• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Haha. Sure that stuff happens but it's not that previlent. I go to 24 twice a week to lift ALWAYS a between 6-9am, and I'm able to get my workouts done with very little trouble. Sometimes I'll have to change it up, but that's not only fine but it's better for you.

Haha. Sure that stuff happens but it's not that previlent. I go to 24 twice a week to lift ALWAYS a between 6-9am, and I'm able to get my workouts done with very little trouble. Sometimes I'll have to change it up, but that's not only fine but it's better for you.

Well, like I said, some handle it better than others. Same goes for working out at home.

For my goals and preferences, working out at home is far more effective and will save me money in the long run.

Edited by Poozy

I think if you're a serious trainer the home gym or (God help me) a cross fit/private gym is the way to go.

If you just wanna burn 400-500 calories and not feel like Michael Moore looks, the public gym is where it's at. I pay $10/mo for Crunch on El Toro. Mostly mexican chicks there and HS students

I think if you're a serious trainer the home gym or (God help me) a cross fit/private gym is the way to go.

If you just wanna burn 400-500 calories and not feel like Michael Moore looks, the public gym is where it's at. I pay $10/mo for Crunch on El Toro. Mostly mexican chicks there and HS students

I was going to ask if they had child care at that location but you answered my question

I've never had an issue at a gym. Sure the stereotypes are there, but really who gives a **** about the dude in the locker taking selfies I'm the mirror. I always go in with a plan and have been able to always accomplish it, even if varying a lift or two.

Adam is right about the home laziness. The only thing I've remotely had success with is doing Spartacus at home and even that lacks and I'd do it more at the gym.

Luckily coming out to OC our place is brand new and that means the gym is top of the line and better than some public ones and generally empty. I wish it only had a barbell section for bench, dead lifts, etc. But there are dumbell equivalents and that section is pretty sweet.

Yeah, in Tustin...I'm sure you can guess which one. They are still building so it's pretty empty for parking, gym, etc. We are really happy and love the area.

I never get far with any of the at home series. I think the most I did was a week of Insanity and that was a mix of taking it to the office and home years ago.

Nice dude. So you guys got into one of those nice apartment communities?

P90X is pretty easy from home because there's a countdown clock. I only do the cardio DVD tho.

I did p90x for like 2 months straight. It'll get you cut. The only dvd i refused to do was yoga. That shit is tough.

Edited by Poozy

Diet and cardio worked for me.

The thing that I think has had the most lasting effect is use of the myfitnesspal app.

You set a calorie goal, and by diligently programming in what you eat each day, you train yourself to not eat like a complete ass.

I was able to cut out fast food, soda, weeknight drinking, and I learned to stay away from the candy bowl that bitch keeps by the front desk. I saved my carbs (bread and beer) for the weekend.

So what is the best way to lose weight quickly? Tons of cardio and diet?

If you're being serious and can do it, it's simply eliminating sugars and carbs with burning a lot more calories than you intake daily.....doing anything hiit or circuit style.

I've known people that have lost 15 pounds in a week with diet and exercise. I've lost 8 before in 5 days just limiting daily caloric intake to probably around 1000. I had a buddy staying with us that went on a trip with his chick for 4 days and when he came back saw the difference in my face and it was the first thing he mentioned.

It's actually really simple to talk about, but even harder to stick to. Even fasting doesn't work as fast....which I've done too.

I've been using a bodybuilding.com routine the past few weeks. The previous 4-5 months I have kept a pretty strict lifting routine but just haven't been seeing any results. But i am just now starting to get better about eating at least 4-5 meals a day along with some whey protein.

I ran track for the past 5 years so its been a bit of a challenge to try and muster up another 10-15 Ibs but I've finally done it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2011/shortcut-to-size-e-book.pdf

I've been using a bodybuilding.com routine the past few weeks. The previous 4-5 months I have kept a pretty strict lifting routine but just haven't been seeing any results. But i am just now starting to get better about eating at least 4-5 meals a day along with some whey protein.

I ran track for the past 5 years so its been a bit of a challenge to try and muster up another 10-15 Ibs but I've finally done it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2011/shortcut-to-size-e-book.pdf

all those different rep counts confuse the **** out of me. Looks pretty intense. 

good shit.

Edited by Poozy

• 1 year later...

Figured I'd bump this since it's the new year..

Want to send my best to anyone looking to get into the fitness habit this year.

Best advice for this first month is to not focus on any long term results, but rather focus on getting into the workout habit of getting in 5 times a week for at least 1-1 1/2 hours.