• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

About to finish Ozark Season 3.  All of these shows you guys are throwing around sound interesting.  Which would you suggest I start next between:  Better Call Saul (loved BB), Fouda, Cardinal (is it at all like Bosch? or more like The Killing/The Fall?), Billions, Medici, The Last Kingdom?

22 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

About to finish Ozark Season 3.  All of these shows you guys are throwing around sound interesting.  Which would you suggest I start next between:  Better Call Saul (loved BB), Fouda, Cardinal (is it at all like Bosch? or more like The Killing/The Fall?), Billions, Medici, The Last Kingdom?

All good shows. 

Can't go wrong watching either of them.

Cardinal is intense and graphic just a heads up. 

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

arent you glad you didn't give up on it?

yep. we watched 5 episodes yesterday. sunday has become our default binge day since there aren't any sports to watch.

and i hope i never meet darla snell in person.

50 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

The Last Kingdom. Wait until next year to watch BCS so you won’t have to wait for S6.

Billions is great too, one of my favorites.

19 minutes ago, Tim69 said:

Amazon, but you need to subscribe to Showtime through Amazon. I used to do that for a few years, but now I get showtime for free with my Spotify account.

Wait? How does this work? I have Spotify and have a free Hulu account, but didn't know you could do Showtime, Please share the wealth.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Wait? How does this work? I have Spotify and have a free Hulu account, but didn't know you could do Showtime, Please share the wealth.

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/

Navigate to "Services." I believe they give you a free Hulu account too, but I'm using the Student's premium tier using my sister's school email address.

Edited by Tim69

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

It looks like I can watch Billions on Amazon without signing up for Showtime.

After I finish a couple of shows I'm watching I'll let you know.

I found that some of the time it's a bait and switch.  They will let you watch like season 1, but make you subscribe after that.  What I usually do is go to the last season, and see if it's a pay/subscribe.  And if it is, see if the second season before that is a pay subscribe.   Sometimes it's only the current season that's on the pay tier.  

For Billions, only season 1 is on prime.  The rest of the seasons you have to subscribe.

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I found that some of the time it's a bait and switch.  They will let you watch like season 1, but make you subscribe after that.  What I usually do is go to the last season, and see if it's a pay/subscribe.  And if it is, see if the second season before that is a pay subscribe.   Sometimes it's only the current season that's on the pay tier.  

For Billions, only season 1 is on prime.  The rest of the seasons you have to subscribe.

Thanks for the info.

I don't like the way they charge extra for shows. 

I guess I'll find out. 

Finished Season 2 of Ozark last night.

I liked this season a lot better than the first. There are a lot more believable problems faced by the family and the villains are far less cartoony. 

Spoiler

Del and the mexican mafia were such over the top villains in season one... so were the Snells. In season 2 the Mexicans are far more cold and rational than strictly evil, the inclusion of Hellen facilitates this well. The Snells seemed a lot more human this time around as well. The growth of the kids and of Wendy especially has been a real highlight. I look forward to starting the third season soon.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Finished Season 2 of Ozark last night.

I liked this season a lot better than the first. There are a lot more believable problems faced by the family and the villains are far less cartoony. 

Spoiler

Del and the mexican mafia were such over the top villains in season one... so were the Snells. In season 2 the Mexicans are far more cold and rational than strictly evil, the inclusion of Hellen facilitates this well. The Snells seemed a lot more human this time around as well. The growth of the kids and of Wendy especially has been a real highlight. I look forward to starting the third season soon.

S3 is strong also.

Blarg might get on you about using the spoiler tag.

Netflix:   Waco  A docuseries about the Branch Dividians at Waco.  If you ever wanted to hate the feds, this is the series to watch.  Holy crap what a fuck up of biblical proportions.  Another good docuseries from Netflix.