• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Redbox weekend.

Redemption

I liked it. Kind of dark and not a normal Jason Statham type flick.

The Great Gatsby

Kind of disappointed. One of my favorite novels and I liked the Robert Redford movie a lot. I just didn't like what they tried to do visually and adding modern music was terrible...although the movie gets better and settles down after the first fifteen minutes or so and the addition of The XX actually fit musically. The story is great on its own, no need for all the excess. When someone dropped the trailer here it looked to vibrant and decadent.

This Is The End

Dumbest ****ing movie I've ever seen. We wanted to give up on this a few times. Only the Michael Cera ass eating was funny. Getting a bunch of B level celebs together to act like themselves with a devil theme is moronic.

Re-watched 6 John Carpenter films (The Thing, Halloween, The Fog, In the Mouth of Madness, Prince of Darkness, and Christine), and watched Vampires for the first time.

John Carpenter is great, easily one of my favorite directors. The Thing is likely in my Top 10 favorite movies of all-time, and the others are all fun as well. In the Mouth of Madness is an underrated movie that feels like Carpenter's attempt at a Lynch film and it's pretty successful at it. Contemplating revisiting Escape from New York, Assault on Precinct 13 and They Live as well.

Also, Vampires was surprisingly fun, considering I've always heard some pretty bad things about it. James Woods killing vampires? Awesome.

A few years ago, Carpenter was at the Weekend of Horrors convention.  They had a Q&A with him.  I asked him about In the Mouth of Madness because it is one of my favorites.  He said that his goal with that movie was to make an HP Lovecraft inspired film which I think he does perfectly.

A few years ago, Carpenter was at the Weekend of Horrors convention.  They had a Q&A with him.  I asked him about In the Mouth of Madness because it is one of my favorites.  He said that his goal with that movie was to make an HP Lovecraft inspired film which I think he does perfectly.

Absolutely, the Lovecraft inspiration is definitely there.

I really wish Carpenter would release a couple more movies with his full artistic attention put into it. He did The Ward recently, but his attitude recently towards it is kind of doing it for paycheck and he's pretty open about stuff like that it seems. I believe I've heard he's openly said he's happy just sitting at home and watching basketball. More power to him for that, he's had a great career. Just for selfish reasons, I'd like to see if he could crank out maybe 1 or 2 more great movies.

Re-watched 6 John Carpenter films (The Thing, Halloween, The Fog, In the Mouth of Madness, Prince of Darkness, and Christine), and watched Vampires for the first time.

John Carpenter is great, easily one of my favorite directors. The Thing is likely in my Top 10 favorite movies of all-time, and the others are all fun as well. In the Mouth of Madness is an underrated movie that feels like Carpenter's attempt at a Lynch film and it's pretty successful at it. Contemplating revisiting Escape from New York, Assault on Precinct 13 and They Live as well.

Also, Vampires was surprisingly fun, considering I've always heard some pretty bad things about it. James Woods killing vampires? Awesome.

I agree with you regarding the "The Thing."  I love that movie and I'll watch every time it comes on (on cable unedited).  The casting was great, especially Kurt Russell (a favorite of Carpenter).  The only thing dated with that movie are the special effects, but everything else is great. 

I liked it until the ending. The subject at hand makes me completely disgusted.

Yeah, I know what you mean about that. Kind of unnecessary. I think it was just trying to stay true to the novel. But, I think the novel had more time to explain what was going on. The movie just seemed to throw it out there and it seemed kind of out of place. 

saw "this is the end."

first half was pretty slow but second half was fun.

danny mcbride and the black dude from knocked up always make me laugh.

some good lines.

Watched this last night, there were a few funny parts but overall I thought it was meh.

I kept seeing people say it was soooo funny. I'm glad I had a redbox code for this one.

I got a chance to watch Olympus Has Fallen and really liked it. I enjoy good action thrillers and this delivered. It definitely looked better than the version with the always impressive Channing Tatum. Outside of 21 Jump Street, he's pretty bad. Gerard Butler was a badass, as I expected.

Watched this last night, there were a few funny parts but overall I thought it was meh.

I kept seeing people say it was soooo funny. I'm glad I had a redbox code for this one.

yeah agreed it wasnt great.

i thought the first half was terrible and we were ready to shut it off, but second half had some funny parts. 

jonah hill made me lol with: "you know who they rescue first? a-list celebrities. they'll come for clooney, sandra bullock, me.... maybe you guys since you're with me."

yeah agreed it wasnt great.

i thought the first half was terrible and we were ready to shut it off, but second half had some funny parts. 

jonah hill made me lol with: "you know who they rescue first? a-list celebrities. they'll come for clooney, sandra bullock, me.... maybe you guys since you're with me."

At James Franco's roast they kept making fun of Jonah Hill for being a "big celebrity" now that he's done a movie with Brad Pitt