• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I keep telling myself I should post more often in here.  These are the movies I've seen recently.

Gravity 6/10 - Shiny CG set pieces strung together with little plot or back-story. It heavily relies on Murphy's law just to keep the story moving.  It is a thrill ride, but left me empty when it was over.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 4/10 - If you have seen the first two, this is more of the same.

The Boys from Brazil 3/10 - Hitler Clones!  Hitler Clones!!!  /rolls eyes

The Andromeda Strain 8/10 - A slow burn, perhaps even tedious at times.  Yet, I was never bored. 

Tucker & Dale vs Evil 8/10 - I put this off thinking I would hate it.  I was wrong.  Great twist to the "cabin in the woods" type movies.

Room 237 2/10 - Documentary about The Shining.  There were a few points that I found interesting, but for the most part it was bad.  Really REALLY bad.

Dredd 9/10 - One of the better action movies I've seen in some time.  It is no Blade Runner, but they created a world that I would love to see more of.

Sexy Beast 6/10 - Ben Kingsley is amazing in this.  The rest of the movie is very meh. 

Curse of Chucky

So nice to see a current horror movie use actual makeup effects instead of *just* CGI crap like most horror these days.  Be sure to stay until the credits are over for an extra scene that will please fans of the series.

I've read a bunch of good reviews for this one.  They brought back the original director/writer for this one.  I might watch it this weekend.

The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete-10/10

Amazing film about two kids in Brooklyn who are forced to fend for themselves when Mister's mom is taken into custody. 

12 Years a Slave-10/10

This one will be getting a ton of nominations. Brutal film to watch but some amazing acting. The actor who plays Solomon Northup should win an oscar for his performance. For those that don't know this story, he is a black free man who is a musician and ends up in captivity in Louisiana as a slave. 

My wife was telling me she accidentally found a show about building tree houses. Said they were incredible, but she doesn't remember the time or the channel.

Anyone know about this show?

Treehouse Masters. I think it's on Animal Planet. It's one of those shows that I will stop and watch when flipping through channels.