• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jared Walsh is a Beast

35 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Not bad for a 36th round pick that took up pitching in a desperate attempt to hold onto a roster spot. 

I hope they can pencil him into the lineup for the next seven years and we can count on a .900 OPS and 35 HR's a year to go with solid defense, every year. 

39th.

Dipoto picked his own kid in the 38th.

7 hours ago, robblin17 said:

The guy shows up everyday and just gets shit done. No non sense attitude and knows how to own the moment. 

The guy is slashing .279/.338/.552. 135 OPS+. 

Beast. 

That slash line is only half the story: 

Walsh is 3rd in the AL for slugging at .571 behind only Shohei and baby Vlad.

4th in the AL for HR's with 22.

4th in the AL for RBI's with 64.

4th for XBH with 45.

5th for AB/HR at 14.18 - that's a home run every 14 at bats, or roughly one every three games.

6th for Total Bases with 178. 

He is even 5th in the AL for intentional walks with 4. 

A beast indeed. If it wasn't for Shohei, Walsh would be the stand-out highlight of the season.

EDIT: OPS+ is now 140; WRC+ is 144; fWAR is 2.3 - good for 26th in the AL.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hea been a huge out of nowhere boost. 

Go back to a year ago today.... if anyone told you trout, upton and rendon would be out for extended time, but no worries, ohtani and walsh are going to be manny/ortiz, you would have laughed

At least both Ohtani and Walsh has been putting up great numbers at the plate without steroids like the steroid boys Manny and Ortiz. To me, Manny was the scariest hitter in the Red Sox lineup for the whole time that he was there. I just felt like every single time that he was up in a big spot that Manny would get that big hit. Too bad he couldn't stay out of trouble once he got to Boston because I think his best season came with the Indians. Dude was a dangerous hitter even in Cleveland. But I do like what I am seeing from Walsh. He's adjusted and has come a long way as a hitter over the past season. Obviously, pitchers will make an adjustment on how to pitch to him but as of right now, the Angels have a nice story in Walsh. I like feel-good stories. The Angels had one just a couple of seasons ago in Goodwin, who was let go by the Royals but eventually put up a nice season with the bat for the Angels in 2019. 

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

At least both Ohtani and Walsh has been putting up great numbers at the plate without steroids like the steroid boys Manny and Ortiz. To me, Manny was the scariest hitter in the Red Sox lineup for the whole time that he was there. I just felt like every single time that he was up in a big spot that Manny would get that big hit. Too bad he couldn't stay out of trouble once he got to Boston because I think his best season came with the Indians. Dude was a dangerous hitter even in Cleveland. But I do like what I am seeing from Walsh. He's adjusted and has come a long way as a hitter over the past season. Obviously, pitchers will make an adjustment on how to pitch to him but as of right now, the Angels have a nice story in Walsh. I like feel-good stories. The Angels had one just a couple of seasons ago in Goodwin, who was let go by the Royals but eventually put up a nice season with the bat for the Angels in 2019. 

Your steroid crap in every thread has run its course. There is no need to include in every post. 

Staaartiiiiing now!

Just now, Stradling said:

And I’m sure the Angels ignore those calls.  He is a guy you only trade for a controllable ace.  

Yes I agree.  Just saying if the Angels are fishing for that true front line starter that is controllable for beyond this year, I bet his name comes up.

I am just noting that it seems we all talk about if we are willing to trade Adell or Marsh or XXX to get that stud pitcher, and we should probably acknowledge that Walsh is a guy other teams may be asking for.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes I agree.  Just saying if the Angels are fishing for that true front line starter that is controllable for beyond this year, I bet his name comes up.

I am just noting that it seems we all talk about if we are willing to trade Adell or Marsh or XXX to get that stud pitcher, and we should probably acknowledge that Walsh is a guy other teams may be asking for.

Personally I’d be more prone to trade Adell for pitching and if we can’t figure out right field then sign a 1st baseman and move Walsh back out to RF. 

18 minutes ago, Revad said:

We got lucky, or Billy was the as smart as anyone in the room, to get Walsh and Ward and others.  Walsh isn’t going anywhere, Ward would make an excellent trade piece.

DiPoto drafted Walsh and Ward.....and Ward was a 1st round pick...totally different story than Walsh....probably somewhat of a disappointment, although he has been useful....maybe he takes it to another level....

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

And I’m sure the Angels ignore those calls.  He is a guy you only trade for a controllable ace.  

He's a cornerstone kind of guy - unless we see a drop-off coming - and I've seen nothing to suggest he's a flash-in-the-pan - you keep him, and find some other way to get an ace.  

I'll take that ~4 fWAR he's gonna put up this year all day long ...