• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I had some time to kill on Saturday morning so I decided to check out the new Dredd movie. I'm a big fan of the original in all of its campy glory. Rob Schneider and a family of cannibal cyborgs, come on. The new one was a lot darker and kinda stressful at parts. Overall it was decent. No one beats Sly at saying "I am the law !"

I liked how they didn't do a rehash of Judge Dredd, like most remake movies seem to like to do.  

I tried to watch the new Dredd but the fact that it was made to be a 3D movie had me turning it off about 10 minutes in.  In the last few weeks I've watched The Iceman and the remake of The Great Gatsby.  The Iceman was pretty good and it was interesting to see who had bit parts in it like Franco and Evans.  I've heard the tapes with the guy the movie was based off of are pretty brutal and I may look them up on youtube some day. 

I really had no intention of ever watching The Great Gatsby remake because quite frankly I hated the book back in HS but my better half wanted to see it.  All in all though I enjoyed it particularly the visuals.  One thing neither of us cared for was the lead actress as she didn't really seem to pull the part off or have any chemistry with DiCaprio. 

well, the ending to under the dome was a huge dud. the story just simply stopped - nothing was resolved. the dome is still there only it's foggy inside now, and they stopped just as they were about to hang someone. an extremely unsatisfying conclusion to what had been an intriguing summer show.

so now we're left wondering, as we were in episode one, where the dome came from and why it's there. we have no new answers to the mystery.

idiots.

well, the ending to under the dome was a huge dud. the story just simply stopped - nothing was resolved. the dome is still there only it's foggy inside now, and they stopped just as they were about to hang someone. an extremely unsatisfying conclusion to what had been an intriguing summer show.

so now we're left wondering, as we were in episode one, where the dome came from and why it's there. we have no new answers to the mystery.

idiots.

I started watching this when I thought it was a mini-series, but when I heard there was a second season I stopped watching it - just in time to be unhurt by the Time Warner/CBS feud. I had a feeling something like what you described would happen.

I tried to watch the new Dredd but the fact that it was made to be a 3D movie had me turning it off about 10 minutes in.  In the last few weeks I've watched The Iceman and the remake of The Great Gatsby.  The Iceman was pretty good and it was interesting to see who had bit parts in it like Franco and Evans.  I've heard the tapes with the guy the movie was based off of are pretty brutal and I may look them up on youtube some day. 

I really had no intention of ever watching The Great Gatsby remake because quite frankly I hated the book back in HS but my better half wanted to see it.  All in all though I enjoyed it particularly the visuals.  One thing neither of us cared for was the lead actress as she didn't really seem to pull the part off or have any chemistry with DiCaprio.

The Iceman interviews are really freaky. It was an HBO documentary. I watched the movie over the weekend and it was really good but not as good as the documentary.

we've been watching reruns of Castle all summer. got hooked very quickly and have watched almost every episode. in fact, the girl who plays his daughter has been attending our church for the summer. still shows up every week with her mom. very nice ladies who are very approachable and normal. no air or pretense around them at all.

looking forward to the season premier tonight.

Total Recall was on whatever movie channel was free.  It was on, so I watched it.  I don't know how it ended, but if you are going to make a remake, don't copy word for word the original.  I think some of the scenery was different.  Hell, the story might have been different.  But it seemed like they were copying the original, then putting their own spin in parts to make it their own.

In other words.  If Percy still commented in the When will you see threads, he would be dead on.  Heck, it was so long ago, that he probably did comment on it.  

Total Recall was on whatever movie channel was free.  It was on, so I watched it.  I don't know how it ended, but if you are going to make a remake, don't copy word for word the original.  I think some of the scenery was different.  Hell, the story might have been different.  But it seemed like they were copying the original, then putting their own spin in parts to make it their own.

In other words.  If Percy still commented in the When will you see threads, he would be dead on.  Heck, it was so long ago, that he probably did comment on it.  

I definitely agree. Besides some different fight scenes (the elevator scene was probably the best thing about the movie), everything was copied. The original was so much better than this remake. Colin Farrell had the deer-in-the-headlights look pretty much the whole movie.

Arnold over Colin heavily

Sharon over Kate

Rachel over Jessica heavily

No Michael Ironside - terrible

Cox over Cranston heavily