• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jared Walsh is a Beast

19 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

He's a cornerstone kind of guy - unless we see a drop-off coming - and I've seen nothing to suggest he's a flash-in-the-pan - you keep him, and find some other way to get an ace.  

I'll take that ~4 fWAR he's gonna put up this year all day long ...

dont think he is a flash in the pan either. He does not often have a bad at-bat.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

And I’m sure the Angels ignore those calls.  He is a guy you only trade for a controllable ace.  

Would you trade him for a controllable Ace?

I was going to comment what we think we could get for him in a trade for speculation sake.

Personally I’d be more prone to trade Adell for pitching and if we can’t figure out right field then sign a 1st baseman and move Walsh back out to RF. 

To be honest I do not see anything wrong with Walsh at 1b and Ward in RF.  We also have Thaiss.

We could trade Adell or Marsh

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Would you trade him for a controllable Ace?

I was going to comment what we think we could get for him in a trade for speculation sake.

Yea, I probably would.  But we are talking in a package for a guy like Buehler.  I am not trading him for a change of scenery guy.  

38 minutes ago, stormngt said:

To be honest I do not see anything wrong with Walsh at 1b and Ward in RF.  We also have Thaiss.

We could trade Adell or Marsh

^^^^  If Adell or Marsh could get us a controllable pitcher, I'd put Ward in RF and leave him alone.....

This year has shown that we should probably hold onto our outfielders, especially since Maddon will literally throw anyone out there.

The impact of a frontline starter will be lessened significantly if the defense is still shit.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

This year has shown that we should probably hold onto our outfielders, especially since Maddon will literally throw anyone out there.

The impact of a frontline starter will be lessened significantly if the defense is still shit.

I get what you are saying and its tough to disagree, but the impact a front line starter has on the bullpen can’t be overlooked.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I get what you are saying and its tough to disagree, but the impact a front line starter has on the bullpen can’t be overlooked.

Yes, if the defense is good behind him. If it isn't, he's not going 7 innings a night.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except Ward is a league average offensive player at a premium offensive position.  I like Ward, but more as a 4th outfielder type.  I very well could be in the minority here.  

For me it's about prioritizing.   I would rather get a controllable quality pitcher and Ward in RF

Than a plus hitter in right field and continue throwing the trash out there that we have been using as pitchers.

Ideally,  our inexpensive pitchers (CROD, Sandoval, Suarez, Canning , and yes Barria ate used and effective and we do not need to trade Adell or Marsh.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

What are you telling me to leave Walsh alone?

I didn't specifically tell you anything. I was stating to leave him alone - as in, leave him at first base. Why move him back to the outfield when he's crushing it? 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

I didn't specifically tell you anything. I was stating to leave him alone - as in, leave him at first base. Why move him back to the outfield when he's crushing it? 

Got it.  I would agree.  I thought you were saying he was untouchable in trade discussions.

Except Ward is a league average offensive player at a premium offensive position.  I like Ward, but more as a 4th outfielder type.  I very well could be in the minority here.  

You are not alone in this thinking 

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes I agree.  Just saying if the Angels are fishing for that true front line starter that is controllable for beyond this year, I bet his name comes up.

I am just noting that it seems we all talk about if we are willing to trade Adell or Marsh or XXX to get that stud pitcher, and we should probably acknowledge that Walsh is a guy other teams may be asking for.

Walsh for Frontline Ace, then bring up Thaiss for 1B.  Nah, I'll pass.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

But wouldn’t the team be better in that scenario?

yes.  The difference between a front line starter and our worst starter is greater than the difference between Walsh and Thais, plus it is a helluva lot easier to find an offensive first baseman in free agency than a front line starter.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

His value will be providing (roughly) league average offense in a dude that can play 6 positions. It's not a bad way to keep a job in the majors.