• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phil Hughes In Line For Two-Year Deal

gotbeer

Ill get murdered for this but sign Garza, sign Hughes and go all in for Tanaka. If you can't get him then you include Richards, Trumbo or Whoever for Price.

I understand your reasoning for this, but at that point we have no younger pitching on the staff and nothing in the upper portion of our system.  That would be several "all in" moves.  I honestly believe it is those kind of moves that got us in this situation in the first place.  

LOL at "trade Cron for Hellickson." Might as well trade Calhoun for Kershaw while we're at it.

Yeah, because Hellickson's value is through the roof huh

I admit, A straight up trade won't get it done, but a package of Cron and Lindsey would be more than enough to acquire Hellickson.

Yeah, because Hellickson's value is through the roof huh

I admit, A straight up trade won't get it done, but a package of Cron and Lindsey would be more than enough to acquire Hellickson.

Sorry for the snark. Hellickson is better than his 2013 (5.17 ERA), but not as good as his 2012 (3.10 ERA). I see him as a Matt Garza-type, which is still pretty good. That would take more than Cron. Cron and Lindsey? Maybe that gets it done, but I really like Lindsey and want to see him take over 2B.

His peripherals have always been so-so and shown that he's been quite lucky throughout his career. He also seen a dip in his velocity last season, going from 92 down to 90. All of that would make me hesitant to give up Cron AND Lindsey, but Friedman sure as hell wouldn't take anything less.

Edited by SoWhat

I understand your reasoning for this, but at that point we have no younger pitching on the staff and nothing in the upper portion of our system. That would be several "all in" moves. I honestly believe it is those kind of moves that got us in this situation in the first place.

Yea I get that but Price is only 28 and is a very good. It's not like it's another 31 or 32 year old pitcher. The only issue is the cost.