two shits about money.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of ratios, the CEO's of some Fortune 500 companies are paid at least a thousand times more than workers at their company. Walmart's CEO has a retirement plan worth $113 million, which is more than 6,000 times bigger than the average 401(k) balance of a non-executive worker there.

The typical retail employee in America would have to work almost three months straight of overtime just to match the hourly pay of some of these CEO's.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/2013/466-hours-overtime-equals-hour-ceo-pay/

The typical retail employee might want to try work work his/her way up if they don't want a minimum wage paycheck.