• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Incoming Kershaw Mega Deal

the guy is probably my favorite non halo out there.  he's a badass and deserves every penny, but he's averaged 200ip since the age of 20 and 230ip in the last three years from age 23-25.  You can't not do this if you are the Dodgers, and hopefully Kersh is a freak and bucks every trend, but you've got to be worried that his arm is gonna fall off sooner than later. 

I believe Verlander and Hernandez are signed for about $26 mil per for 7 years, and Kershaw is a better pitcher than both.  I have to believe his market value is somewhere between $28-33 mil.  And he is young enough that any contract should be for at least 7 years, but maybe closer to 10.  I therefore would think any contract should be $200 mil on the low end, and $300+ on the high end.  More realistically, somewhere in the range of 8/240-9/270. 

Dodgers outclassing the Angels again, locking up a young proven stud.

Is Arte watching?    The disparity between the two clubs has gone from All-Angels straight to All-Dodgers.

Depressing.   At least lock Trout up.   I'd be more tolerant of the moves for all the other jackasses.

Is Arte watching? The disparity between the two clubs has gone from All-Angels straight to All-Dodgers.

Depressing. At least lock Trout up. I'd be more tolerant of the moves for all the other jackasses.

Kershaw didn't get a respectable salary until his 4th year in the league. It's hard to sit and blame the Angels over Trout when he's entering his 3rd full season. Trout will get paid by the Angels. I don't think there is anyone who doubts that.

so what's their reasoning to lock up Kershaw asap. So they can focus in on Tanaka..

Dodgers are ruing the Angels :(

I see it differently.  I see locking up Kershaw as priority, and Tanaka being the fallback plan.  The Dogs are playing the Tanaka market, instead of being played by the Tanaka market.  

Of course I'll be totally wrong and they sign both.  But my gut tells me, after they sign Kershaw, they will drop out of the Tanaka race.

Is Arte watching?    The disparity between the two clubs has gone from All-Angels straight to All-Dodgers.

Depressing.   At least lock Trout up.   I'd be more tolerant of the moves for all the other jackasses.

Uh, the Dodgers waited until Kershaw's last yr of arb before locking him up to a fat extension. Not a real good comparison as Trout isn't even arb-eligible yet

Halos will extend Trout in due time. I'm not concerned about it

Edited by bloodbrother

Talk about an unwarranted overreaction.

I think they were posturing with their interest in Tanaka to get Kershaw to come down to reality... Pretty impressive considering they have the same agent.

Not to mention, I'm sure Casey Close was fine with it as it drives up the price for Tanaka with other teams thinking the Dodgers are "in."

I really enjoy Kershaw probably my most favorite non Angels player, he deserves to get paid big. But I think it would be really bad for the MLB if the Dodgers sign both Tanaka and Kershaw. I hope the new regime that takes over next year for the MLB will put in a hard salary cap so it can even out the playing field between the big money clubs and the small money clubs. 

If this deal gets done, and Tanaka really wants to play on the west coast, I think the Angels are serious contenders for Tanaka as long as they cough up the 150m contract including the posting fee. Question is..if we can get Tanaka at 150m..do we even want him?

That's too much IMO.

120-130 million seems way more reasonable.