• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tear it down

Isn't it too early for this nonsense? I was hoping for a split but everyone knows the Astros are another level. Let's hope they can salvage a game and then play better against lesser teams. Lots of games left and I think this roster is capable of making a run.

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

Isn't it too early for this nonsense? I was hoping for a split but everyone knows the Astros are another level. Let's hope they can salvage a game and then play better against lesser teams. Lots of games left and I think this roster is capable of making a run.

We've been saying this for like 10 years now. The Astros could hand us our asses with Juan Pierre batting cleanup. 

10 hours ago, Torridd said:

After 7 losing seasons no it's not too early. Angels 5 back in W/C with 4 teams in front of them. The fact is Ohtani is leaving and halos need to get something for him. 

16 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That is why Arte Moreno is bad, even horrible, for this franchise.

Only cares about the revenue brought in, and not success.

He’s one of the worst MLB owners, when it comes to team success.

Oracle, i have really enoyed your post over the past two decades.  But the highlighted statement ignores reality in a capitalistic world.

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Oracle, i have really enoyed your post over the past two decades.  But the highlighted statement ignores reality in a capitalistic world.

I get where you are coming from, and revenues are important obviously.

It just seems that it’s a one track mind for Moreno, focusing on how superstars bring in revenue (some more than others) per his advertising background, while for far too long ignoring the nuts and bolts of the org (player development and scouting) that contribute a lot to on field success.

That has no doubt been a big factor in the constant losing since 2016.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I get where you are coming from, and revenues are important obviously.

It just seems that it’s a one track mind for Moreno, focusing on how superstars bring in revenue (some more than others) per his advertising background, while for far too long ignoring the nuts and bolts of the org (player development and scouting) that contribute a lot to on field success.

That has no doubt been a big factor in the constant losing since 2016.

He’s signed one super star (Albert) and one “Star” (Hamilton) and has kept Trout. Rendon and Upton don’t bring people into the stadium unless they do one thing, help the team win.  No one bitches he spent on Hunter, because he helped them win. 

12 hours ago, Torridd said:

We are have the best personal in the last ten years.  Our bottom of the order is producing.  Our pitchers have shoen to pitch better.  

All we need is:

1.  Stop beating ourselves with poor defense or mental collapses on the mound

2. 30 million dollar mehastars start producing like 30 million dollar mega stars.

Will it happen?  Maybe, maybe not.  However as a 54 year fandom, i am always optimistic so long as we have a chance.  

3.  I do agree if Ohtani is not signing an extension we should trade him.  

They certainly look pretty mediocre, as usual, but there's still a lot of baseball left. They got a good 5-6 weeks to start showing signs of a turnaround or else they need to make some hard decisions regarding Ohtani. They can't afford to lose him for just a comp pick in the offseason so a trade has to happen at the deadline if they continue hovering at or just under .500 as August nears

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He’s signed one super star (Albert) and one “Star” (Hamilton) and has kept Trout. Rendon and Upton don’t bring people into the stadium unless they do one thing, help the team win.  No one bitches he spent on Hunter, because he helped them win. 

He gambled on another superstar when he signed Vladdy. Almost every team was scared because he had missed time the previous season with back issues. Because of how hard he swung the bat, and all those years playing on that horrible hard surface in Montreal, Arte was the only one who was willing to gamble on a long-term mega-deal with no out clauses due to injury. That one definitely paid off. Probably the best move he's made as an owner. Drafting Trout was the best move made during his ownership, but I'm sure he has little, or no input in that decision.

Trade Ohtani, Renfroe, Urshella, Drury. Personally i would also trade Trout. In a couple of years his contract will look like Pujols. And nobody will take on that money down the road. Best to get out of that money now. And i would be shocked if any team would take Rendon off our hands.

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Looking at his numbers, the decline is troubling, but perhaps it's just a slow start and he'll heat up soon. He's only 31 years old. 

He’s still a very good player, but he is no longer the perennial MVP candidate that we have become accustomed to over the years. 

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

May I remind everyone that Trout has a no-trade contract. He would have to waive that before anything could be done there.

He is also about to turn 32 and has 7 years and 260 million dollars owed him after this season. 

If people want to give him away for salary relief, that is a valid opinion. I strongly disagree with it, but respect it. 

But do people think the Angels will find someone to take on that contract AND give up a bunch of good prospects, too? What exactly is the goal of trading Trout? What should the Angels do with the money they save? Try to sign a player who will give them 4-7 WAR for the next few seasons? Someone as good as.... Mike Trout? 

18 hours ago, Jason said:

If the organization is committed to building a winner then they will do this. I guess we will have to wait and see 

What would give you the idea that the Angels were committed to building a winner? They have never been committed to building a winner. The only goal has always been operational profitability.