• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

Upton for Bauer plus cash, who says no?

I've pondered that trade as well.

Dodgers get away from Bauer which seems to be what they want.

Angels give up Upton and spend a little more than Upton's salary for an ace lotto ticket. 

I would lean towards doing it but I understand why that's the wrong opinion. 

Good God, you two want to move away from a guy that works hard, has a good clubhouse and community pressence although under performing, for the biggest asshole in professional sports? An ashole that may not even be able to toss another pitch in baseball but you're considering this trade?

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Good God, you two want to move away from a guy that works hard, has a good clubhouse and community pressence although under performing, for the biggest asshole in professional sports? An ashole that may not even be able to toss another pitch in baseball but you're considering this trade?

It’s a weird hypothetical. Nobody wants the asshole or the severely underperforming player. 

42 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Who says no?  

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Regardless of what either front office thinks, the answer would be Arte.

I agree. I just know how hated Upton is and figured it would be a nice topic to discuss since there’s nothing to talk about, other than Christmas Story. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Ozuna just received a relatively short suspension so it is possible Bauer would as well.

We know how much of the facts about the Bauer incident(s)? 20%? I agree he would be smarter to stop being a douche on social media. 

To be blunt, we have almost no data on which players are good guys and and which ones are a-holes.  I don't really care that Upton is nice or works hard. He either can play or he can't. Character matters to a point, but so does skill and performance. 

It is possible that Bauer is exonerated and his gross sexual habits and decisions are ruled she consented. If he was ruled innocent I find it strange many wouldn't want him on their team. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I would totally do this trade with the following conditions:

1. Dodgers agree to pay all of Upton's salary

2. Dodgers agree to pay all but 8 million of Bauer's salary (cost for a below replacement pitcher) because of Bauer's baggage

3.  Once trade becomes official, Bauer is placed on waivers or given his immediate release.

My Work Is Done Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Ozuna just received a relatively short suspension so it is possible Bauer would as well.

We know how much of the facts about the Bauer incident(s)? 20%? I agree he would be smarter to stop being a douche on social media. 

To be blunt, we have almost no data on which players are good guys and and which ones are a-holes.  I don't really care that Upton is nice or works hard. He either can play or he can't. Character matters to a point, but so does skill and performance. 

It is possible that Bauer is exonerated and his gross sexual habits and decisions are ruled she consented. If he was ruled innocent I find it strange many wouldn't want him on their team. 

Ozuna's wife refused to pursue things, claimed it was all blown out of proportion -- it's an apples and oranges situation.  

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Lou said:

It appears the dodgers love to assault women.

The secret settlements that helped a baseball star play on

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/13/yasiel-puig-mlb-dodgers-sexual-assault-allegations/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I mean do we need proof of that? 

They should all have teardrop tattoos.

Josh Hamilton should also have one.

11 hours ago, Lou said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/13/yasiel-puig-mlb-dodgers-sexual-assault-allegations/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"If they signed NDAs, that means they were asking for it." -cals, probably

On 12/15/2021 at 7:05 PM, Lou said:

Its funny that we all daydream to be major leaguers, who have at their fingertips all the women and sex in the world...

.... and Puig, who was super famous and an all star, was left having to jerk himself off in the bathroom

Like dude, just try talking to them first.