• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Adam, throw a Spartacus app in your phone as well. Sadly, the pay ones are the best, but I have a free one that is good too.

I use two Spartacus apps. One has a good timer setting and exercises, another has better exercises but a locked clock. Just mix the latter with the former every now and then.

Ill give them a look!

• 4 weeks later...

ive been doing lots of circuit training lately. 

mostly body weight stuff, high heart rate, high reps, etc.

stuff like 10 bench press immediately followed by 10 deadlifts, then go right back to 9 bench press and 9 deadlifts..

8..7..6.. etc down to 1 rep. little to no rest.

also lots of trx cables, squat jumps, tractor tire work, sleds, cleans, ropes, etc.

fun stuff.

One I liked for a bench circuit is basically constant drop sets. Start with a weight and incrementaly taking off weight to where you are left with just the bar. I loved the looks when someone looks at just the bar portion and sees us struggling with a 45 pound bar not knowing what just happened.

Those were fun. Just burning out reps.

With the kid and an insane work schedule right now it is tough to get to the gym more than a couple days per week so I'm going to try and squeeze in a 20-30 minute sesh at home every night. I like the spartacus workouts. I just feel good afterward.

One I liked for a bench circuit is basically constant drop sets. Start with a weight and incrementaly taking off weight to where you are left with just the bar. I loved the looks when someone looks at just the bar portion and sees us struggling with a 45 pound bar not knowing what just happened.

Those were fun. Just burning out reps.

yeah drop sets are fun - i always do that on the last set of major groups.

or a good one for biceps is what i call "run the rack."

take whatever dumbbell weight you can curl for only 8 reps.

do that, then immediately put it down and grab the dumbbells that are 10 lbs lighter, and do 8.

then 10lbs lighter, and do 8.

then 10libs lighter, and do 8.

etc etc etc

i like to go 50-40-30-20-10-5 but you can do whatever works. 

by 5lbs my arms are noodles.

just one run of that in perfect form and you're good to go since its almost 50 reps.

that's a good one and similar. I think that's the one that gave me t-rex arms. good to crush at the gym, not.good to not be able to bend your arms for five days.

I love drop sets and do the same thing. after you mentioned Body For Life I read it on a plane and actually love the beginner workout program they have that is all major muscle groups. I do it all the time and always when I jump back in the gym after a layoff but throw in the drop set as the final set. thanks again for that rec.

Actually, most of the stuff we were doing was burnouts with sets. I need bro get back there.

yeah drop sets are fun - i always do that on the last set of major groups.

or a good one for biceps is what i call "run the rack."

take whatever dumbbell weight you can curl for only 8 reps.

do that, then immediately put it down and grab the dumbbells that are 10 lbs lighter, and do 8.

then 10lbs lighter, and do 8.

then 10libs lighter, and do 8.

etc etc etc

i like to go 50-40-30-20-10-5 but you can do whatever works. 

by 5lbs my arms are noodles.

just one run of that in perfect form and you're good to go since its almost 50 reps.

You guys spoke of this on the last forum and now its the favorite big exercise among a number of us at the end of the "workout week" on Friday night - except we do skull-crushers, will try the curls thing this time around

• 2 weeks later...

had an lcl sprain from a soccer game (and blowing dudes while watching Willow) and was out about a month.

started back yesterday and decided day 2 today would be the right time to jump back into Spartacus and do three sets instead of what I remember as two. lol.

have been eating better to gear up and need to kick the booze to report back in a month or two with Adam like results.

I had dropped a bunch of weight last year before taking a trip to Boston in March. **** Boston, the food there is so good I blew up all of my good eating habits I had formed.

After returning I kept cheating until I was no longer on any program other than eat too much three times a day and supplement that with sugar snacks.

Went back to a restrictive diet and immediately dumped 5 lbs and it's not water weight. Last Saturday was supposed to be my return to the lifecycle and snagged a toe on a throw rug and snapped it. Black and blue or not the cycle is getting used this weekend, the fatso lifestyle has to end.

I didn't mention, but Blarg you looked noticeably thinner when I saw you at Bootleggers from when I last saw you which I believe was the 2008 clincher against Boston at Throwbacks. That wad the first thing I noticed when everyone said hi.

Adam, what do you do to clean out the system? I've done it three times but always am interested in something new. I've done the lemonade fast dealio twice and liked it. And before I started my cycle last year I did some herbal one that lets you eat normal, but the pills really do an internal cleaning. Didn't notice much, but the point was to clean the liver and strengthen before the roids. I ask because I need to do the same.

I don't do a formal cleanse. I just mean after a few days or more of eating crap - lots of carbs, processed crap, etc... our digestive systems are overwhelmed. Combine that with the excess water retention and we can be carrying 10-15 LBs extra. That's why people lose a grip the first week of a diet. It isn't all water weight. A lot of it is actual food going through the digestive process.

By eating lower amounts - mainly fruits, veggies and meats for a few days, I'll process, crap and piss out all the stuff that makes me bloated and I feel a lot better.

This is totally speculation on my part, but I tend to think we're still young enough that juice or <whateverdoctorozisselling> cleanses really have no tangible benefit to us aside from giving your body time to flush out all the food its processing. You can do that by just eating fewer calories for a short period of time.

Possible. Part of the reason I did the lemonade one was just to reset and it's amazing how the third day I was just alert and energized....the second time I was going to the gym because of the energy where I thought I'd be depleted. It may indeed be the fact my body simply processed everything by day three.

Possible. Part of the reason I did the lemonade one was just to reset and it's amazing how the third day I was just alert and energized....the second time I was going to the gym because of the energy where I thought I'd be depleted. It may indeed be the fact my body simply processed everything by day three.

Yeah. I'm not a doctor, per se (haha) and have no idea if there are benefits or not. I don't think I'd ever be willing to do a liquid diet for more than a meal. I do know that once I crap all the crap out of my body, I feel great and I've been able to do that by just minimal eating for a few days.