• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

So I guess shoulder injuries are common. About 18 months ago I hurt my shoulder trying to bench too much and I lifted with my arms/shoulders instead of my chest. It took a full year to heal but I still haven't tried to max out on bench. I think the most I've done since is about 145 lbs. but I'd rather lift more reps than more lbs, especially if it reduces my chance for injury.

I've really been watching what I've been eating and drinking lately and I'm down about 17lbs from my high point about 8 weeks ago. I'll keep plugging away.

• 4 weeks later...

Was really stalling with stronglifts 5x5, so I just recently switched to a more intermediate program. Doing Madcow 5x5. Hopefully I see big gainz.

Was struggling with my squat so I bought these bad boys 

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/mens-training-powerlift-20-shoes/AU517?cid=Q33821&breadcrumb=1z13071Z1z11zrfZsvZu2Z1z13nzz

Seems to be helping a lot thus far

Edited by Poozy

• 3 weeks later...

Been hitting the gym 5 days a week for the past 2 months. 1 hour stretch/lifting weights, 30 mins cardio (stairstepper, treadmill, elliptical, swimming), protein shake afterwards.

Eat bananas, watermelon, vegetables, chicken and turkey slices, drink lots of water. No soda, just vitamin water. Lost 20 pounds so far, and never thought I'd be under 200 lbs again.

I can also fit into some size 32's I bought 8 years ago and never thought I'd fit into them again. All my new clothes are now too big.

Starting exercising half hour a day and eating less food it sucks but it's working - I've lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks - went from 195 to 185 . Then I had a delusional moment I looked at the angels players and some are my height 5,9 and I think it was Cowgill that was 180 and I'm like " yeah 5 more pounds and I'm good!" Then I remembered that I'm not a professional athlete and a musician that spends all day sitting and or standing playing guitar like me should really weigh 170 or less - dammit

• 8 months later...

So I decided to build my own home gym. I like to think the main thing that has always held me back is the terrible gym going experience. I'm sure we all know about all the bullshit that goes on in public gyms. Some can handle it better than others.

In total it ran me around 1k.

Powerrack

olympic barbell + weights 

heavy duty matts

Dips bar attatchment

Bench

Bought everything new on amazon and overspent a little on the barbell + weights. 

Could've probably spent around half that if I looked on craigslist.

Currently doing stronglifts 5x5 again after taking almost a year off and losing all my strength.

workout A

squat 5x5

bench 5x5

rows 5x5

weighted dips 3x5

workout B

squat 5x5

ohp 5x5

deadlift 1x5

weighted chinups 3x5

Edited by Poozy

I'd be curious to see your progress, Poozy. Also how easy/hard it is to maintain the stronglift routine.

I've lost 50 pounds since July. 205 to 155, and at 5'10" I'm definitely on the trim side now. Weightlifting is the next logical step for me.

Home gyms are too close to the home couches, home televisions, home refrigerators and home beers

which is perfect for me since I don't have to drive to a crowded ass gym fighting over the one damn power rack to go along with worrying about hogging equipment, people judging you and all the annoying "bros" ext.

going to a 24 hour fitness from like 6-10 am and 3-9 pm is crazy busy. It's hard to focus on what I need to do when it feels like I'm at an amusement park on a weekend.

**** man.. I guess I just hate people. :unsure: 

Cardio is never an issue, but powerlifting is always frustrating because most gyms have been getting rid of all the powerlifting equipment in favor of machines.

But yea.. nothing better than being able to blast my stereo and just focus on what I need to take care of.

Edited by Poozy

I'd be curious to see your progress, Poozy. Also how easy/hard it is to maintain the stronglift routine.

I've lost 50 pounds since July. 205 to 155, and at 5'10" I'm definitely on the trim side now. Weightlifting is the next logical step for me.

I'll post an update when I'm one month into the program. My issue has always been on the diet side of things since you need to eat a lot to get stronger.

What kind of bullshit goes on in public gyms?

Most of it is all stupid highschool toughguy crap. The rest of it just seems like people enjoy getting in the way of you getting your pump on.

-Can't find one specific dumbell anywhere because they're dispersed randomly around the entire gym

-Find a 20 pound dumbbell but some asshole swears he's using both (even though he hasn't touched them in 15 minutes)

-Asshole sits on the ab cruncher browsing his music/texts/tinder/facebook for 20 mins even though you just wanna finish up your workout and use it for 5

-Go up to a tricep workout that hasn't been touched for 10 minutes "Hey bro, I'm still finishing my set with that."

-Good luck with those 2 cable machines, those 5 guys are using them, meanwhile ones broken, and someone hops on after they're done

-Old nasty asian guys walking around the locker room naked with no f**ks given

-Gross women with tight leggings who shouldn't be wearing those

-Guys and girls who just go to socialize and talk loud about sh** nobody gives a f*** about

I don't do the public gym thing anymore. I'm not gonna pay to deal with that sh**.