• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

Bad teams find interesting ways to lose but the Chargers have definitely made it an art.  I wasn't buying them as an elite team but they were a consensus top 8 team coming into the season and they're now 4-8 and need to find their QB of the future.  I wonder if Rivers has that same look on his face when he whines at home like he does on the field.  

5 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Bad teams find interesting ways to lose but the Chargers have definitely made it an art.  I wasn't buying them as an elite team but they were a consensus top 8 team coming into the season and they're now 4-8 and need to find their QB of the future.  I wonder if Rivers has that same look on his face when he whines at home like he does on the field.  

I was talking about this with a buddy last night that's a Chargers fan. I don't know the website, but they aggregated all of the predictions and the consensus was Chargers v. Eagles in the Super Bowl. Ouch.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:16 AM, st1ckboy said:

The Chargers have. +3 point differential, but an 4-8 record. Fun

The only team with a losing record to have a positive point differential.  I'd love to get Tua, but we absolutely need to get better/healthier along the O-line.  Tua would be a nice pick for 2021 or 2022 and beyond to lead the Chargers.  This is a pretty talented roster so I don't see us completely tanking and sniffing a top-5 pick anytime soon, so take the shot on Tua falling due to injury.  Got to spend a 2nd and/or 3rd on O-line prospects, though.  Dip into FA for a pass protecting tackle and let Melvin Gordon go.  Someone else can pay the RB, we should just draft one on the cheap.   

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

At #6, there will be alot of awesome ways to play that pick.  QB (Herbert or Tua, my pick would be Tua), Tackle (Wills, A. Thomas or Wirfs), LB (Simmons), Def Tackle (D. Brown).  Sucks to suck, but it gives us the opportunity to add great pieces.

I think they have the talent level closer to when they went 12-4, and won a road playoff game, than what dumpster fire they put up this year. I think they will bounce back next year, and having a good draft spot will help. 

I'm with you and wouldn't take him at 6.  Maybe if we traded back some I'd consider him in the teens, but I'd also probably prefer to punt QB if I couldn't grab Tua or he was a medical concern and focus on building a great O-line or adding that piece on D (Brown, Simmons) to take our D to the next level.  

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I think Herbert is completely overrated 

Possibly. In all honesty though no one seems to be very good at projecting what college quarterbacks will do well in the NFL. He does have the size, and arm strength though. Teach him to throw limp-wristed style, wear a bolo tie, and have him impregnate his wife every year, and I could just pretend it's still Rivers. 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Possibly. In all honesty though no one seems to be very good at projecting what college quarterbacks will do well in the NFL. He does have the size, and arm strength though. Teach him to throw limp-wristed style, wear a bolo tie, and have him impregnate his wife every year, and I could just pretend it's still Rivers. 

I am.