• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

i re-watched "pirates of silicon valley" about rise of microsoft an apple.

still very good.

watched a steve jobs documentary on netflix called "and one last thing" and it was meh.

i heard the Jobs movie out now sucks.

There's another in the making that Woz is contributing too. It's supposedly going to be much, much better.

on the steve jobs front, watched another one on netflix.

it was a full interview from 1995 that was never released and thought to be lost.

best tv interview he ever gave by far.

like the guy or not, he had a serious passion for design/craftsmanship and a razer sharp aptitude for the product side of business. 

Watched 42 and Mud last night.

42 was ok. I thought it would have more impact or be more inspirational, but it was like they rushed through the experience and just touched on aspects he endured quickly and moved on to the next. I wish they would have focused on a few strong points and got us to really feel them.

Mud was good. I dozed off for a bit in the middle, but don't think I missed much. The epitome of a good Redbox rental.

Watched Carlitos Way last night and think I'm convinced Pacino is severely overrated and actually a bad actor who just happens to be in a lot of good movies.

I think I'm going to get brave and pop in Carlitos Way 2.....which is still in the wrapper from when we all joked about it 6-7 years ago after I picked it up for $5.

Watched Carlitos Way last night and think I'm convinced Pacino is severely overrated and actually a bad actor who just happens to be in a lot of good movies.

Couldn't agree more. Sadly, it started rather early in his career. I believe the first time his terrible overacting reared its ugly head was in the Godfather Part 2 with this line:

"IN MY HOME! IN MY BEDROOM! Where my wife sleeps... where my children come and play with their toys."

Edited by Ray McKigney

The one that drives me nuts is the big ass scene in Heat. The scene with him getting shot and on the stretcher in Carlitos Way was just beyond horrible.....I had that image in my head someone posted up from Godfather 3 after he gets shot.

Then they start making bit spots for him like Two For The Money and Any Given Sunday where they just let him loose and tell him to be loud and obnoxious.

Couldn't agree more. Sadly, it started rather early in his career. I believe the first time his terrible overacting reared its ugly head was in the Godfather Part 2 with this line:

"IN MY HOME! IN MY BEDROOM! Where my wife sleeps... where my children come and play with their toys."

I don't know, while agree overall, he might be a bit overrated, but his performance in Dog Day Afternoon is one my favorites of all-time.

"She's got a GREAT ass!  And, your head is all the way up it!"-  Al (from "Heat").  Agreed:  yelling does not equal great acting.

Saw double-feature of "Star Trek- Into Darkness" and "World War Z" last night.  Both were in 3-D.  I enjoyed both movies.  Star Trek seemed to be a loose-remake of "Wrath of Khan" but it was still fun.  "World War Z" is insane!  I'm not a big fan of the super-speedy zombies, but the movie surprised me.  It was kind of like James Bond vs. the zombies.  I thought it was a good zombie movie, but after reading the book it left a lot to be desired.

The one that drives me nuts is the big ass scene in Heat. The scene with him getting shot and on the stretcher in Carlitos Way was just beyond horrible.....I had that image in my head someone posted up from Godfather 3 after he gets shot.

Then they start making bit spots for him like Two For The Money and Any Given Sunday where they just let him loose and tell him to be loud and obnoxious.

I agree. That's what he was like in scent of a woman, also, at least the portions I can remember. Couldn't stand that movie or his acting in it.