• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:   Waco  A docuseries about the Branch Dividians at Waco.  If you ever wanted to hate the feds, this is the series to watch.  Holy crap what a fuck up of biblical proportions.  Another good docuseries from Netflix.

the guy who used to cut my hair joined the branch dividians for a while. he quit when david koresh showed up and took over. Koresh spent some time one saturday at an adventist church in glendale. i was there that day but didn't see him, but man, people were buzzing about "some guy upstairs who is claiming he's a prophet." 

21 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hide contents

Del and the mexican mafia were such over the top villains in season one... so were the Snells. In season 2 the Mexicans are far more cold and rational than strictly evil, the inclusion of Hellen facilitates this well. The Snells seemed a lot more human this time around as well. The growth of the kids and of Wendy especially has been a real highlight. I look forward to starting the third season soon.

I'm really having a hard time figuring out who would think of this as a spoiler... I'm waiting for someone to say damn I got spoiled for Ozark,

Spoiler

I heard that Wendy was going to show some growth as a character in season two. 

The problem with putting everything in a spoiler tag is that eventually no one expects to see real spoilers when they expand the spoiler contents

Spoiler

Snap kills Dumbledoor

Spoiler

Kevin Spacy's character is Kaiser Sose

Spoiler

Darth Vader is Luke's dad

Spoiler

angelinkc is really cals

2 hours ago, Tank said:

the guy who used to cut my hair joined the branch dividians for a while. he quit when david koresh showed up and took over. Koresh spent some time one saturday at an adventist church in glendale. i was there that day but didn't see him, but man, people were buzzing about "some guy upstairs who is claiming he's a prophet." 

Spoiler Alert!

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Den of Thieves on Netflix.  Enjoyable flick and watching it I felt like whoever wrote the script was drawing on Heat and The Usual Suspects.

I liked this flick and it’s up my alley. Heat meets The Town.

Good news is I think everyone is signed up to do a sequel. 

6 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I haven't seen The Town I'll have to check it out. 

It’s basically an updated and Boston version of Heat. Ben Affleck, Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, Rebecca Hall, Blake Lively, among others.

Just a really solid flick if you liked Heat and Aden of Thieves or really any heist type movie.

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Den of Thieves on Netflix.  Enjoyable flick and watching it I felt like whoever wrote the script was drawing on Heat and The Usual Suspects.

Definitly drawing on Heat.  Took away from the movie a bit, because that was what I was expecting.  Some things didn't make sense though.  But it was a fun movie.  

Netflix:  Extraction  Pretty much a shoot em up movie similar to the John Wick series.  About a team/Chris Hemsworth rescuing a kid and then the shit hitting the fan during extraction.  Pretty much a time killer shoot em up with a basic story.  

Blinded by the Light

8 / 10

I watched this on HBO.  Interesting story about a Pakistani kid in England and his introduction to Bruce Springsteen's music.  The universal theme of being an outcast.

I really liked how they showed the lyrics as part of the scenery,  similar to Baby Driver.

If you like Springsteen, this one is worth a look.  And if you're not a fan you might change your mind.

Edited by Slegnaac

13 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Blinded by the Light

8 / 10

I watched this on HBO.  Interesting story about a Pakistani kid in England and his introduction to Bruce Springsteen's music.  The universal theme of being an outcast.

I really liked how they showed the lyrics as part of the scenery,  similar to Baby Driver.

If you like Springsteen, this one is worth a look.  And if you're not a fan you might change your mind.

Saw it in theaters last Summer.  What I found strange was that there wasn’t a single mention of Tunnel Of Love since it takes place in fall of 1987 when it came out.

7 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Den of Thieves

Long movie. Predictable and writers took a lot of liberties.

Overall worth watching. 

Saw that on Showtime months ago.  Borrows heavily from Heat.  Eric Braden’s appearance caught me by surprise.  Used to him being a soap opera actor and not seeing him in a theatrical movie.

Speaking of Showtime, watching Penny Dreadful City Of Angels.  Nice to see Nathan Lane cast against type as a world weary detective.

Started Dave on FX through Hulu. Starts out with a bang and is pretty funny so far.

Wasn't planning on watching because TV sitcom shows are too basic and vanilla for me, but this is pretty solid so far. I know FX is a little different as a network, but I can't believe what they can get away with language wise. 

21 hours ago, Tank said:

We have binge watched The Outer Banks with my daughter last night and this afternoon. This is more for the teen crowd. Interesting, mildly.

Banged a chick in Luxembourg from North Carolina. She mentioned the Outer Banks. 

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Was hoping to catch it in time. And I did. I have enough self worth to get through the day now. Thanks. I know it was your plan all along.

You were damn quick. 

Kudos. 

yes, it was done on purpose. It's all part of my newfound benevolence.