• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's actually owed 45 Mil...  And I doubt they end up paying him.  I can totally see MLB suspending him for the year opening the door for the Dodgers to get over..

I can totally see LAD releasing him if he does get suspended and paying him the money owed for 2023 -- 17 mil in 2023 to make the problem go away probably looks like a bargain to them.

I show he's owed $32 million for 2022 and 2023.  

https://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/nl-west/los-angeles-dodgers/

Trevor Bauer rhp
3 years/$102M (2021-23)

• 3 years/$102M (2021-23)
    • signed by LA Dodgers as a free agent 2/5/21
    • $10M signing bonus (paid in $5M installments 3/15/21 and 7/15/21)
    • 21:$28M (all payable 11/1/21), 22:$32M, 23:$32M
    • Bauer may opt out of the contract after the 2021 season, receiving a $2M buyout, with Dodgers deferring $20M of 2021 salary without interest, paid in $2M installments each Dec. 1, 2031-40
    • Bauer may opt out of the contract after the 2022 season, receiving a $15M buyout)
    • limited no-trade protection each season:
      • from Opening Day through the All-Star Game, requiring Bauer’s approval to be traded to an AL club
      • after All-Star Game: requiring Bauer’s approval to be traded to an AL club if he is an All-Star, has thrown more than 80 innings before the All-Star Game, or pitches at least 1 inning in each start before the All-Star Game
    • if released for lack of skill while still under contract, Bauer may elect to take remaining money due as a buyout, preventing another club from signing him for the minimum salary with the Dodgers paying the remaining balance, less the minimum salary
    • placed on restricted list 7/2/21 (administrative leave during assualt investigation). Leave extended 7/9/21 through 7/15/21. Leave extended 7/15/21 through 7/27/21. Leave extended 7/27/21 through 8/6/21. Leave extended 8/6/21 through 8/13/21. Leave extended 8/13/21 through 8/20/21. Leave extended 8/19/21 through 8/27/21. Leave extended 8/27/21 through 9/3/21.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I show he's owed $32 million for 2022 and 2023.  

https://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/nl-west/los-angeles-dodgers/

You're right, I've always had it set in my head he would opt out after the second season and trigger the 15 mil buyout and forgot the true breakdown, thank you for the clarification and the reminder to always double check my facts.

I guess ultimately Bauer retains the final say which kinda is funnier to me and makes it potentially worse for the LAD.

Sounds like they could either end up paying the buyout at the lower figure or 32 mil if he chooses to stick around which I guess is a real possibility if baseball ends up black-balling him....

Oof... imagine option 3, where MLB suspends him for two years....  then its back to being annoyed because they got over.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You're right, I've always had it set in my head he would opt out after the second season and trigger the 15 mil buyout and forgot the true breakdown, thank you for the clarification and the reminder to always double check my facts.

I guess ultimately Bauer retains the final say which kinda is funnier to me and makes it potentially worse for the LAD.

Sounds like they could either end up paying the buyout at the lower figure or 32 mil if he chooses to stick around which I guess is a real possibility if baseball ends up black-balling him....

Oof... imagine option 3, where MLB suspends him for two years....  then its back to being annoyed because they got over.

The way the contract was first reported was, $40, $45, $17, that’s now how it’s written as I read it yesterday on Cots, but we all discussed the $40, $45, $17 report when he signed the deal. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

The way the contract was first reported was, $40, $45, $17, that’s now how it’s written as I read it yesterday on Cots, but we all discussed the $40, $45, $17 report when he signed the deal. 

That's how I remembered it but the fine print clearly has that buyout in year two driving the numbers.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Looking at his contract on Cot's.  Looks like his leave ended on 9/3/21.  

So let's hope for a circus come Valentines day.  

Cot's just didn't update it after then.  His leave was extended through the playoffs.  The season is over, so there's nothing to be suspended for at this point.  He has not technically been reinstated yet, though, since there's no reason to deal with it until the next season approaches.

30 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

The other problem is, the article is already painting Bauer as guilty of domestic violence.  And so far, it's looking consensual.  Kinky, and to the prudes extreme, but consensual.  

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hasn't he already served a suspension equivalent to the suspension for domestic violence?

He hasn't served a suspension.  He was on administrative leave, which is technically different from a suspension.  If in the future they DO decide to punish him with a suspension, it's possible that they will consider the leave as "time served"--but they don't have to.

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He hasn't served a suspension.  He was on administrative leave, which is technically different from a suspension.  If in the future they DO decide to punish him with a suspension, it's possible that they will consider the leave as "time served"--but they don't have to.

That'll also be the interesting fight.  I'm sure the PU will say that this administrative leave is equivalent to a suspension.  Where MLB will probably say it's not.