• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

My wife and I spent the last month watching all 23 MCU movies in chronological story order. Here's how I'd rank them:

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Thor: Ragnarok

3. Avengers: Infinity War

4. Black Panther

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6. Guardians of the Galaxy

7. Doctor Strange

8. The Avengers

9. Captain Marvel

10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

11. Spider-Man: Far From Home

12. Ant-Man and the Wasp

13. Iron Man

14. Captain America: Civil War

15. Spider-Man: Homecoming

16. Thor

17. Ant-Man

18. Iron Man 3

19. Captain America: The First Avenger

20. Thor: The Dark World

21. Avengers: Age of Ultron

22. Iron Man 2

23. The Incredible Hulk

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

My wife and I spent the last month watching all 23 MCU movies in chronological story order. Here's how I'd rank them:

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Thor: Ragnarok

3. Avengers: Infinity War

4. Black Panther

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6. Guardians of the Galaxy

7. Doctor Strange

8. The Avengers

9. Captain Marvel

10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

11. Spider-Man: Far From Home

12. Ant-Man and the Wasp

13. Iron Man

14. Captain America: Civil War

15. Spider-Man: Homecoming

16. Thor

17. Ant-Man

18. Iron Man 3

19. Captain America: The First Avenger

20. Thor: The Dark World

21. Avengers: Age of Ultron

22. Iron Man 2

23. The Incredible Hulk

My ranking would differ a lot from yours, but even looking at the last movie on your list, The Incredible Hulk, was still a pretty decent movie, and probably better than Justice League. 

20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

My ranking would differ a lot from yours, but even looking at the last movie on your list, The Incredible Hulk, was still a pretty decent movie, and probably better than Justice League. 

The Incredible Hulk felt like a D.C. movie. It was dark, brooding, humorless, and had terrible dialogue. Mark Ruffalo is so much better as the Hulk.

39 minutes ago, Tank said:

We’re through S3E6 on Ozark. Pure insanity. 
Marty and his family could use a few months of just coming home, having dinner, and just watching some tv together in the evenings. No drama, no hassles, no new crisis.

Glad you stayed with it and are enjoying it. 

We were telling you it keeps going and twisting as it goes. 

Very well written show. 

33 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Glad you stayed with it and are enjoying it. 

We were telling you it keeps going and twisting as it goes. 

Very well written show. 

no doubt about it. glad i did.

this show has more twists and turns than a soap opera.

any desire i had to buy a race horse has ended, btw.

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I ended up watching the last 20 minutes of that the other day. Still good, and better than Friday Night Lights. 

It kind of holds up. I really liked this movie 20 years ago....even with the baggy jeans. Some cliche moments, but not a bad movie.

I forgot Paul Walker was the star quarterback. And Jesse Plemons was his kid brother in the movie.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It kind of holds up. I really liked this movie 20 years ago....even with the baggy jeans. Some cliche moments, but not a bad movie.

I forgot Paul Walker was the star quarterback. And Jesse Plemons was his kid brother in the movie.

You have to figure they are probably still dressing like that in west Texas anyway. 

This is sort of a gimmicky, cliched war movie with a couple of twists. First twist, is it's World War I and not World War II. For those who weren't aware, WWI is the war that came before WWII where the Germans were also the bad guys, but they weren't Nazi's yet and thus not nearly as capable movie villains. Maybe it's just me but I like a little history in my historical drama, and there isn't much here to set this movie apart from any of the myriad of WWII movies aside from the funny looking helmets everyone has.

The second twist is, it's all in one shot, but it really isn't, but it does kind of look like one (actually two). This makes for some epic visuals, courtesy of the master Rodger Deakins, but I found it a bit distracting at some points. It was definitely worth the watch but kind of a let down on the story front.

Spoiler

Also I found it funny that Rob Stark plays King Tommen's brother

Amazon:  Upload  This wasn't a great series, and it wasn't horrible.  A lot of comments about micro transactions and virtual reality and all that.  I just thought it was one note safe through the entire first season.  It kind of picked up towards the end.  It's too bad, it had potential.  Overall, wait for season 2 to see if it gets better before investing in this one.

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is sort of a gimmicky, cliched war movie with a couple of twists. First twist, is it's World War I and not World War II. For those who weren't aware, WWI is the war that came before WWII where the Germans were also the bad guys, but they weren't Nazi's yet and thus not nearly as capable movie villains. Maybe it's just me but I like a little history in my historical drama, and there isn't much here to set this movie apart from any of the myriad of WWII movies aside from the funny looking helmets everyone has.

The second twist is, it's all in one shot, but it really isn't, but it does kind of look like one (actually two). This makes for some epic visuals, courtesy of the master Rodger Deakins, but I found it a bit distracting at some points. It was definitely worth the watch but kind of a let down on the story front.

Hide contents

Also I found it funny that Rob Stark plays King Tommen's brother

I enjoyed t much more on my 2nd watch of it. The first watch in theaters I was very distracted by the 1 shot style by Deakins. Left the theater feeling the same way you just stated but I really enjoyed the story the 2nd time I watched it. 

Tried to watch an old movie - Gerry with Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. Just horrible. Possibly the most boring movie I have ever seen. Fast forwarded through most of it.

Netflix:  White Lines.   I didn't get it.  Barely got through the first episode.  Called it quits on the second.  Maybe I was too distracted and wasn't paying close enough attention.  But it didn't make sense why this series was even made.

Edited by gotbeer

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  White Lines.   I didn't get it.  Barely got through the first episode.  Called it quits on the second.  Maybe I was too distracted and wasn't paying close enough attention.  But it didn't make sense why this series was even made.

Damn, I was close to putting that one on last night.

14 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Damn, I was close to putting that one on last night.

Maybe you will have better luck with it than I did.  And the funny thing is, it's from the makers of Heist, which I love.  So maybe I was just in a non attentive mood?