• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I actually think White House Down is better than Olympus Has Fallen. It's way more fun and it's kind of sad that White House Down is a far better Die Hard sequel than either of the last two Die Hard movies.

The fourth Die Hard was great.  We will ignore the last one.

Gravity (IMAX 3D)

11/10

I will say that this is one of the top 10 in-theater viewings I've ever had. I saw it in IMAX 3D and we were pretty much dead center in the auditorium. I get that there are plenty of inaccuracies, but I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody has issues with them since they are so extreme. The film isn't marketed as if it were a retelling of anything.

With that said, the cinematography and sound on this film blew my mind. Furthermore the performances are absolutely great. The film never lets up save for a minute or so here and there, and when it does, it wastes no time is effectively poignant and/or thoughtful. There really is very little in terms of story, and yet this film manages to affect the viewer in a visceral and emotional manner that many films which spend a great amount of time developing character and story cannot come close to matching.

I loved this film.

Go see it in IMAX. Seriously.

Bad Grandpa

One I thought would have funny parts, but would redbox. This movie was hilarious. There is 3-4 legit gasping for air scenes....one in particular that gave me a headache from air deprivation from laughing too hard.

I haven't watched the Jackass movies....I had my fill back in the CKY skate videos in the 90s....but know those have no theme and are random acts. This is done more like a Borat with a theme and plot, so to speak.

Highly recommended for a laugh.

And now for the soap box, parents brought kids and one even a baby to the viewing we saw. Disgusting.

after seeing "this is the end" decided to finally watch pineapple express.

never appealed to me before because i figured it was a stoner movie, and those rarely make me laugh.

but thought it was good. better than expected, had some funny parts.

danny mcbride always makes me chuckle.

I am in pure Halloween mode:

Dracula (1931)

Frankenstein (1931)

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

The Wolfman (1941)

V/H/S/ 2

The Ugly

Bram Stroker's Dracula

Yeah, I've been too. Re-watching a bunch of my favorites and a few I've been meaning to see:

Night of the Creeps

Re-Animator

The Exorcist

Pit and the Pendulum (Corman/Price)

The Fall of the House of Usher (Corman/Price)

The Dead (not very good)

Chilling Visions: 5 Senses of Fear (terrible)

Devil

The Ward

Curse of Chucky

Trick or Treat

This is the End- Better than I thought it would be. Super silly and stupid, but the ribbing between the characters was pretty good. The scene where McBride and Franco was yelling back and forth over what happened in the bathroom I thought was pretty funny.

Django Unchained- Awesome.  I really like Waltz, DiCaprio and Foxx as actors, so I knew it would translate well to also liking the movie.  Great dialogue, characters and suspense. Waltz killed it again.