• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  After Life Season 2  A really subdued British comedy dealing with life after someone dies.  Season 2 follows the same line as season 1.  It's really well done but might not be for everyone.  

Great show. S2 was so good that I went back and watched S1 again. 

Love his chats with Anne on the cemetery bench. 

Molly's Game

Jessica Chastain plays real life Olympic skier turned high-stakes poker game runner in Aaron Sorkin's directorial debut. The movie also stars Idris Elba, Kevin Costner and Michael Cera. I guess I'm just not a big fan of biopics, as, despite all the talent, the movie is fairly average. I think a lot of issues stem from actual problems Molly faced with her unwillingness to name names in her book. The movie becomes a lot more interesting with the background info that 'Player X' is rumored to be Toby McGwire and the other dude is supposedly Leonardo DiCaprio. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Molly's Game

Jessica Chastain plays real life Olympic skier turned high-stakes poker game runner in Aaron Sorkin's directorial debut. The movie also stars Idris Elba, Kevin Costner and Michael Cera. I guess I'm just not a big fan of biopics, as, despite all the talent, the movie is fairly average. I think a lot of issues stem from actual problems Molly faced with her unwillingness to name names in her book. The movie becomes a lot more interesting with the background info that 'Player X' is rumored to be Toby McGwire and the other dude is supposedly Leonardo DiCaprio. 

Yeah, those of us in the poker world knew about this. They kind of Hollywood'd the real version. The poker players on 2+2 were on this from the get go.

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Validation @Lou. At least one person appreciated sharing of information about  Django Unchained being on Netflix.

The same amount of people who appreciated the fact that I was watching Ocean's 12.

Congrats.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:39 PM, Keener said:

I just finished the season.  It surprised me with some substance.  

Reveal hidden contents

Halfway through. This show is pretty genius. The characters are great, the writing is great, the dialogue is great.

The episode you mentioned was stellar and had me laughing.

I heard about it a while back because I'm a comedy fan of Andrew Santino (who rips in the show), but didn't think I would watch. But it picked up a lot of steam and praise so I checked it out and it delivers. This is a quality comedy sitcom.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I heard about it a while back because I'm a comedy fan of Andrew Santino (who rips in the show), but didn't think I would watch. But it picked up a lot of steam and praise so I checked it out and it delivers. This is a quality comedy sitcom.

Spoiler

giphy.gif.9bd5cf34b969175ad2fda930e484febe.gif

Laughed when the AW meme made it to the show.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, those of us in the poker world knew about this. They kind of Hollywood'd the real version. The poker players on 2+2 were on this from the get go.

Thinking more about the movie, the most compelling aspect of it should be the guys at the table, but without the names they are forced to make drama out of daddy issues and weak FBI investigations. Could you imagine this movie with the real actors playing themselves? 😮

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Thinking more about the movie, the most compelling aspect of it should be the guys at the table, but without the names they are forced to make drama out of daddy issues and weak FBI investigations. Could you imagine this movie with the real actors playing themselves? 😮

Ha. Yeah, you would have a real movie. Toby, Leo, Ben Affleck, Dan Bilzerian, Rick Saloman (I think he's a movie producer that has a sex tape with Paris Hilton).

The whole premise is kind of weak and not interesting for a movie.....broad puts on poker games? I knew the story a long time ago so I didn't plan on watching, but when I saw Sorkin was doing the movie and it had Stringer Bell I figured I needed to at least watch it for free on HBO or whatever.

I don't know anyone that has played in these games and there are rumors on 2+2, but I'm curious to all the players that played in these.

Steve Jobs

Guess I'm on an Aaron Sorkin run now... I've been meaning to watch this forever but just haven't. Is it just me or does Kate Winslet's accent turn on and off at various points?

I think this movie goes out of it's way to portray Steve Jobs as an irredeemable prick... as if it was decided that his reputation was too good for the type of man he really was. That may be true, I've heard he was very hard to work with but there are a lot of people who actually say nice things about him from time to time and you won't get a hint of that here. What I find more interesting was the seeming lack of insight into his success as a business man. No praise for the Apple 2, Pixar, or the iPod which were ultimately the foundations for his legend.

FYI.  A lot of HBO shows are leaving Amazon Prime.  So if you haven't, and wanted to, better get your binge on.

