• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  Curb your enthusiasm Season 1-6  Finally got around to watching this.  A comedy, heavy on the Jewish angle and Seinfeld connection.  It was good for a few seasons.  But got pretty repetitious and the main character got a bit stale and annoying after a while.  Overall, I don't think this is a good series to binge.  But would probably be a good series if you could space out the episodes.  

This is one of the worst takes I've ever read on AngelsWin.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You really think it was that good?  To each their own.  But you can only take so many Jew jokes, and how many ways can you fuck it up before it gets repetitive and tiresome.  If you want a synopsis of every single episode.  It's he does something.  Then does some stupid things in the middle, with a lot of times the initial something being stupid.  Then it comes back to bite him in the end.  Rinse and repeat.  Over and over.  Every episode.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  Bosch Season 6  I concur with everyone else.  Another great season.  Only one season left unfortunately.  

Definitely another solid season. I only have 2 episodes left to watch.

NFL draft tonight, tomorrow night and all day Saturday.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You really think it was that good?  To each their own.  But you can only take so many Jew jokes, and how many ways can you fuck it up before it gets repetitive and tiresome.  If you want a synopsis of every single episode.  It's he does something.  Then does some stupid things in the middle, with a lot of times the initial something being stupid.  Then it comes back to bite him in the end.  Rinse and repeat.  Over and over.  Every episode.

I'm going to agree with both of you here. The first 5-6 seasons were great, and Larry David is a comedy genius, but it did get stale after awhile. I gave up after the first episode after the Seinfeld reunion season. The episode had a deli guy getting mad because he took too many napkins, and that was it for me.

This happens with pretty much every sitcom though. It's hard to reinvent yourself, so they just find a way of telling the same jokes differently. Unless of course you have a stud like Patrick Duffy on the show, than the comedy just writes itself.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:57 PM, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  Curb your enthusiasm Season 1-6  Finally got around to watching this.  A comedy, heavy on the Jewish angle and Seinfeld connection.  It was good for a few seasons.  But got pretty repetitious and the main character got a bit stale and annoying after a while.  Overall, I don't think this is a good series to binge.  But would probably be a good series if you could space out the episodes.  

You are my enemy now

Just finished watching the entire The Expanse series on Amazon.   I  thought it was very well done.  Lots of interesting characters.  Season 4 started slow for me, to the point where I almost stopped.  Fortunately I continued and it ended pretty strong.

Hopefully season 5 will continue to hold my interest when it comes out.

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

Just finished watching the entire The Expanse series on Amazon.   I  thought it was very well done.  Lots of interesting characters.  Season 4 started slow for me, to the point where I almost stopped.  Fortunately I continued and it ended pretty strong.

Read the books! I agree S4 is the weakest of the bunch, but S5 is going to be incredible

3 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Season 4 was not as good as 1-3.

Stayed with it because of getting familiar with the characters. Hopefully S5 is better.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, Tank said:

keep watching. 

there's just one thing after another.

and i heard ruth say a full sentence without dropping an F bomb (not lying).

I love it when she says (trivial S3 spoiler)

Spoiler

What are ya gonna do, kill me? Ya fuckin’ bitch-wolf.

@Lou 

I want to bing the newest season of Ozark today. I thought about doing what you did. Did you find watching the previous season finale to be helpful?

It's one of those weird shows that has so much that builds up that I don't know if I'll miss much by jumping back in or if it's worth re-watching the previous finale.