• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

your weight is going to naturally fluctuate, especially with the amount of water you are ingesting. i never focus on the scale and focus on how my clothes fit, knowing the water weight is going to go up and down.

definitely be on the look out for "healthy" foods. people don't realize that if big corporations want to make quinoa and buckwheat taste good they need to throw a ton of sugar and other chemicals in the food to make it edible or something that people will buy. i generally eat 5-6 times a day, so i might not be the best here because some of the snacks i eat may have the same hidden sugars....i'm cognizant about it though and shoot for the lowest sugar content without tasting like cardboard. it's all about balance. but yeah, there is so much sugar and sodium in "healthy" food. people are seriously better off trying to make their own snacks and meals, which is something i've been trying to get into.

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I usually put strawberries and blueberries in my oatmeal and have an apple or some mango in my mid-morning snack. After that it's maybe just some pineapple in my salad.

yeah, if i do fruit it's also usually in the morning and the same. i like throwing the berries in greek yogurt or rarely oatmeal. i wish i could eat more, but noticed when i naturally control my blood sugar levels (completely came across this by accident when i was cutting sugars and carbs) that the amount of energy i had was off the charts. i was even cutting out coffee and just drinking water.

Tank and I had lunch two weeks ago and the change is very noticable. Before his surgery we met with Adam over at BJ's in Anaheim and he was having difficulty sitting or standing for any lengths of time.

We spent over three hours talking at Souplantation between sitting and standing and he had no problems. His dieting restraint in an all you can scarf restaurant was admirable and I need to get back to that level of paying attention to volume and calories going in. 

Congrats Tank, on getting to the half way point. I need to get my butt in gear or you will make it to 225 before I do.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:18 PM, calscuf said:

I've made joking references to this before but honestly I ate a fairly strict vegan (plant based, limited processed foods) diet for about 10 weeks from the beginning of September to middle of November and I did not exercise at all and I dropped about 25 pounds (240 to 215, I'm 6'2).  I also cut out all craft beer and any snacking after dinner.  I still drank Miller Lite as I pleased.  I didn't count calories or limit portion size.

I felt great physically and my pooping was always a giant log at 8 am, once a day.

I've tried to drop pounds by exercising a ton but still eating my usual diet and not much happened.

Diet is the key.  And this Vegan diet was easy, but be prepared to lose any life satisfaction from food.  It was a bit depressing.

You were gayer than Cez for a while

I am currently around 185 lbs (6 ft tall) and I am the heaviest I have ever been and don't feel healthy. I am long and lanky, the weight is in by belly. I feel like 160 is where I should be.

When I opened the theater two years ago I was literally in rehearsal Monday-Wednesday and in shows Thursday-Sunday, building the sets, going to production meetings, marketing meetings, meetings with the city during the day and on and on. I was teaching 4 different acting classes. I was still keeping up with as many of my family duties as I could. 2 kids a wife and a dog take a lot of time.  Something had to give and that was riding bikes, climbing and eating semi healthy. It was replaced with stress and eating shitty food while driving from class to the theater or from the theater  to the house at 12:30 in the morning (Thanks Strad)

I realized I can't live like that, so I am trying to start over, but it sucks to have gained the weight and lost the fitness.

My work load lightens starting next week, so hopefully I can get some dog walking and bike rides in. I might get a fixed gear bike to get a better workout in in a shorter amount of time.

I can't stand the gym. so I ordered this http://monkiibars.com so I can take it outside and to the theater. 

My son has taken up skateboarding so he and I go out and ride around, not a great workout, but its outside and it is at least moving.

Now I have to work on my diet. I might add vitamins too. I love burgers, pizza and burritos.

That would be great except all of the shows I do are Unscripted. We are the only theater in Orange County and one of a handful in all of So. Cal that do full runs of completely improvised full length plays.We just did 16 unscripted shows in the style of Hallmark Christmas Movies (only way more fun). So I could get away with a gym once and the next night it might be set in an office and the next night at the Inlaws etc.

The fact that I am at the theater so much is one of the reasons I ordered the Monkii Bars. I can just keep them in my bag and set them up in the dressing room.

Dude, Three Bros and a Wieght Set, this is easily a non scripted hit. You can swap turns spotting each other while acting as though the audience is other people in the gym. Get into arguments with the audience about protien powders and reps then ignore them and go back to your routines. 

Get MrWicked for your technical consultant.

I am down 7.5 pounds in less than 2 weeks. But I can tell my body has radically changed with respect to food needs. Whereas at the beginning of the diet a 2,000 calorie day meant I was starving the entire day, now the hunger has subsided and I don't feel the need to eat as much. I am sure this means it will be harder to drop the pounds. 

On 1/14/2017 at 8:40 AM, wopphil said:

I am down 7.5 pounds in less than 2 weeks. But I can tell my body has radically changed with respect to food needs. Whereas at the beginning of the diet a 2,000 calorie day meant I was starving the entire day, now the hunger has subsided and I don't feel the need to eat as much. I am sure this means it will be harder to drop the pounds. 

Ha! Me too.

Stepped on the scale today for official weigh in. Came in at 208.8 - almost three pounds higher than Friday. I am definitely a bit disappointed with this number, though I of course understand water weight fluctuation plays a huge role.

