• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thoughts on Money Heist?

Was told this is worth it and on my tablet to view.

I'm a little weirded out as I know the first season or 2 are in Spanish with subtitles, but I think a new season came out and the trailer on Netflix is in English. So I don't get it.

But was told this is a great series and worth the watch.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The ratings weren't good was the premise of the comment.

David Simon talks pretty openly about how the show didn't do good but became a cult classic.

It didn't.

It just means that I'm smarter than anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

It didn't.

It just means that I'm smarter than anyone else. 

Ahead of the curve.

I was younger and doing shit like dating and what not back then. I somewhat remember The Sopranos being the first show where people were like, "Don't call or page me, The Sopranos are on at 8, so don't bug me"

I'm a little bit younger than you, is that true for that time?

Outside of that I remember my mom telling everyone to shut the fuck up because 21 Jump Street was coming.

I got turned on to The Wire after season three. Caught up on all of it and actually watched seasons four and five as they came out. Got one of my roommates at the time into it too. We had a ton of review/prediction talks during those last two seasons, and that made it way more fun. I’m still very proud of my predictions regarding Slim Charles.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Aside from the Loot train sequence I haven't found much reason to re-watch season 7 either. It was the first season I didn't pick up on bluRay the first chance I could... I got it on sale right before season 8 aired. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to purchasing season 8...

To me season 8 was just freaking lazy. Season 7 may not have been the best, but it still didn’t hit “screw it, let’s just wrap this up” mode like season 8.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I started, but stopped because it's been a while since I watched the show. I kind of want to do a rewatch and then add this in after.

I could tell the tone was like it might be in tune and do it justice. Is that fair?

Not sure what to expect, but I really liked some of the show recaps I would read after things like Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

It’s good mainly because it goes episode by episode. That makes it easy to follow. I’ve started re-watching with the podcast. I think the main draw for me is listening to it as a mid-30s white dude listening to similarly aged black people that grew up knowing a lot of people like the characters in the show (not my inference, they talk about real-life similarities all the time). Completely changes my perspective from the early-20s white dude that knew like a handful of black people when I originally watched it.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Was told this is worth it and on my tablet to view.

I'm a little weirded out as I know the first season or 2 are in Spanish with subtitles, but I think a new season came out and the trailer on Netflix is in English. So I don't get it.

But was told this is a great series and worth the watch.

The entire thing is in English on Netflix.

Star Wars marathon in timeline order:  Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, Solo, Rogue One, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, 8 episodes The Mandolorian, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and wrapping up with The Rise of Skywalker tonight/tomorrow.

Mandolorian is awesome.  Alien characters and special effects look awesome, storyline is fun.  Original 3 movies (eps 4-6) are hard to watch at times.  Light saber dueling is laughable between Vader and Obi Wan in episode 4 when you have just watched their epic fight at the end of episode 3.  Same thing with the Vader who is tossing people around and sabering everyone in the corridor chasing the plans at the end of Rogue One to the one we get at the beginning of A New Hope.  The continuity was off.  The other thing that was noticeable was how Leia aged.  She seems really young in NH, but immediately feels 10 years older in TESB.  Fast forward to Force Awakens and she talks strangely.  Maybe too much botox or meth, I don't know.

Netflix:  Trial by Media  A documentary with each episode dealing with a specific court case that was covered or was a result of the media.  There were all pretty good, I think there were 4 in total.  Good series for real crime folks.

A Portrait of a Lady On Fire

The French must be born with cinema in their blood. It seems like every time I watch a French film I come away impressed with the composition of the shots, the stage direction, the camera movements, the music... all those little things that make seemingly small moments into something memorable. That is obviously the case with this film, a victorian era lesbian love story about a woman arranged to be married off to a man she has never met, and a painter, tasked with producing her portrait in secret. It is every bit as well crafted as one would expect from a film about creating art and painting. 

Also I think it's interesting that the last two movies I've watched have leaned on the audience's knowledge of Greek tragedy for a deeper understanding of the film's themes.

On May 21, 2020 at 2:36 PM, True Grich said:

I watched all ten episodes of ESPN's "The Last Dance" about the Bulls' dynasty.  I don't follow the NBA any more, but this was an incredible and fascinating look at Michael Jordan and the Bulls.  It was full of interesting, inspiring and thought provoking material.  I highly recommend it.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/23/michael-jordan-accused-of-even-more-lies-in-last-dance/amp/