5/14 - Last Day to Watch is Thursday
District 9 (2009)

5/15 - Last Day to Watch is Friday
Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993)

5/15 - Free HBO - TV Series - was 4/30 - Last Day to Watch is Friday
    - ANYONE can watch these Full Series on APV in the U.S., not just Prime subscribers
Ballers (5 Seasons) (2015)
Barry (2 Seasons) (2018)
Big Little Lies (2 Seasons) (2017)
Silicon Valley (6 Seasons) (2014)
Succession (2 Seasons) (2018)

5/15 - Free HBO - Warner Bros. Movies - was 4/30 - Last Day to Watch is Friday
    - ANYONE can watch these movies on APV in the U.S., not just Prime subscribers
Arthur (1981)
Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988)
Blinded by the Light (2019)
The Bridges of Madison County (1995)
Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
Forget Paris (1995)
Happy Feet Two (2011) - animation
Isn't It Romantic (2019)
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) - animation
Midnight Special (2016)
My Dog Skip (2000)
Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase (2019)
Pan (2015)
Red Riding Hood (2011)
Smallfoot (2018) - animation
Storks (2016) - animation
Sucker Punch (2011)
Unknown (2011)

5/15 - Free HBO - Docuseries and Documentaries - was 4/30 - Last Day to Watch is Friday
    - ANYONE can watch these docs on APV in the U.S., not just Prime subscribers
The Apollo (2019)
The Case Against Adnan Syed (2019) (1 Season) (4 Parts)
Elvis Presley: The Searcher - Part 2 (2018) (1 Season) - only Part 2
I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth vs. Michelle Carter (2019) (1 Season) (2 Parts)
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley (2019)
Jane Fonda in Five Acts (2018)
McMillion$ (2020) (1 Season) (6 Parts)
True Justice: Bryan Stevenson's Fight for Equality (2020)
United Skates (2019)
We Are the Dream: The Kids of the MLK Oakland Oratorical Fest (2020)

5/19
Adam Resurrected (2008) - NEW!
Sex and the City (1998) (6 Seasons) - HBO - NEW!

5/20
The rest of the HBO movies and TV shows on Prime. - NEW!
See the HBO page in the blog header.

April's Daughter (2017) - NEW!
Banshee (2013) [Cinemax] (4 Seasons) - NEW!
Strike Back (2011) [Cinemax] (7 Seasons) - Seasons 1-3 on Prime - NEW!

5/20 - HBO - Free for a Limited Time - TV Series - was 4/30
    - The following Series on Amazon Prime Video are ONLY available to Prime subscribers
Six Feet Under (5 Seasons) (2001)
The Sopranos (6 Seasons) (1999)
True Blood (7 Seasons) (2008)
Veep (7 Seasons) (2012) - only Seasons 1-2 on Prime
The Wire (5 Seasons) (2002)

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

@Lou

Started Bordertown the new season. 

Kari under huge pressure from the beginning. 

Reveal hidden contents

I have it on my list, but I'm in the middle of a few shows so I have to wait a bit to watch it. 

Netflix:  Hollywood  I'm not really a fan of revisionist history, but this one was pretty good.  It's more of a what would have happened if you whitey's weren't so racist and homophobic back in the 40's and 50's.  They blend real life people with fictional characters, and diverge in timelines when Roc Hudson starts his career.  It's a bit too optimistic of a series, with everything happening too well, especially the last few episodes.  But overall it was a pretty good series.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:59 AM, Keener said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Laughed when the AW meme made it to the show.

Finished it. Funny show.

Spoiler

When he shit on the hike. I literally lost it and can't believe they showed it like they did.

Really good show. I think someone or FX came out and said it was their most watched new show or best ratings since Atlanta.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Finished it. Funny show.

Hide contents

When he shit on the hike. I literally lost it and can't believe they showed it like they did.

Really good show. I think someone or FX came out and said it was their most watched new show or best ratings since Atlanta.

Agree.  They definitely pushed a few boundaries.   I was definitely entertained.

My 17 year old is the one who recorded the season.  I was watching one morning,  my 10 year old walked in. I paused it.  "Not appropriate,  bud".  He's like "Oh.  What the heck are you watching that has Lil Dicky?"  Losing battle sometimes.  

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

A Chrome extension called Scener, which already supported simultaneous streaming with Netflix, announced this week that it now also supports shared streaming for HBO Now and HBO Go customers as well. 

Doh!