• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

I spent my day trolling all the liberals on my timeline blasting republicans and rejoicing over the end of the shutdown.  It can be good entertainment.

I'm not familiar with political trolling on Facebook.  I'll need to grab a bucket of popcorn and look into that.

I did it once with a chick that had different views and was trying to spread propaganda. You got to do it subtlety like a backhander compliment to keep them enticed. I dropped about four comments, but she was so heated and must have had the alert because she would reply within a minute heated.

I was bored and it was funny.

I never took it that way because there is no dislike button. I thought of it more as lazy empathy/sympathy.

Oh, I know she wasn't actually liking the fact that his daughter was sick.  It was just awkward.  Like she was just going through and liking every post that was on her page.

I agree with what MT is saying about the political stuff. I had a sizable group of friends (about 20-25 eventually wound up in quarantine) who insisted on sharing every political article that supported their personal viewpoint with everyone on their friends list. About 95 percent of the time it was stuff I disagreed with, but even if it weren't I was getting quite enough political stuff elsewhere. I subscribed to a couple of pages during the election cycle but never shared any of them. I figured that most of my friends already know where they stand politically, and I was not going to dramatically change their political opinions by sharing an article on Facebook.

I took said people out of quarantine about a month after the election, but there was a group of four or five who could not accept the fact that their guy lost in November and they set out to share every conceivable scrap of negative information about the president, true or not. The election is over, dude. Sharing that you still believe that he is a Muslim born in Kenya or comparing him to Hitler because of the Affordable Care Act isn't going to change the outcome.

There is another friend who I had to quarantine for a completely different reason. We first became acquainted in elementary school. Even back then he liked to sing, and since I had been out of contact with him for the better part of four decades, I had no idea that he still sings. He quickly informed me, as well as everyone else on his friends list. Every day came posts of 8-10 audio files of his rendition of this song or that. He might find work playing in a bar with a small dance floor, but the recording companies aren't going to come calling. Ever. He might sound halfway decent if I were hammered to within a micron of becoming comatose, but I hope that he keeps his day job or else he will starve.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

No sooner did I post and pop back to my Facebook page when I found this. It is from a woman who was in my senior class in high school.

To all my Facebook friends
Several months ago I started out a new business with Damsel in Defense and it has been the worst decision I have made in a while
So I'm asking you my friends to help me out and order something online from me this month soI can at least recoup the investment I made in this business

I appreciate your help since no one in this company has even tried to help me.

I expected to have a mentor who would help me find places to sell this and offer to teach me where to get leads but apparently they are only in this fir themselves and to recruit people just to out a feather in their cap and money in their pockets

If you can order anything I would appreciate I here us the link

(Not sharing the link out of respect for anyone reading this).

Let me get this straight: You screwed up in a business venture. I gather that the stuff you are hawking through said venture is either not in demand, is not worth buying or there are so many people selling it that no one can make any money (Herbalife, anyone?). However, I can "help you out" by buying crap that no one wants so that you don't have to take a bath on your investment.

Welcome to life. Sometimes we make mistakes that we have to live with.

I went to the website just out of curiosity to see what it is about. It is self defense stuff marketed primarily toward women. They sell things like pepper spray and stun guns and related accessories. The website says that you can "start your own business for less than $200", although I am guessing that like most such borderline scams, they probably upsell you quickly to where the "real money" is (for them, not for you).

My wife and I learned a hard lesson from such a venture. We did considerable research before investing and everything we found said that it was a legitimate business. Apparently things had just not caught up with them legally. They were sued by the government of Canada for fraudulent misrepresentation and within six months they were out of business. The way that you made money, apparently, was to dupe people into making the same mistake that you did, then you got a commission for recruiting them once they handed the money over.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

social media + kids = showing the world they have absolutely no filter on right/wrong/appropriate

"killin' the selfie at pops funeral" may be one of the most bizarre things i've ever read.

I thank God there was no social media during my high school and college years.