• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

He fucked her (in the ass as I recall) without her consent.

You can wordsmith all you want to figure out how that isn't rape.

Speaking of wordsmith do you think he fucked her without consent?  Or do you think while they were consensually fucking he put it in her ass without consent?  To me one is clear rape, the other isn’t nearly as clear. 

6 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Speaking of wordsmith do you think he fucked her without consent?  Or do you think while they were consensually fucking he put it in her ass without consent?  To me one is clear rape, the other isn’t nearly as clear. 

Ah, the ol' Whoopi Goldberg defense.

it-wasnt-rapeerape-whoopi-goldberg-on-ro

It is actually a stunning apology letter in its honesty.  No other high profile athlete has ever even come close to apologizing for a rape.  

I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

I like that in yk’s mind there is no such thing as redemption.  Once a bad dude always a bad dude in his mind.  Both things could be true, he very well could have “raped” that woman, and then he could have been a champion for women later on.  They aren’t mutually exclusive.  Bad people mature out of doing bad acts.  

2 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

I like that in yk’s mind there is no such thing as redemption.  Once a bad dude always a bad dude in his mind.  Both things could be true, he very well could have “raped” that woman, and then he could have been a champion for women later on.  They aren’t mutually exclusive.  Bad people mature out of doing bad acts.  

Okay, I will bite.

Understanding that the rape apology letter was extremely sincere (I say that without sarcasm - I thought that even after being wrung through a dozen lawyers, that letter was shockingly honest and sincere.  Not the usual "sorry if i offended" bs apology.)  What else did he do to rehab his image?

Coach his daughter's basketball team?  I coached my daughter's soccer team for years.  I know a hundred dads who coached their daughter's teams.  All with a huge amount of love.

Okay, what else?

It's my contention that his rehabilitation had to do with winning several more NBA titles.  81 points. 60 points in his last game.

But I will hang up and listen.  What did he do to rehabilitate his image?  Because rape is a pretty big hurdle to overcome.

With good PR and effective marketing, anything is possible.  If I suddenly decided I was going to take this woman, after she is fawning over me and comes alone into my room I would be in jail so fast and I’m a white guy.  If I was a latino or black guy it would not go better, at least here in Georgia where sometimes we forget that people are just people, no matter what they look like.

Or I could be a celebrity.  

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Okay, I will bite.

Understanding that the rape apology letter was extremely sincere (I say that without sarcasm - I thought that even after being wrung through a dozen lawyers, that letter was shockingly honest and sincere.  Not the usual "sorry if i offended" bs apology.)  What else did he do to rehab his image?

Coach his daughter's basketball team?  I coached my daughter's soccer team for years.  I know a hundred dads who coached their daughter's teams.  All with a huge amount of love.

Okay, what else?

It's my contention that his rehabilitation had to do with winning several more NBA titles.  81 points. 60 points in his last game.

But I will hang up and listen.  What did he do to rehabilitate his image?  Because rape is a pretty big hurdle to overcome.

So it is his image you are worried about and not whether or not he was actually a changed man?  

Just now, Hells Rainbow said:

So it is his image you are worried about and not whether or not he was actually a changed man?  

Sorry.  I interchanged 'rehabbed image' with 'changed man'.

Question I am still asking - what did he do to become a changed man?

Just now, yk9001 said:

Sorry.  I interchanged 'rehabbed image' with 'changed man'.

Question I am still asking - what did he do to become a changed man?

How the hell would any of us know what he did to become a changed man?  There were several women who spoke well of him and his desire to make women sports equal to mens sports.  But once again, I have no idea whether he changed or not.  But to pretend you only change when you do things publicly is nonsense.  That goes back to image and not actually change.

"Newly released court papers in the rape case against Kobe Bryant suggest that his accuser had sex with a second man not long after her encounter with Mr. Bryant. They also show that prosecutors were concerned that disclosure of that information could undermine their case."