• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seriously, f*ck this team

wopphil

1 minute ago, cals said:

That ending sucked but when your lineup is missing two of the top hitters in baseball the offense will struggle.  Not that the runner on second rule caused the loss, but I fucking can’t stand that stupid shit.  I almost won’t watch extra inning games because of it.

That and the two calls that didn't go our way. Grrr

It’s just the same shit. Literally, every fucking year, the pitching absolutely blows. No excuse for the suckage Iglesias has brought to this team - he has been dog shit. The second worst team ERA in all of baseball. The fucking Pirates are better. 

And tomorrow we will score 8 runs. But will give up 9+. 

Raisel Fuentes/Ernesto Iglesias is a flop so far!

Nice bullpen acquisitions, Perry!

Your off-season player acquisitions grade so far = a big fat D !

Things that will happen before this team has a good bullpen:

Politicians stop lying

Mencia develops his own comedy.

Jimmy Fallon stops breaking character.

The Orlando Magic wins an NBA title.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Time for total rebuild. 5 losing seasons nothing changing. Sit down with Trout ask him what teams he would like to be traded too. Phillies, Yanks, Dodgers maybe Padres. Total youth movement. Keep Fletcher, Walsh and Ohtani everyone else could go. Have a 3 year plan get payroll like Oakland has and stop spending on free agents and having bad contracts. Pujols, Upton and Rendon. Something drastic needs to change or will be just more losing. See what you can get for Bundy and Heaney now as they are gone after this season. 

FFS, some real cry babies in this thread. It's just baseball. You win some, you lose some. It's a long season. I'm just glad I get to watch a full season and I'm going to watch as many games as I can.

With everything else going on in the world, losing a game is a small thing. Yes, it sucks - but this season is just getting started and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss watching Trout and Ohtani because one day, that show will end. I'm going to soak it all up.

As much as the past 8 games mostly suck, it is a longggg season.   Feels good to not hold in the frustration though, realizing just how long the past five losing seasons were.

NO WAY I’m trading Trout!   Just ask the Marlins what happens in baseball when a superstar is traded for poorly scouted acquisitions.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Time for total rebuild. 5 losing seasons nothing changing. Sit down with Trout ask him what teams he would like to be traded too. Phillies, Yanks, Dodgers maybe Padres. Total youth movement. Keep Fletcher, Walsh and Ohtani everyone else could go. Have a 3 year plan get payroll like Oakland has and stop spending on free agents and having bad contracts. Pujols, Upton and Rendon. Something drastic needs to change or will be just more losing. See what you can get for Bundy and Heaney now as they are gone after this season. 

Or just spend some money/prospects on pitching...

I think we're (understandably) frustrated because the A's are playing ridiculous baseball right now, the Mariners are playing way over their heads, and now Houston is roaring back.

We knew it was going to be a dogfight for this division. The M's won't be there but Oakland and Houston will. 

I think we'll be there as well. This offense is just too good. You also have to look at our schedule so far. We're playing nothing but good teams (besides Texas) and we're .500. 

Baseball is a frustrating sport to follow because there's so many games. That means we're going to have games where we lose 15-1, games where we blow large leads, and a healthy dose of heartbreak. We'll get swept. We'll lose 7 games in a row (or more). We'll get 1 hit. Honestly, is there a loss that is easy to swallow? It's happening 70 times this year. That's 70 days of being pissed off at a baseball game.

Now on the negative side, this team is actually performing exactly as expected (or feared). Great offense with terrible pitching. Hopefully either the rotation significantly improves or the bullpen does. If they both suck, we're in for another 75-80 win season. 

At least this shit is happening in April. Every game is important but if we're facing a tie for last place with a loss tonight, it's so much better to happen in April instead of July or August.

10 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Maybe it's because my expectations for this franchise have been battered over the last 5 years, but I'm actually pretty good with them being .500 after 18 games.

This is true. We're typically well below .500 heading into May trying to dig our way out of hole to start the season. 

If the team's core can stay healthy for the most part the rest of the season, I still expect us to be contending through Sept. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone shocked that Thaiss hasn’t been called up to run around CF with Trout out?  I mean Maddon played him at 2nd and LF for the first time ever on back to back days in major league games. 

I feel like Thaiss has dropped on Maddon's depth chart. I hope we see Ward over Rengifo here shortly since he can catch, play two outfield spots (probably CF as well with his speed) and play 3B/1B, probably SS in a pinch as well. 

I'm thinking with Rojas hitting a bit better and the fact that his defense has improved a bit, we may keep him over Rengifo when everyone is healthy. 

So far you got to like Schebler for RF. Scott Schebler has three doubles which is second most on the Angels, despite just playing 3-4 games. 

12 hours ago, cals said:

That ending sucked but when your lineup is missing two of the top hitters in baseball the offense will struggle.  Not that the runner on second rule caused the loss, but I fucking can’t stand that stupid shit.  I almost won’t watch extra inning games because of it.

Totally missed that. Still haven't watched a whole lot this year and keep missing that runner on second thing. I literally stepped away from the tv just before fletchers hit, and in the bottom of the inning, and was wondering what the hell i missed and how there were runners on.

Yeah, that rule is stupid