• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Syfy:  Battlestar Galactica  Overall, it's aged pretty well over the years.  I think with the political climate over the last few years, it's not as in your face as when it first came out.  Things I noticed though.

Spoiler

Knowing who the cylons are.  It was interesting in the first season seeing some of the cylons as extras in the background.  

And looking at every episode consecutively, and all in a row.  Laura Rosalin was a horrible president.  She constantly was make the wrong decisions, most of the time making decisions on her own.  And never admitting when she was wrong, shrugging the person who was right off.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You don't want to be a criminal in Spain.  And make sure you watch Britain.  The first episode for that one was probably the best.

I've seen Britain.  Which is actually United Kingdom. 

It was very good. 

Edited by Redondo

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Syfy:  Battlestar Galactica  Overall, it's aged pretty well over the years.  I think with the political climate over the last few years, it's not as in your face as when it first came out.  Things I noticed though.

Hide contents

Knowing who the cylons are.  It was interesting in the first season seeing some of the cylons as extras in the background.  

And looking at every episode consecutively, and all in a row.  Laura Rosalin was a horrible president.  She constantly was make the wrong decisions, most of the time making decisions on her own.  And never admitting when she was wrong, shrugging the person who was right off.  

Not sure if it's the political climate so much as the landscape of television. When it first came out I remember thinking about how often the show would kill off characters, but then a show like Game of Thrones comes on and makes BSG feel safe. 

There were a ton of gusty moves in the show that I've seen other shows do since.

Spoiler

The single shot one year jump forward is one of the highlights of the series, and I don't think I'd ever seen anything like it before (it was copied in Mr. Robot). Duala's suicide is another big moment which has been done again more recently. Sharon's rape and the executions of Gaeta and Zarrick were pretty heavy too, very much harbingers of shows to come. Of course the aforementioned Saul Tigh sending Duck in to suicide bomb the police academy graduation had people boycotting the series... not sure we'd see that reaction today.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not sure if it's the political climate so much as the landscape of television. When it first came out I remember thinking about how often the show would kill off characters, but then a show like Game of Thrones comes on and makes BSG feel safe. 

There were a ton of gusty moves in the show that I've seen other shows do since.

Hide contents

The single shot one year jump forward is one of the highlights of the series, and I don't think I'd ever seen anything like it before (it was copied in Mr. Robot). Duala's suicide is another big moment which has been done again more recently. Sharon's rape and the executions of Gaeta and Zarrick were pretty heavy too, very much harbingers of shows to come. Of course the aforementioned Saul Tigh sending Duck in to suicide bomb the police academy graduation had people boycotting the series... not sure we'd see that reaction today.

Yeah, I think you are right.  Some of the topics it approached were pretty heavy.  I'm hoping the new series by Esmail coming out is going to continue to push the envelope.  

27 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm watching the new season of The Curse of Oak Island

These guys are determined.

They have spent a lot of money and keep going in different directions with new leads. My wife watches that show. 

On 4/10/2020 at 5:29 PM, Lou said:

Finally got around to watching Tiger King.

What a fucking dumbass show.

I was on the fence because it just looks like something I wouldn’t be into, but this is the deciding factor. 

Not watching it now. 

Just started Billions a couple days ago. Digging Giamatti and Siff's performances. Damian Lewis is good too, but I always think of him as Dick Winters from Band of Brothers, and it's kinda hard to believe him in other roles sometimes.

3 hours ago, Don said:

Just started Billions a couple days ago. Digging Giamatti and Siff's performances. Damian Lewis is good too, but I always think of him as Dick Winters from Band of Brothers, and it's kinda hard to believe him in other roles sometimes.

You'll dig it. I have kept waiting for the show to drop off and it's done a bang up job of continuing and throwing in the twists. You're in for a ride.

Amazon:  Tales from the Loop  There are comparisons to Netflix's Black Mirror, but I really don't see it.  It's really not that similar or comparable at all.  The setting of this show is more of a Stranger Things type in the 70's or 80's.  But the loop is a scientific area 51 type thing.  So only certain things are techy and sci fi.  And where Black Mirror is more like Twilight Zone and each episode is different but there is some 6 degrees of bacon tying them together.  The first season of the Loop, minus one episode, revolves around one family, which revolves around the loop.  Overall, I thought it was a really good first season.  It wasn't too over the top or too ambitious, I'd say almost like it was a very ambitious network show.  They really seemed to want to focus on the story, and the big picture.  It's worth a watch.  

Just now, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Money Heist Part 4  A really good bank robbery series from Spain.  Part 4 keeps getting better than the previous parts.  Good thing about this, is it's a continuation.  So it's not over after the first parts.  I'd even think @Lou would like this one.  

You are correct!

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Money Heist Part 4  A really good bank robbery series from Spain.  Part 4 keeps getting better than the previous parts.  Good thing about this, is it's a continuation.  So it's not over after the first parts.  I'd even think @Lou would like this one.  

This is on my to do list

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

We are about 4 episodes in to the first part (season?).  I am digging it so far.  It did take me a little while to not be distracted by the mouths being disconnected from the dialog, as we are watching in english.