• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

4 hours ago, Tank said:

We’re going to finish watching Ozark today. Any recommendations for what to watch next? Thinking about The Wire but looking for other options.

Have you watched Bosch?? The dynamic of him and his daughter might appeal to you...and its a damn good show . We are on season 6 now. 

Billions is well worth investing some time into as well.

9 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Have you watched Bosch?? The dynamic of him and his daughter might appeal to you...and its a damn good show . We are on season 6 now. 

Billions is well worth investing some time into as well.

Billions wants me to pay to watch. Not doing that.

Bosch is an excellent show.

46 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How do you like it?

I added it to my list a long time ago but haven't pulled the trigger. What would you compare it to?

Watered down version of the Shield.

Good show worth watching. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

How do you like it?

I added it to my list a long time ago but haven't pulled the trigger. What would you compare it to?

One of my favorite tv viewing memories was going to visit my buddy at his new place in DTLA. We walked past a park on the way to this bar and I pointed out 'they found a body here in this park last night.' He's was surprised, had no idea. I tell him, 'yeah, it was on Southland. Dead homeless lady right in that gazebo right there.'

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Billions wants me to pay to watch. Not doing that.

Bosch is an excellent show.

Bosch is a good show, but there was an episode in season 2 where they were jumping between two storylines too frequently.  Seemed like they were switching every couple of minutes. 

WACO

The dramatized version of that time the ATF and FBI murdered 76 American citizens. Sure this version of events is clearly one sided, but it's hard to come away from this with anything less than anger. We can never know what truly transpired at the end of the siege but what is clear is that huge mistakes were made, and an overzealous government ultimately contributed to so many unnecessary deaths. 

Reading more about the aftermath, and the way the FBI/ATF circled the wagons, lied, hid or destroyed evidence it's hard to give them any benefit of the doubt here. 

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

Great show. Looking forward to another season. 

us too. saw something online that said the show hasn't officially been picked up for a 4th season. would seem to be a formality at this point.

we started watching house of cards this afternoon. got through 5 episodes. interesting, and i think it'll be good. 

over the years i've thought about how interesting it would be to be a member of congress. a show like this reminds me that i'm not cut-throat enough nor am i savvy enough to keep pace with those who are in power. i'd also have to run against adam schiff since i'm in his district.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

us too. saw something online that said the show hasn't officially been picked up for a 4th season. would seem to be a formality at this point.

we started watching house of cards this afternoon. got through 5 episodes. interesting, and i think it'll be good. 

over the years i've thought about how interesting it would be to be a member of congress. a show like this reminds me that i'm not cut-throat enough nor am i savvy enough to keep pace with those who are in power. i'd also have to run against adam schiff since i'm in his district.

Are you just getting started on House of Cards?

Great show.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Are you just getting started on House of Cards?

Great show.

yep, just starting. have heard about it for several but haven't had a (hijacked) netflix account until recently, plus we now have time to watch.

allegedly.

Amazon Prime Video: Classic Albums - Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedoes 

One hour look back at the making of Damn the Torpedoes.  This was recorded prior to Tom's passing so lots of screen time with him.  It is interesting to hear the stories of how this great album came together.  

On 5/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, Lou said:

I still enjoyed it. I was fascinated by how MJ motivated himself and his teammates. Also the way they handled Rodman, and more. I could carr less about the Horace Grant stuff...

I also like the first 30 for 30 on Lance Armstrong  

Edited by True Grich

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Just watch the first two seasons and move on to something else.

Kind of this. I thought the first two seasons were just too good that it was always going to be hard to replicate.

The first two seasons were some of the best written seasons of any show I’ve ever seen.

I never watched the final season after the whole Kevin Spacey debacle with touching boys.