So over two full weeks, I am down 4.8. Not great considering these are the first two weeks of the diet, when losses are generally most rapid, but enough to see slight progress. It's clearly going to take me a full 10 weeks to get anywhere close to my goal weight.

Daily wieght recordings are like the stock market, not to be trusted. You are not day trading fat, you play it for long term. Keep investing in your routine and at worst your losses are slow but you have at least curtailed the gains. 

I went on an eating binge for the holidays for multiple bad reasons, now I have to break all of those salt, fats, sugar addictions all over again. That is probably the hardest part, not scaling down meals but pushing away those cravings for food flavors that are tied to wieght gain and substitute those with less calorie intensive alternatives. So much of our diet these days is comprised of those things that make us fat and trigger the brain to keep repeating those mistakes. 

So you are fighting addictions more than calories. I haven't found a long term solution, the moment I slip up I'm back on the salty sugar/fat crack road to expanded waisteline. 

And 4.8 pounds in two weeks is excellent. Don't kid yourself.

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

Daily wieght recordings are like the stock market, not to be trusted. You are not day trading fat, you play it for long term. Keep investing in your routine and at worst your losses are slow but you have at least curtailed the gains. 

I went on an eating binge for the holidays for multiple bad reasons, now I have to break all of those salt, fats, sugar addictions all over again. That is probably the hardest part, not scaling down meals but pushing away those cravings for food flavors that are tied to wieght gain and substitute those with less calorie intensive alternatives. So much of our diet these days is comprised of those things that make us fat and trigger the brain to keep repeating those mistakes. 

So you are fighting addictions more than calories. I haven't found a long term solution, the moment I slip up I'm back on the salty sugar/fat crack road to expanded waisteline. 

And 4.8 pounds in two weeks is excellent. Don't kid yourself.

yeah. but you can view it like the stock market - expect day to day volatility, but aim for weighted trend lines. plot the average of previous 10 days and you'll see trends. 

8 hours ago, wopphil said:

Stepped on the scale today for official weigh in. Came in at 208.8 - almost three pounds higher than Friday. I am definitely a bit disappointed with this number, though I of course understand water weight fluctuation plays a huge role.

So over two full weeks, I am down 4.8. Not great considering these are the first two weeks of the diet, when losses are generally most rapid, but enough to see slight progress. It's clearly going to take me a full 10 weeks to get anywhere close to my goal weight.

Lets grab some flame broiler later this week

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

yeah. but you can view it like the stock market - expect day to day volatility, but aim for weighted trend lines. plot the average of previous 10 days and you'll see trends. 

You could but like Phil, most people get caught in the trap that the number you see is somehow immediately relevant to the long term goal and when it goes south you end up depressed. 

And you know the cure for depression  is a healthy slice of double chocolate cake with whipped cream.  

was going to do that whole 30 dealio today since someone mentioned it and i pretty much eat that way anyway except the dairy, grains, and beans. went to the store yesterday and it was a zoo. not to mention the more i thought about doing shit like make my own ketchup....no thanks.

however, i want to be healthier so i'm doing a half-assed version of it. no booze, grains, dairy, etc. but i'm not going full bore where i eliminate 100% of certain items....for instance, i made paleo meatballs, brussel sprouts in paleo butter (so far so good and legit whole 90), but i threw some pasta sauce on the meatballs so they would be all dried out as leftovers.....there is sugar in pasta sauce so i technically cheated. same with putting sriracha on hard-boiled eggs.

so i spent a lot of yesterday cooking sans the million pics of food for instagram and making paleo items (like eggs, ground turkey, diced jalapeño, cumin, and red pepper....actually pretty good). let's see how far this goes.

we'll see where this goes. last time i did something similar i lost 20 lbs in 2-3 weeks, but now i am consuming even less sugar hidden in things like greek yogurt or some health items i'd snack on. potatoes were on the list, so i guess i'll probably have a tad bit more carbs than i did last time when i throw them in the mix.

On 1/23/2017 at 6:47 PM, Lawrence said:

Lost 10 lbs. since the new year. Celebrating with some In N Out. 

That is great.

I am down 9.0 since January 2 - from 213.6 to 204.6. About half way to goal. My shoot for the moon goal is 20 pounds, but I'd be stoked with 17-18. I had hoped to drop it in 8-10 weeks, and it looks like that might be achievable.

On 1/26/2015 at 10:45 PM, cezero said:

i've decided to go ana(?)

here are some of the quotes i live by:

-When you start to feel weak and dizzy, you're almost there.

-A flat stomach is nice, but a concave one is perfect.

-Eat as much as you want, just don't swallow it.

-Don't eat. If you want to see food, look at your thighs.

-Have you ever seen a person NOT notice a walking skeleton?

-It's always better to fade away into nothingness than to have a cheeseburger clog your arteries.

-I want to walk in the snow and leave no footprints.

-Remind yourself!!!!:    "If I eat anything, I'll eat everything, so I eat nothing."

-Nothing can't be fixed with hunger and weight loss.

-Every time you say "No thank you." to food, you say "Yes please" to thin.

-Starving is not pain, it's the cure.

-Starving is an excellent example of will power.

-Everything I want is buried under a layer of fat.

-Food is a hindrance to your progress.

missing a letter in first line?

Many of those quotes will give you an eating disorder.