• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

on the total recall front - hank from BB is the guy w/ the messed up face in the last resort bar.

I had no idea, and I went to verify it on IMDB.  I also had no idea that dude has been in so much.  Granted, I haven't seen much of what he's been in.

The Internship - 6/10

Enjoyable enough movie. Just not really funny. It has a few moments that are kind of funny, but it's mostly just paint by numbers. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn do the same characters (with different names) from Wedding Crashers set in a different environment. Will Ferrell is funny, but he's only in it for about 5 minutes. 

The Internship - 6/10

Enjoyable enough movie. Just not really funny. It has a few moments that are kind of funny, but it's mostly just paint by numbers. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn do the same characters (with different names) from Wedding Crashers set in a different environment. Will Ferrell is funny, but he's only in it for about 5 minutes. 

that was on the plane when i was coming back from hawaii last week.

only watched parts of it, but thought it was god awful. 

1/10

Deadfall - I surprisingly liked it. It got bad reviews for the most part and was in and out of the theatres like a flash.

Eric Bana was pretty good. Sissy Spacek is always good and sprinkle in parts from Treat Williams and Kris Kristofferson and the acting was pretty good. I also liked Kate Mara. Olivia Wilde was so so, but the looker in the film. Not a bad plot.

Recent stuff I've watched:

The Kings of Summer - 7.5/10

Fun coming of age movie though some of the comedy does come across as forced and rubs me the wrong way at times. And the ending did remind me a bit of Mud which was a better film.

This Is the End - 8.5/10

Very fun and pretty hilarious.

Ain't Them Bodies Saints - 5.5/10

It's style and tone remind you a lot of Malick (see: Badlands and Days of Heaven) and The Assassination of Jesse James. Visually it's beautiful, but the mentioned films are a lot better and more interesting. Not a bad movie just not that entertaining.

+1 - 5/10

I enjoyed the premise and idea of this film though it pretty much runs right in line with movies like Primer, Timecrimes, and Triangle but with a slight twist to it. I suppose my enjoyment of this movie might mainly come from seeing how the premise plays out but there's a lot to dislike in this one, specially the love story in it and the final act as well.

Incendies - 9.5/10

Amazing movie. Loved it. Was familiar with Denis Villenueve's movies before watching Prisoners, but had never seen them before. Decided to check out Incenides after seeing Prisoners and it was outstanding.

Plus I watched all the Friday the 13th movies (1-8, and Jason Goes to Hell & Jason X). A lot of bad movies in there though admittedly they are all somewhat entertaining. My favorite might actually have been Part 6: Jason Lives. The most self-aware of the bunch.

Runner, runner - 5/10

Well paced but nothing interesting. The movie is based on a true story and is essentially the Full Tilt online poker scandal with movie elements that are farfetched. Having been in the online poker world some of the jargon and verbiage made me nostalgic. But the movie is more of a Wall Street or Boiler Room movie where poker is an asset and the protagonist gets caught up then tries to exit....no new formula here. Speaking of which, Affleck was a lot like his Boiler Room character which was cool.

I saw Leo was a producer and one of the writers is Brian Koppelman who wrote Rounders and is still living off that glory while making a bunch of other poker duds or being involved.

I think Yojimbo will be next on my list, if for no other reason than Mifune and Kurosawa spoke so highly of it themselves.

There's also Throne of Blood

Watched Throne of Blood last night.

The camera work and acting were good, and it was full of suspense, but the story was just decent.

Then again its was essentially Macbeth with samurai swords, and Macbeth is a shit story.

Watched Throne of Blood last night.

The camera work and acting were good, and it was full of suspense, but the story was just decent.

Then again its was essentially Macbeth with samurai swords, and Macbeth is a shit story.

Nice, someone on a Kurosawa kick.  If you liked Yojimbo then I recommend its sequel Sanjuro.  It is as good as Yojimbo, if not better. 

Also don't overlook his non-Samurai films like High and Low, Stray Dog, and Ikiru