• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

42 minutes ago, Adam said:

They have other challenges too where you split a pot with the other participants in the challenge that achieve the goal. 

I have a new wieght loss program I'm start on the 28th which should have some success. It's called being unable to get to the fridge for more food.

It's pretty simple, on the 28th I go in for surgery on my right ankle for a debridement and that puts it in a boot for twelve weeks, the first eight non wieght bearing. 

I will be using crutches to hit the bathroom and then back to the bed or couch. No going up and down stairs, no raiding the cupboards or fridge. 

Edited by Blarg

13 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Eh, doing it for the girls anyway

I'm fine at my current body fat but I also realize this is the one window in my life I have to be really shredded looking since it's my last year of college and I have minimal responsibility and a ton of time to spend in the gym

Just talk to them and pretend to listen to them. You'll be fine.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:33 PM, Adam said:

Salt dude. You need to eat a lot of salt. Sea salt. 

I'm just using hot sauce on everything. 

Yeah, that's what I read. People keeping things like chicken broth with them or anything high in sodium. I have high blood pressure so I lay off salt and have been reluctant to add it in. Plus, I take potassium pills as part of my daily supps to counteract sodium for the blood pressure aspect.....but it's probably doing a shitload worse when eating healthy.

I'll meal prep tomorrow for the week and ditch the potassium and add sodium items.

I did notice I had to have some carb or sugar based item, which was generally some kind of sauce or limited fruit to offset the nausea. I'll add more salt this week and probably just bring along chicken broth.

It's a trip how regular your system gets, the energy, and mainly how less bloated one gets. I also added a bunch of green juice from that My Cuppa Juice place on El Toro (I like Growl at the Orange Circle better, but their growlers of juice are $56 whereas at Cuppa it's like $17) and you notice a huge difference in skin, nails, and hair improvement.

Wopphil: I hope your back/neck issues are better. I had pretty much the same thing. If you haven't done so already, I highly highly recommend going to a sports oriented physical therapist. Mine saved my sanity.

The poster ABC was spot on. All of what he wrote will help you tremendously, but I would def. see a professional to make sure you're doing the right rehab exercises. It's a process which will take weeks/months, but it will work. Then it's maintenance and I promise you will be back to mostly normal and work out etc.

I would suggest this: Try lying on the floor with a tennis ball or a something round/hard. Place under the area you think hurts most. Gently move your body over that area and see what spots are most painful.

Then, go to youtube and look up rehabilitation exercises for that area. That will help you narrow it down. But ultimately, make an appointment with a physical therapist. The money is well well worth it.

9 hours ago, DowningRules said:

Wopphil: I hope your back/neck issues are better. I had pretty much the same thing. If you haven't done so already, I highly highly recommend going to a sports oriented physical therapist. Mine saved my sanity.

The poster ABC was spot on. All of what he wrote will help you tremendously, but I would def. see a professional to make sure you're doing the right rehab exercises. It's a process which will take weeks/months, but it will work. Then it's maintenance and I promise you will be back to mostly normal and work out etc.

I would suggest this: Try lying on the floor with a tennis ball or a something round/hard. Place under the area you think hurts most. Gently move your body over that area and see what spots are most painful.

Then, go to youtube and look up rehabilitation exercises for that area. That will help you narrow it down. But ultimately, make an appointment with a physical therapist. The money is well well worth it.

I actually got a new pillow a few weeks ago, as @arch stantonrecommended, and that has helped a lot. My neck isn't spasming as much. I still get deep tissue pain, usually when I work long weeks (due to too much time spent looking down), but overall I am much better. I need to get myself a foam roller. 

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Anyone ever deal with joint pain in the knee? Mine has been flaring up after playing pickup basketball. Not sure what to do about it

20 mins of ice after playing. elevate it. ibprofuen for inflammation. May be runnin low on cartilage. Could have a rip in the meniscus. I would get it looked at. I have fucked up knees. They're nothing to play around with. I had to go back to doing my cardio on the stair master and the eliptical because my right knee would swell up every time I ran and would ache for days. 

3 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Anyone ever deal with joint pain in the knee? Mine has been flaring up after playing pickup basketball. Not sure what to do about it

don't know your age but if you're over 40 it's probably your body letting you know you're not a young man anymore.

ice and ibuprofen are necessary. if you have any kind of sharp pain, get into your doctor pretty darn soon. cartilage tears, in my limited personal experience, come with a sharp pain.

because of all the excess weight i carried, my knees took a horrible beating. losing a ton of weight (178 lbs. so far) has helped immeasurably. don't know you at all, and forgive me if this doesn't apply, but perhaps your weight needs to be dealt with honestly.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

don't know your age but if you're over 40 it's probably your body letting you know you're not a young man anymore.

ice and ibuprofen are necessary. if you have any kind of sharp pain, get into your doctor pretty darn soon. cartilage tears, in my limited personal experience, come with a sharp pain.

because of all the excess weight i carried, my knees took a horrible beating. losing a ton of weight (178 lbs. so far) has helped immeasurably. don't know you at all, and forgive me if this doesn't apply, but perhaps your weight needs to be dealt with honestly.

nah no worries. I'm actually 20 and in really good shape.  I do have severely flat feet so that could be part of it. 

Appreciate the responses. I'm going to start taking ibuprofen and icing it every time

Back at it again.  Was down 39 pounds by middle of March and then life happened (plus summer, so there was increase in calories), gained back 13 pounds to sit at 224 (net loss of 26 lbs for the 12 month period).  Have lost 6 pounds since start of school year (218).  Goal still 200 lbs (50 pound loss), just gonna reach it later than I wanted to.

9 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

nah no worries. I'm actually 20 and in really good shape.  I do have severely flat feet so that could be part of it. 

Appreciate the responses. I'm going to start taking ibuprofen and icing it every time

Flat feet need to be addressed. Go to a good running store, not the mall variety, but one with a qualified person that deals with athletes.

Top Speed Running in La Verne was recommended to me by my physical therapist. They can set you up with the right shoes or even sole inserts to help.

Your feet are the first area of impact when running up and down the court so take care of them to take care of your ankles, knees and even hips.

If you play sports the wrong shoes create large medical bills. Pay for someone's knowledge in slightly higher shoe cost so you see doctors less.

Edited by Blarg

• 3 months later...

I let myself go ever since Thanksgiving. IPA's, chips and salsa, Chinese food... just ate like like a total POS for the past couple of months but it was the holidays so I didn't care. Now I'm going to step it up and go full Keto for the start of the year. My goal is to make it to St. Patrick's day without any bad carbs. I'm going to be shredded yo. 

good luck, LHalo.

i've been in a major stall the last two months, but am starting to come out of it. have lost 5.5 pounds the last two weeks and have now lost a total of 188.4 over the last 19 months. went to universal studios with my daughter last week and rode everything there without any size issues. walked all day long (12k + steps) and had no issues.