• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

I like the hiring of Staley.  By all accounts he is some sort of football savant, liked by players and coaches.  I hope he has some input on roster construction and can instruct Telesco to:

1.  Fix the O-line (kick Trai Turner to the the curb; sign a couple of FA's; draft 2-3 OL);

2.  Fix the special teams (new coach there plus sign/draft a few guys who can excel here while having roles elsewhere too);

3.  Figure out what to do with Mike Williams (he'll cost too much this upcoming season, so either cut him/trade him/re-sign him at lower cost). 

Ultimately, if we can run the ball better, we'll hold on to the ball for more plays each game.  Keeps D fresher and shortens the game.  Special teams improvement forces opponent to drive further, reducing likely points allowed, and potentially improves field position for our offense.  These 2 adjustments/improvements alone should add a W or 2.

• 1 month later...

Chargers beginning the rebuild of the O-line today, signing C Corey Linsley from Green Bay.  Brian Bulaga remains under contract at RT.  Expecting a guard FA signing, and then a tackle and guard in the draft.  Also, retaining young ascending CB Michael Davis is big.  Would love to see either Shaq Griffin or William Jackson III signed to the other side.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Sounds like they might be interested in Ertz.  He'd save us $4 million this season, and maybe we draft a TE to groom.  Probably no loss with Henry going to NE.

If they can get him for a 6th round pick I would say he is worth taking a chance on. 

Philly wants higher than a 6th AND Ertz will want an extention.  Don't really want either of those things, definitely not the higher pick.  I might be willing to extend him for a season to lower his overall cap hit.  I might be happy just signing Jared Cook and drafting a TE like Friermuth or Tremble, amongst others.

20 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Philly wants higher than a 6th AND Ertz will want an extention.  Don't really want either of those things, definitely not the higher pick.  I might be willing to extend him for a season to lower his overall cap hit.  I might be happy just signing Jared Cook and drafting a TE like Friermuth or Tremble, amongst others.

He said he doesn't need an extension.  

He is expensive ($8.6 million?) for a guy who is 30 and coming off an injury filled season.  I think a lot of teams are waiting for the Eagles to cut him.  Then, just add him on a 1 year prove it deal.  Even a sixth rounder could be used on a kicker to compete with Badgely.  So the options are give up a pick for an expensive, older TE at $8.6 this year while drafting a younger, cheaper option OR sign someone like Kyle Rudolph or Jared Cook for 1/2 that, and draft a younger, cheaper guy.

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Jared Cook signed for 1 year, $6 million ($4.5 guaranteed so I believe that will be the cap hit).  He has relationship with OC Lombardi and Line coach as well, Frank Smith.  Now, expect someone to be drafted to groom.

That will work I guess. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Matt Feiler from Pittsburgh.  Great signing at 3 years, $21 million.  He is solid at LG, and played well at RT.  Gives our line some flexibility should Bulaga go down with injury, or to potentially replace him after 2021.

And there it is!  Only took one game.  On the bright side, Rayshawn Slater looks like a complete stud having shut down Chase Young and Montez Sweat.  Getting potential franchise QB and LT in the past two drafts is huge!

30 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Man, Chargers got killed today in time of possession.  Dallas had the ball 29 minutes, Chargers 16.  Combined with a makeable missed FG by Chargers kicker, a clutch made game winner of 56 yards by Dallas kicker, and lousy red-zone efficiency, adds up to losing a winnable game.

Penalties on offense is what really did them in. Had two TDs overturned.