• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Just got my supps in the mail. BCAAs, green tea extract, multi vitamin, fish oil, creatine and protein powder.

Making my first push towards real weight gain. I've been skinny as hell my entire life, I'm currently 6 feet tall and weigh 140 pounds at age 25 :/ never been able to put on weight before no matter what I eat. Hoping to be at least 155-160 by July.

It's not as bad as being the fat dude.

Also, with your supps, you might want to ditch the tea because it will suppress appetite. Look into a mass gainer to go with your protein. Usually you'll stack it two scoops with your protein. Eat proteins like crazy too. And just lift heavier....healthy and progressively, obviously.

Just got my supps in the mail. BCAAs, green tea extract, multi vitamin, fish oil, creatine and protein powder.

Making my first push towards real weight gain. I've been skinny as hell my entire life, I'm currently 6 feet tall and weigh 140 pounds at age 25 :/ never been able to put on weight before no matter what I eat. Hoping to be at least 155-160 by July.

You sound like me. I'm the same age/height and weighed 135 from high school through college, and 140 from then on up until just a couple of months ago. I've always had one hell of an appetite, but I've also been pretty active (run & swim a decent amount) and my weight never seemed to change that much.

A few months back I made 155-160 my goal weight and really cranked it up a notch. It's easier said than done, but really you just have to shovel ridiculous amounts of (GOOD) food down your throat and have a strict, varied work out plan. You're probably like I was and think you eat a lot (which I did and don't doubt you do too), but I promise you can eat more and eat smarter (some supps are ok, but you will need more good foods too).

As far as the gym goes, make sure you're not just doing the same thing every day. Not only will your body prefer the variety, but it will keep you mentally motivated as well. I've been doing a lot of body weight exercises in addition to lifting. I still run 5-6 days a week; one of those days is sprints, one is a long run, and the rest are medium distances at varying paces. Weekends I swim 1-2 miles. All the cardio makes it hard to pack on weight, but it's been really good for keeping off bad weight.

After about two months I'm only a few lbs shy of hitting that goal weight consistently. 15 lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but the difference is significantly noticeable. I've had several people who had no idea of my goals come up to me noticing the change. Keep after it, you'll get there.

I haven't had shin problems from running (knock on wood) but did have calf problems the last time I trained for a marathon.  I put on some of the weight I lost a few years ago and it's mostly diet related as I still work out 5-6 days a week but sitting in front of a computer for 9+ hours a day during the week doesn't help my cause or metabolism.  Training for the OC half marathon on May 5th and now that I've signed up for it I'm actually looking forward to it and don't mind running as much.  Dropped a few pounds the last few weeks but still want to lose another 10-12. 

i can help you guys build - what are your diet and lifting routines now?

I wouldn't worry about supplements too much off the bat - they are pointless if your routine is not in place. 

You can build lean mass via lifting and without supplements but you can't build lean mass via supplements and without lifting. 

a few primary things:

1) it wont happen over night, you have to have a long window here, so start small and get the form locked down. there are lots of little stabilizer muscles you have to train, without those you cant train the bigger ones 

2) you will eventually need to lift heavy (with proper form) but don't ignore the value of proper rest/recovery (this is when protein synthesis happens, ie muscle building, not when you're lifting)

3) aim for real, natural foods (and lots of it) 

4) stick to stacey q on the headphones and as much neon as you can wear

I am at 155 and need to lose 10-15.  Now that the shoulder is as healed as it is going to get I have gotten back to it.  Spend 30 minutes doing "super sets" three times a week with sit ups and jumping jacks between sets to keep my heart rate up.  Worked really well for me before I injured the shoulder.  Also jog 4-5 times a week with the dog.  I should get down to 140 in 2-3 months.  I am not in a huge hurry.

I'm down 130 LBs, with 25-35 more to go. Been stalled for a few months. Having a baby at home and wanting to spend evenings with him has kept me from the gym. I'm back on track though. I want to be at my goal weight by June 20. That would mark two years since changing my lifestyle.

You need to be acknowledged for this.  Congratulations.  That's a huge weight loss in any time frame.  Keep up the good work, Adam!

Two...of ...hearts (two hearts that beat as one)

Adam, my girlfriend did some Groupon or Living Social bootcamp and they ran it out of the Victoria Gardens shopping mall parking structure. Pretty gnar.

Bottom line gents, just do cock push ups and drink sugar free Shasta.

I decided after the holidays that I wouldn't weigh myself ever again or go on another diet, but I would make a permanent lifestyle change.

Since January 1, 2013, I have no idea how much weight I've lost. But what I do know is making the commitment to look and feel better through hitting the gym, running on the treadmill at home, doing daily pushups/situps and eating better (less carbs), I feel great and look a lot younger, fitter too. 

When my wife had the baby she lost all of the baby weight due to her nursing and is back to 110 lbs. Me on the other hand kept all of the baby weight and am suffering because of it. I need to lose 20 lbs to feel normal. I have started eating better but have not been able to be as active as I want to be. Change is a comin'.