• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Putting together a solid staff with HC Jim Harbaugh and GM Joe Hortiz from the Ravens.  Can't wait for the draft and see them not fuck it up.

Who do you like in the first round? Assuming MHJ will be off the board.

I love the glory muscles...so grabbing a Nabers, Odunze or Bowers, but wonder if this is the year to trade back and get a few extra picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.  If we moved back into the low 20's, we could draft linemen (O or D), CB, edge; less exciting but might be more prudent in the long run.  If Herbert has more time, could exploit an opposing D with a speedy later WR like Tank Dell from last years draft.  With an additional 2nd rounder, maybe steal Ladd McConkey from Georgia.

If we could do a bundle of trade-backs, say to Atlanta from #5 to #8, then from #8 to #14 with Saints, then to #20 with Pitt, we could procure a minimum of one additional pick in the 2nd, maybe 2 in the third.  I'd be super stoked if we could build up the offensive line with tackle Taliese Fuaga in the 1st and center Jackson Powers-Johnson at #37 in the second.  Then, with an additional second from Atlanta, take WR McConkey.  With the 3 thirds, you can potentially grab a RB (J. Brooks, Braelen Allen, Estime), IDL, LB, CBs.  Ideally, we come out of the 4th round with 7 or 8 new guys to add to the squad that the new regime can coach up.

I think there are 12-14 guys in the early part of round 1 that teams might consider moving up for.  Lots of guys at 5 obviously, 2 WRs, a TE, probably all the OT's (Alt, Fashanu, etc), CBs (Kool Aid, Arnold, maybe Mitchell if he keeps rising), the edges start getting traction in the early double digits (Turner, Latu) too.  And that doesn't even build in if one of the coveted QB's fall OR if someone really falls in love with Daniels or McCarthy.  Of course we could use any/all of these guys minus the QBs, but we need quantity as much as quality and could really get some bang for the buck sliding back and collecting later picks.

• 1 month later...

As a Broncos fan I won’t miss him because he tore them up. Damn good WR just felt like he was regularly getting the questionable tag but still managed to play. Definitely a cap casualty for the chargers but it’s the right move given his age. I’d have to think they’re looking at a WR or Bowers in rd 1 next month as they should have their pick of anyone besides Harrison at 5. That said they’re in a prime spot to move back and add some picks if there’s a QB run as most mocks are predicting. 

I like this move for the bears adding a veteran WR to pair with Moore and Kmet presumably for Caleb Williams. Then they still have the 9th pick which every mock to date had them taking a WR. Could move back and add more picks still coming away with another player in the first round that fills a need. 

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

As a Broncos fan I won’t miss him because he tore them up. Damn good WR just felt like he was regularly getting the questionable tag but still managed to play. Definitely a cap casualty for the chargers but it’s the right move given his age. I’d have to think they’re looking at a WR or Bowers in rd 1 next month as they should have their pick of anyone besides Harrison at 5. That said they’re in a prime spot to move back and add some picks if there’s a QB run as most mocks are predicting. 

They are going to draft Nabers. Honestly if they would have done the correct thing and drafted Flowers last year this would hit different. It would still suck to lose Allen but at least they would have a young wr1-wr2. Now they will just have Nabers and a hope that Johnston some how learns to catch with his hands. 

I wouldn't say they lost Ekeler as he was an easy cap cut after he couldn't stay on the field last season and he'll be 29 in a few months which is old for an NFL RB.  They may not be able to replace prime Ekeler production but RB's are now a position a lot of teams look to fill in the draft or with a younger back on the roster especially when they don't have much cap money.   

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2024 at 8:48 PM, St1ck said:

They are going to draft Nabers. Honestly if they would have done the correct thing and drafted Flowers last year this would hit different. It would still suck to lose Allen but at least they would have a young wr1-wr2. Now they will just have Nabers and a hope that Johnston some how learns to catch with his hands. 

They opted to address the trenches. Have to imagine their next pick is a WR. 

28 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They opted to address the trenches. Have to imagine their next pick is a WR. 

I sure fucking hope so. Herbert has no one to throw the ball to. Maybe Johnston learned how to catch a ball in the off-season?

On 2/3/2024 at 12:43 PM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I love the glory muscles...so grabbing a Nabers, Odunze or Bowers, but wonder if this is the year to trade back and get a few extra picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.  If we moved back into the low 20's, we could draft linemen (O or D), CB, edge; less exciting but might be more prudent in the long run.  If Herbert has more time, could exploit an opposing D with a speedy later WR like Tank Dell from last years draft.  With an additional 2nd rounder, maybe steal Ladd McConkey from Georgia.

This looks good in retrospect.  Throw enough shit at the wall and something is bound to stick.  Hahah!