• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

Both teams were pretty beat up going into this one.  Wasn't looking good being down 14 and then losing Keenan Allen.  Phil really dug deep and Mike Williams showed why he was a early first round pick.  Great game, and something that doesn't happen too often......a Chargers W in KC!  We are still a wild card team unless Seattle can step up and put KC on a 2 game losing streak while we keep it going vs. Baltimore.

3 hours ago, nate said:

Then they miss helmet to helmet on Rivers, next play the entire chargers OL is holding and they call PI on the Chiefs.

I think the Pass Interference call was a make up for fucking up the spearing and helmet to helmet on Rivers when he was already down. The guy was definitely holding the receivers left hand but he wasn't coming down in the end zone even if he caught it. 

I think there is going to be a review of that Rivers hit and a fine is going to be dolled out. 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

I think the Pass Interference call was a make up for fucking up the spearing and helmet to helmet on Rivers when he was already down. The guy was definitely holding the receivers left hand but he wasn't coming down in the end zone even if he caught it. 

I think there is going to be a review of that Rivers hit and a fine is going to be dolled out. 

Yeah, probably.  That was a terrible missed call.

NFL refs are just so awful, there is no consistency at all with what they call.

I have watched very little football over the last two seasons, mostly due to suddenly getting custody of my daughter and not having much free time on Sundays. Last season I barely followed them at all.

This season I've been following them a bit closer but still not watching much. I turned on the Broncos game in the 4th quarter just in time to see them blow it. Last night at work I was watching the game day almost the entire game. Wow. This is not the team I've rooted for all these years. That team would have choked this game away and gone for the tie, and had a blocked extra point attempt.

I'll continue to check up during the last two games of the regular season.

1 hour ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Brandon, how was the experience at Arrowhead?  Tailgate?  Had you been there before?  I'd always heard that the Arrowhead atmosphere is one of the best in football.  Any good stories from your interactions?

I've been going back to KC ever since 2008 when my father was murdered somewhat regularly. I've been to somewhere around 8-10 Chiefs games there at Arrowhead, I think. (I'm not consistent, but generally go out there for the home opener, Thanksgiving and catch a game as there has usually been one that same weekend, and important one off games like the one on Thursday). I also have gone to about three MU/KU games when they used to do the Border War game at Arrowhead the day after Thanksgiving (they haven't done it ever since MU went to the SEC).

It's weird to explain because just about everyone in my family has season seats and I have an uncle that's a prominent lawyer out there that their law firm has a bunch of seats together for the law firm, so there is always a ticket and I'm always there with my family. So it's weird in the fact that it's just normal to me by now. I have a cousin that has a legit Chiefs van that he crafted and just bought a Wonder Bread type box truck that he has started to convert as a tailgate party mobile. Tailgating out there is just as important as the game. So the food and meal prep is always on point and they have a sound system, etc. They are known there and always park in the same spot and get the same big ass crew of people to party.

The experience on Thursday was much the same, but there was a playoff vibe. Going into the game the predicted rain so I came prepared, but it held off and was probably around 35-40 degrees throughout the game to where I just wore a thermal, sweater, and t-shirt. I've seen the Chiefs/Chargers a ton. I think I've seen them three times at Arrowhead and also three times when they were in San Diego....I would have gone to the season opener in LA this year but had serious dental work done the Friday before.

The atmosphere in general is nuts and always almost all red. They just get excited and the Chiefs are a big deal out there. They change all the water fountains in the city to red water spouts, the news anchors always wear red or a Chiefs tie on newscasts going into games, and they do a "Red Friday" before games where literally everyone in the city wears red. But everyone is cool, unlike out here. I haven't seen issues with fights or fighting with away team fans. I'm sure it happens, but I haven't witnessed it.

As far as any good stories from being there, nothing too crazy:

- I've been there for one game when it was snowing, but it was a MU/KU game.....cool to experience once. We always see the snow games on tv and wonder what it's like to be apart of....it wasn't overly cold, so it was cool to say I did one of those games.

- I was at the game where the stadium broke the noise record for loudest stadium.

- We played the Bills one year (we got smashed something like 59-10) and it was so cold and the windchill brought it down to single digits. Only time in my life I have ever asked another grown man to wear his gloves. Being from CA I didn't pack appropriately and didn't know what I was in for....also why I went shopping before the game to have more than needed if it rained last Thursday. Probably the coldest climate I've ever been in.

- I was at the game many years ago at Arrowhead where it was tied and Rivers was leading them into field goal range to kick the game winner, but he literally dropped the hike with about 10 seconds left and the Chiefs recovered to go to OT. I think the Chargers won in OT and it may have been the last game Rivers won there before last Thursday.

- I was there for the Monday Night Football and season opener in 2009 (I think that's the correct year) against the Chargers. We won 21-7, but what I remember most is that it rained cats and dogs. Never seen anything like that or had been apart of something like that. It was early September so it was humid and warm to where we all got drenched, but it was like being in a jacuzzi the water was so warm. This same game was cool and unique because a rarity happened this day. Both Arrowhead and Kauffman are literally next to each other and we did an all day party thing they offered for the occasion. Both the Chiefs and Royals played that day, but they set it up where if you went to both you parked in a special section so that you could tailgate before the Royals/A's game, attend the baseball game, go back out after to tailgate before the Chiefs game, then attend the Chiefs game. Pretty cool and unique double feature.

Here are some pics from the game. My uncle's law firm has some pretty cool seats about nine rows back on the 40 behind the Chiefs bench. They also retired Tony Gonzales' number that night. I took the tailgate one as soon as we got there so it looks empty (they always go right when the gates open about five hours before the game starts or whatever they allow there).

Definitely worth the trip just for the experience. It really is one of a kind.

chiefs1.jpg

tonyg1.jpg

chiefs2.jpg

tailgate.jpg

Man, Ravens D is for real.  I think they got away with some holding/PI penalties that killed drives and swung momentum hear and there.  That offensive PI on Keenan Allen in the 1st quarter as we were driving took away a key 3rd down conversion was a killer.  KA compounded that by complaining to the ref through the ensuing snap and failing to get set.  Another penalty and going away with no points.  I think Baltimore wins the AFC North and we get a 1st round rematch.  Looking forward to it!

Ravens are really good on D and at running the ball.

But the Chargers lost their golden opp to host throughout the AFC playoffs by losing.   Chiefs and Texans both losing would have pretty much clinched it for the Chargers, if they had beaten the Ravens.  Only would have needed a win over a poor Raiders team then.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:10 AM, Angel Oracle said:

My mistake, although Denver hasn’t been that good either.

But with the Chiefs playing the Raiders, congrats to them on HFA throughout the AFC playoffs.

Winnable game, but the Chiefs haven’t been the same since the Kareem Hunt incident. Still score a ton and his loss hasn’t affected much other than the overall vibe and chemistry.

Plus, I don’t trust the Chiefs when they need to win and the Raiders could easily come out with nothing to lose and plays balls to the wall.