• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

On 11/9/2020 at 4:48 AM, eaterfan said:

Chevy me if I'm wrong, but the Giants weren't in victory formation. I thought today one was boneheaded because they should have been in victory formation but chose to go with a straight running play.

Not sure what a lot of this means, but I think I get it.

Ironically, this is the reason they created the victory formation. It wasn't a normal custom back then based on a documentary I saw on HBO or some ESPN thing.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:36 AM, arch stanton said:

Yeah the Giants were trying to run a basic fullback dive play to Csonka but Pisarcik muffed the handoff and the ball hit the ground and Edwards picked it up in stride and ran it in. Cost Ray Malavasi his job

Malavasi was already coaching the Rams by then, after they fired George Allen two exhibition games into his Rams return.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 6:36 AM, arch stanton said:

Yeah the Giants were trying to run a basic fullback dive play to Csonka but Pisarcik muffed the handoff and the ball hit the ground and Edwards picked it up in stride and ran it in. Cost Ray Malavasi his job

Ray was the Rams Head Coach.  John McVay was the Giants Head Coach.

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Jets were 4 seconds from their first win. 

And it didn’t even require an alley oop pass into the end zone.

Blame the Jets dumb shit DC Gregg Williams calling for probably the first ever blitz in that situation, and leaving a rookie DB 1 on 1 with Ruggs.

Good news emerges, the Jets fired Williams after the game.

Hopefully, that’s it in the NFL for Mr. BountyGate.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Too much talent on the roster to be this bad.

I was reading an article about potential coaching openings and this was kind of a dream landing spot and will probably be the most coveted. Looks like a potential franchise QB, still have Keenan Allen, and they mentioned Joey Bosa as one of the best defensive players....I kind of disagree, but I do like some of the overall options on defense.

Still need a lot of work, but having a solid QB with potential is a great start. They should have a better record and be playing better than they are.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Too much talent on the roster to be this bad.

I was reading an article about potential coaching openings and this was kind of a dream landing spot and will probably be the most coveted. Looks like a potential franchise QB, still have Keenan Allen, and they mentioned Joey Bosa as one of the best defensive players....I kind of disagree, but I do like some of the overall options on defense.

Still need a lot of work, but having a solid QB with potential is a great start. They should have a better record and be playing better than they are.

Not many better facilities to play in, for sure

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what does everyone think of the new coaching hire?

I'm waiting to see how he fills out the staff, but I like it. He was my 1B choice with Daboll being 1A.

I'm a little nervous they should have gone with an offensive play caller so Herbert wouldn't need to be constantly going through OCs if they are successful, but since Staley was a college QB I think he has a pretty good grasp of offensive concepts. A best case scenario is a Belichick type who can work with his QB to explain what defenses are going to do to him and how to beat it. 

I think the two other knocks on him by most of the media are:

1) He' doesn't have enough experience and maybe in a year or two he should get his chance. But the Chargers won't have a head coach opening in a year or two so if they think he's the guy then they had to get him now.

2) He had Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey. He can't win without top talent. On the Chargers he'll have 2 of the top guys in Joey Bosa and Derwin James. If they get used properly they will be in that league. It's when the media was questioning if Phil Jackson could win with the Lakers because he could only with with MJ and Pippen. Well, he had Shaq and Kobe. He had the top talent to win. So will Staley. 

I think he's innovative and from what everyone says, is a great communicator and very detail oriented. Hopefully this is the coach to take the Chargers over the top.