• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Roadrunner Sports in San Diego is a great place to go for running shoes, they do an assessment on your feet and how you run and then recommend shoes.  I've been going to them for about a decade now.  There's also a place in LA that does the same thing but I'm not sure what it's called.  Getting the right shoes makes a big difference.  

Chuck - I'm combining what you're doing with regular exercise.  Cutting out the late-night snacks, eating better in general, avoiding the drive-thrus.  Diets don't really work.  You have to change your approach and find a way to make it stick.  I still weigh myself because I'm obsessed with tracking things, but I only do it once a week (except for when I'm on Wii Fit a few times a week).

Side note - yeah, it's old and cheesy but the Wii Fit is pretty fun and it's a good way to sneak in a little exercise.  It ropes you in because you always think you can do better than you did, and before you know it you've done 30 minutes with it.  I usually do it after my run just to cool down a bit.

My buddy/business partner just called me to plan our workout schedule for hockey season. Looks like it's getting serious again.

I lost 20 lbs in about a month and a half (while adding a lot of muscle with the plan and steroids) with him towards the end of last year. I also was drinking and was conscious about diet, but still ate bad. Hope to do a lot better since I want to juice as well.....the veg juice that is a trend.

I decided after the holidays that I wouldn't weigh myself ever again or go on another diet, but I would make a permanent lifestyle change.

Since January 1, 2013, I have no idea how much weight I've lost. But what I do know is making the commitment to look and feel better through hitting the gym, running on the treadmill at home, doing daily pushups/situps and eating better (less carbs), I feel great and look a lot younger, fitter too. 

Awesome dude. You were looking sexable in Phoenix

Two...of ...hearts (two hearts that beat as one)

Adam, my girlfriend did some Groupon or Living Social bootcamp and they ran it out of the Victoria Gardens shopping mall parking structure. Pretty gnar.

Bottom line gents, just do cock push ups and drink sugar free Shasta.

I love sugar free shasta because it comes in a 5 liter bottle

• 2 weeks later...

Down about 15 pounds since I started keeping track, off to a good start.  The motivation is definitely here now, seeing the results and feeling the clothes getting looser.  Good times.

Started hitting the gym pretty hard 2 weeks ago(5 days a week + 1 day I have a softball game). I've discovered my strengths and weaknesses in my body that hopefully some can help out.

I tend to struggle finding a good tricep workout. I try the one where you lift the dumb bell from behind your head and find that one a bit difficult(lifting about 15 lbs, may need to go lower). The machine tricep press is okay, but would like to check out some other techniques you guys have found most effective.

Getting better with dumb bell curls/presses, Bar bell deadlifts/rows, and squats. Still getting used to bench presses.

Planks are a bitch.

I've found the most effective tri exercise to be the pulley machine with the rope attachment.

Pull down with rope in each hand like a normal pull down, but towards the bottom spread your hands farther apart. This really works the inside and stabilizers.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/triceps-pushdown-rope-attachment

I really don't do much else outside of tri curls.

And for planks, to add variation, just hold push up position with your feet on a medicine ball.

That's what I do, B.  But be careful.  I think that exercise helped to give me a pinched nerve and back spasm.  I got ahead of myself and added too much weight when I was in one of those good work-out 'conquer the world' moods.

I've found the most effective tri exercise to be the pulley machine with the rope attachment.

Pull down with rope in each hand like a normal pull down, but towards the bottom spread your hands farther apart. This really works the inside and stabilizers.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/triceps-pushdown-rope-attachment

I really don't do much else outside of tri curls.

And for planks, to add variation, just hold push up position with your feet on a medicine ball.

Started hitting the gym pretty hard 2 weeks ago(5 days a week + 1 day I have a softball game). I've discovered my strengths and weaknesses in my body that hopefully some can help out.

I tend to struggle finding a good tricep workout. I try the one where you lift the dumb bell from behind your head and find that one a bit difficult(lifting about 15 lbs, may need to go lower). The machine tricep press is okay, but would like to check out some other techniques you guys have found most effective.

Getting better with dumb bell curls/presses, Bar bell deadlifts/rows, and squats. Still getting used to bench presses.

Planks are a bitch.

Dips and close grip bench are both great chest/tri combos. Best advice I have for tris is to vary what you do to build all three heads of the muscle.