• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

1 hour ago, Lou said:

If they tie they're both in.

someone on the rams tv broadcast talked outloud about the possibility of both teams just simply taking a knee on every single play, ending the game in a tie, and both teams survive to play another week. as a paying fan, i wouldn't be too happy about this, but it's certainly an intriguing notion.

Just now, Tank said:

someone on the rams tv broadcast talked outloud about the possibility of both teams just simply taking a knee on every single play, ending the game in a tie, and both teams survive to play another week. as a paying fan, i wouldn't be too happy about this, but it's certainly an intriguing notion.

that would have been

AWESOME!

You cannot lose a punt inside your own 20.  You cannot go for it on 4th inside your own 20.  The PI on Kenneth Murray in the 2nd quarter may have been the most atrocious coverage I've ever seen.  You cannot give up a first down on a draw play when it's 3rd and 23.  You cannot give up 35 and hope to win, and you cannot give up the 3rd most points on the year and expect to be successful or playoff bound.

Gotta get some run stuffers along that D-line, another pass rusher to help Bosa, and a consistent RT, maybe a burner WR to take advantage of Herbie's rocket arm and stretch the field.

On 2/22/2013 at 2:04 PM, Glen said:

I'm actually out of "complain" mode with them and into "wait and see" mode now.  I like how the offseason is going so far.  Now they need some o-line help.

@Glen how is that working out for you?

One of these days glen is going to log back in and find 150 notifications waiting for him. 

• 1 month later...

I think they went too big early and now have a lot of holes that still need fixing.

RT and RG are probably the worst in the NFL right now and the FA market and draft are not good at that position. Hopefully, they sign someone but there are a lot of teams that need a RT and there aren't many options. I like the Austin Johnson signing, but I'd rather have Justin Jones and Morgan Moses than him and any of the remaining RT options. 

I wonder what the status of Oday Aboushi's rehab is?  Maybe they are in contact with him and that is the plan.  And there is the guard they drafted last year, Brendan Jaimes from Nebraska.  And this years draft.  I wouldn't mind them dropping back in the 1st round to obtain a second to replace the one they sent to Chicago.  1st-WR, 2nd- OT, 3rd-OG?

I'd also add that they went in and targeted the exact guys they wanted to fix specific issues.  They still have money to spend and now are just waiting on deal similar to last years Aboushi, Feiler signings.  Players of value are still getting cut.

On 3/17/2022 at 2:38 PM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I wonder what the status of Oday Aboushi's rehab is?  Maybe they are in contact with him and that is the plan.  And there is the guard they drafted last year, Brendan Jaimes from Nebraska.  And this years draft.  I wouldn't mind them dropping back in the 1st round to obtain a second to replace the one they sent to Chicago.  1st-WR, 2nd- OT, 3rd-OG?

I'd also add that they went in and targeted the exact guys they wanted to fix specific issues.  They still have money to spend and now are just waiting on deal similar to last years Aboushi, Feiler signings.  Players of value are still getting cut.

I'm not panicking yet. You are correct that there is still time and some money, but I'm getting a little worried. Popper has them at about $8 million left in spending space and they currently have no starter at RT and RG. I know we want signings similar to Feiler, but he signed for a $7 million AAV. That's almost all our remaining cap space. Additionally, tackles are generally more expensive than guards and there are usually a lot more and of higher quality than tackles. There are some guys I have my eye on, Turner, Reiff and Kelly, but I don't think either will be Feiler level. Finally, there are a lot of teams that need a RT right now (Denver and Oakland in our division for example).

I also don't think there is a capable starter after the top 3. I'm sure one guy will break through, but there are 10 guys who will have the chance and if you guess wrong you are stuck with a terrible situation. 

I would like to trade down, too. We'll see if that happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...