• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

I'm also a big, big fan of people who post recipes they've never ever tried that claim to be the best brownies, cinnamon rolls, or crockpot chicken wraps you've ever tasted, my natural doubt about untested recipes on the internet is pretty high, and I picture that most of these recipes are never as good as advertised. An advertising photo, done well, can make anything look good.

People who post things like "gettin dat papuh" or "makin straight cash homie" after finishing a 4 hour shift in the men's section at Dillard's. There's definitely an inverse proportion between the amount of money one actually makes and the amount of time one spends posting about the money they make on social media. 

People who constantly complain about Atlanta sports. Have had to put up with a lot of that this past week. 

People who post tons of pictures of themselves with their shirt off/wearing a teal skintight tank top/embracing other men at a club while holding a glass with something pink in it. We get it, you're gay. 

People who still make racially charged posts about the Trayvon Martin case even though it happened like 2 years ago. Saw 2 of these posts just today. 

Guys who make whiny posts about how much they miss their wives. It seems like in general the quality of a person's posts takes a significant nosedive after getting married. 

The guy who's posted about 30 messages in the last 2 days about praying for someone, without revealing in any of them what even happened or who to pray for. 

I didn't realize how much I loved bacon (and posting pictures of bacon) until my militant vegan cousin began posting her vegan propaganda 25+ times a day.

I have one of those! Also he hates Disneyland (says Disney is evil), and one day he posted a picture of one of the elephants from jungle cruise that was playing in the water and thought it was real. He wasn't happy when I told him it was a fake elephant at Disneyland.

Many of my favorites have been mentioned:

*Selfies that come a little too often.  It's one thing if you've just lost a ton of weight or got a new rack, but posting daily shots of yourself with the caption "Simply muah"! is grounds for deletion.

*Probably #1 on my list is the attention troll.  Checks in from the hospital with no explanation.  My nephew last week posted "One chapter closes and another opens".  People who know what's going on reply but no one has the common sense to elaborate.  Ultimately, I'm like the Honey Badger...and don't give a f*ck.

*I recently friended this woman I've had several classes with since returning to school.  Turns out she posts alot, and 90% of her posts are bible verses and reflections on her life since since finding Christ.  Good for her and all, but I can only take so much of anything.  Well, I suppose sex actually discredits that statement, but you catch my drift.

Peyt's mom is huge on these type.  Probably one a day:

“If you take away a person’s struggle, you take away their victory. It’s like pulling a caterpillar out of it’s cocoon before it’s time. It will never develop into a butterfly.” - Cameron C. Taylor

---

And another woman, whom I actually do like, just posted this:

It's gonna be one of THOSE days. Ugh Edited by yk9001

Life is tough in the OC, guys

"Went for a much needed pedi today. I wasn't in the mood to deal with the traffic near the usual place I go so I tried somewhere different. So disappointed. Rushed and crappy job. Won't be going there again. I guess it's true what they say. Go with what you know." 

"Went for a much needed pedi today. I wasn't in the mood to deal with the traffic near the usual place I go so I tried somewhere different. So disappointed. Rushed and crappy job. Won't be going there again. I guess it's true what they say. Go with what you know." 

It's posts like this where I wish we had some way of reaching through the computer to bitch slap the person

Spoiler dude.

There are more articles about this and most people know to stay away during big events they can't see, but the asshole that wants to update every episode of some show or movie whether anyone else on their friends list has seen the episode or not. I'll never forget some asshole from here posting a major spoiler on their FB that was on east coast time and had already saw the episode.

That said, I was surprised with people and Breaking Bad. I couldn't watch the night of the finale and avoided social media, but after watching the episode actually looked to see if there were assholes and no one dropped any specifics, just that they thought it was a great ending.

I wonder if a lot of people are simply getting accustomed to watching shows on their own time with Netflix or Hulu, so not too many are glued to the tv and have their phone turned off for a certain time.

OC housewife complaining about a pedi.  I am trying to imagine a better definition of "First World Problems" or "White People Problems" and .... nope, can't come up with one.

I love the "much needed" pedi part of that.

I don't know how you dudes do it. I looked through my feed and have none of those anymore. The worst I get now is inspirational spam person, recipe spam chick that will never make what the are posting, and a younger bartender chick that does the #gettinpaper or does the douchey thing of posting her tips, who leaves what kind of tip, or talking overly about her clients.

I don't know how you dudes do it. I looked through my feed and have none of those anymore. The worst I get now is inspirational spam person, recipe spam chick that will never make what the are posting, and a younger bartender chick that does the #gettinpaper or does the douchey thing of posting her tips, who leaves what kind of tip, or talking overly about her clients.

Alot of these chicks are wives of friends, and it just isn't worth it to delete.  So I quarantine them to "blocked" status, and then look up on my time.

If I see them on my regular feed, it annoys me.  When I look them up, on my time, its kinda fun.