• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

women who constantly post photos and/or commentary of their level of pregnant-ness or pregnancy issues.

OMG my back hurts!

OMG my tummy is getting big!

OMG only 8 months left!

OMG only 7 months, 29 days left!

OMG only 7 months, 28 days left!

OMG I have pregnancy cravings!

OMG look at this ultrasound picture of an amorphous blob!  Surprise, it's a girl!

Spare me.

How about the ones who post about their kids' bowel movements? Adam has done that.

I'm not on FB so this doesn't really annoy me but it seems that people who post pictures of their food are stupid.

Guilty! On one occasion. I made a pistachio crusted salmon with a lemon cream sauce. It looked good. 

It wasn't. 

I'm not on FB so this doesn't really annoy me but it seems that people who post pictures of their food are stupid.

Don't tell Katie that.  I don't have her on FB but she does that a lot on Twitter, lol.

I think it is fine on occasion.  I haven't run into anyone that does it too frequently.

I had a myspace page for about a month pre-facebook craze.  I realized pretty quickly that I didn't want random updates from friends or to see some massive story they posted that they thought was deep.  Even more annoying was one of them asking me what I was up to that weekend when they knew damn well and could call me if they want to do something.  To each their own but it's just not for me and the entire social media craze has grown many times over since then. 

One of my alltime fb faves.  Check out the denial and transference of blame because her perfect snowflake angel isn't doing well in school:

The school thinks there's something wrong with Peyton because he doesn't complete all his work in class (all the other kids do) and he couldn't come up with one thing he loved about me for my mother's day card (he had too many things to name just one) so he had a meltdown, and he doesn't fit into the little mold of the perfect kindergartner they want....yet, he is advanced in all his academic tests, is cute as a button (if I do say so myself) and just spent the last hour at Max's eye appt talking the woman in the eyeglass shop at Sharp Mesa Vista about life, glasses, how the instruments work, and who knows what. She said, "Oh, it was no problem, he was great...if it was some other kid, maybe, but he was fun". So, just because my little Peyts may not be the "perfect" kid that does everything the school wants, he is perfect for this Mom and will probably be a leader that does things his way and goes way beyond any of those silly teachers and administrators. So there! Thanks for allowing the vent.

---

I get over it, but then I get pissed all over again. He has his issues, short temper, etc, but he is so smart and a good kid. He just needs a little extra patience. Just because they have a huge class and no time for him, they want to stick a label on him...just makes me mad.

---

Thank you...I like that advice. It's just so hard to hear criticism about your kid, you know? I haven't had that experience until now. Max has been so "perfect" and Peyts is going to have more challenges because I can tell he's going to live life LOUDER! Which I will love about him, but it will bring more feedback, too. I've had other parents tell me that they just ignored the schools labels, also, and just went along with their business. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

---

Thanks, everyone. Love you all for your support. Just needed a mommy meltdown tonight. The school has said they don't want to "label" him in our meeting, but at the same time handed me a book with a label. I don't even want to say what it was, because it makes me cry. I've already told some of you in person, but anyway. All day kindergarten with 31 - five year olds, too smart and bored to sit there and do the same thing all day, I don't blame him for having a few meltdowns. They are working to find a good teacher for him for next year. I like the school and the staff are being supportive with what they have....just too many kids, crappy school budgets, etc. We shall see. Thanks, my friends...needed to vent and I appreciate all the words, experiences and support.!

She deleted the one where the same kid didn't want to wear his hat for the kindergarten play... and couldn't understand why the kindergarten teacher wouldn't let him express his individuality!!

Take all her batshit craziness aside... why would you announce to the world your kids' problems??

Obviously this stuff will be stored in perpetuity... he's really going to be happy seeing this in 10 years.

the whole "here's what i'm having or had for dinner" thing is as mysterious as stonehenge to me. it's like they're rubbing it in your face, but it's also weird that people want to share that info in the first place.

i have one friend who updates everyone on all the errands she runs and when she pays bills.

i have another friend who only posts weather updates. "well, big surprise, it's snowing again here in montana . . ." or "not a bad day. got all way up to 14 this afternoon."

i'm also kind of tired of seeing people who lean WAY in to take a photo. just stand up straight, doofus.

I have a friend of mine who posts EVERYTHING about her kids about 5 times a day. Even stuff that is way too much information. I remember she posted after having her second kid when her milk finally let down. DA FUQ??

i hear ya. "my kid just got his gray belt in jiu jitsu." i mean, really.